Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with Android Installer and Sony TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Up to a couple of days ago, no problem installing nightlies using Android Installer on Sony KD-65X8505C.

Sony have just upgraded to Nougat and now I cannot install.

Download is OK but then the install window is inoperative excepting for the "cancel" button.

Obviously this is a Sony issue with their latest update but is there a suggested "workaround" ?

Would appreciate advice.

Thanks on advance.
Since posting above, have manually downloaded latest nightly apk and tried installing using xplore.

Same problem.

Strangely, installing 17.6 from Google Store works fine.
Same problem here with a KD75-XD9405. Occurs yesterday with the Leia-Update from 17.03.
so. clerarly, nougat broke sideloading apps.
First thing to check is that installing from unknown sources is enabled under the lock screen and security settings.
My security settings are:

Unknown sources = ON

Verify apps = OFF

Still cannot install.
Same here. Cannot find a hint in the Sony-Community.
Tried to install latest nightly and still the same issue so have uploaded Kodi log after setting debug.

Kodi crashed so this is the old log.

http://ix.io/Znt

Hope this helps
@waterman2901 - could you have installed any more banned addons (wiki) and repos if you tried? We offer absolutely no support for any device which has them and violates our piracy policy (wiki).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2018-03-19, 03:48)waterman2901 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this helps
How many repositories can someone actually need...
What's the going jail sentence rate these days for robbing 50+ banks?
OK, will clean it up and retry all.
Will that level of junk screwing everything up, I'd burn everything to the keel and start again with a totally fresh installation without any add-ons at all.
Yes: exactly what I am doing.

Nothing excepting Kodi repo.

Kodi 17.6 downloaded from Goodle Store and installed OK.

Currently downloading latest nightly and will report back later today.
Download OK.

Installation failed and Kodi crashed.

Here is old log.

http://ix.io/ZCe

Hope it is well received.
(2018-03-18, 10:57)kinggo Wrote: [ -> ]so. clerarly, nougat broke sideloading apps.
 I'll repeat myself here.....
the only way to install nightly (or any other apk outside of the store) is to use ADB.
Pages: 1 2