Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: GSoC 2018- Interested in "Build Profile Support" project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sir/ma'am

I am Rajashree Mukherjee, a 2nd-year student at Kalinga Institute of Industial Training, Bhubaneswar, India with major in Computer Science and Engineering. I’m interested in working on Kodi’s Better Profile Support idea during GSoC.

Email:- [email protected]

Goal:- Being able to easily add more profile features to Kodi's Better Profile Support.

Regarding these questions in the link  328448 (thread)

1. Tell us about the computer(s) and devices you have available for working on your SoC project?
I have a laptop(Intel Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.40GHz ) with 8 GB RAM.

2. When did you first start programming?
In 2010 to be exact, in my 6th standard, it was in C++ language.

3. Are you a user of Kodi? When did you first start using it?
Well, frankly no, I’m not a user of Kodi, my first experience with it was a day ago. But I really find it interesting and remarkable.

4. Have you contributed to other Open Source projects? If so, which projects and can we see some of your code?
No, I haven't contributed to Open Source Projects yet. This is my first involvment through GSoc. Hence as a newbie I really need your help and guidance in this regard.

5. What sorts of programming projects have you done on your own time?
I am quite proficient in coding using C, C++ and Java language. A have a hands-on learning on Python programming too. Also I have done a course on Responsive Web Designing using HTML5/CSS3, JavaScript and Bootstrap framework.

6. How much time do you have available, and how would you plan to use it?
In summer, starting from the first week of May till second week of July. I will be having all day free. It will be divided into self-study and project’s work.

7. Do you plan to have a job or study during the summer in conjunction with Summer of Code?
No, I do not have a work or study during the summer.

Requirements: C++
Possible mentor: @Razze
@Razze sir,
Is there any chance that I could get an opportunity to work on this idea for GSoC project, and also help and learn with KODI?

Regards,
Rajashree Mukherjee
Hey there nice to have you here.

I won't lie, chances here are offered through well thought out project proposals, so if you look at the profile code - understand it and see the problems. Then write up how you would do it better, that would let us talk further about it.