Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My suggestion for all with Nvidia Shield with Android 8.0

1.) first install original Netflix app and try if play 4k HDR
2.) if answer is yes, find ESN and manaul add to netflix addon ...

I hope this help... my Sony Android TV with Android 8  now can play 4k HDR ... this "trick" also work on my EON android box where before work only 540p resolution...this box have widevine L1 but not Netflix certicifate...
(2019-09-06, 11:49)webmaher Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion for all with Nvidia Shield with Android 8.0

I hope this help... my Sony Android TV with Android 8  now can play 4k HDR ... this "trick" also work on my EON android box where before work only 540p resolution...this box have widevine L1 but not Netflix certicifate...
Android 8.0 works fine with the addon.
Android 9 (Shield Experience 8.0) does not work. When people say Shield 8.0, it’s possible they mean Android 9 which is known to have problems with 540p+ playback.
(2019-09-05, 21:34)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on Kodi 18.4, Netflix 15.2, Nvidia Shield TV.
Everything works fine, no errors. So far, so good.
Please explain what Android version you are on.
It’s known that Android 8 (Shield Experience 7.x) works as expected, however Android 9 (Shield Experience 8.0) has issues almost across the board. So if you have Android 9, then maybe something can be figured out from your setup.
I was having issues on windows last week (Kodi 18.3), ran the plugin today and got a widevine update. 

Streaming again at 1080p, thank you!
(2019-09-06, 11:49)webmaher Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion for all with Nvidia Shield with Android 8.0

Manually entering ESN on Nvidia shield with upgrade 8.0 completely breaks the add-on. Without ESN it will play shitty quality streams, with ESN no playback at all.
do you got ESN from original app?
If you watching with original app 4k HDR work?
(2019-09-05, 21:42)FatGerman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 13:36)Swiftcold Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-02, 21:45)FatGerman Wrote: [ -> ]15.2 update has solved all the issues I was having, thanks. But now I have a new issue. I've been able to watch at 720p (on Raspberry Pi 3B+) up to now, but today I got a pop-up saying I need to update Widevine - even stuff I played OK yesterday won't play. So I updated Widevine but now I can only get 540p, 720p just stutters. Don't know if it's related but the ESN field in the settings is blank, not sure what the ESN is but I remember there was something there before (just don't know what it was).

Same here, my Pi 3B+ indicates its overheated (temperature icon in the upper right corner) and everything stutters, especially if there is a scene with a lot of movement going on.  
Another update to WideVine tonight, I have 720p working again... so far. 

Nope, looks like I was wrong. 720p still stutters.
Something I was definitely looking for. Thanks
(2019-09-07, 11:06)FatGerman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 21:42)FatGerman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 13:36)Swiftcold Wrote: [ -> ]Same here, my Pi 3B+ indicates its overheated (temperature icon in the upper right corner) and everything stutters, especially if there is a scene with a lot of movement going on.  
Another update to WideVine tonight, I have 720p working again... so far.  

Nope, looks like I was wrong. 720p still stutters. 
I found a backup from July and replaced my libwidevine.so with the version from the backup. 720p is definitely working again now, and it's not telling me I need to update windevine either.

Where was the message telling me I needed to update WideVine (it was a 'you *must* update, not a 'an update is available) coming from?

I think the lesson here is, with closed-source binary blobs, if it's working, don't upgrade it Smile
It only works as long as the license server accepts the "old widivine". There are already some Addons which only will work with "new widevine".
Netflix plugin used to work on my Rpi3/Libreelec. Tried to uninstall it and install over again (0.15.2) using  CastagnaIP Repository 1.00.

I can successfully log into netflix and list entries, but if I try and play anything, I get an error message after a few seconds: 

"The addon encountered to following error:
licenseRepsponseBase64
Error details have been written to kodi logfile. If the error...."

Logfile uploaded here: wotogimefi (paste)

I should mention that HBO go also had stopped working, but I was able to update it, and along the way it required me to update the widewine during first startup, and then it was fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Hi All,

I'm unable to get the CastagnaIT 0.15.2 addon working on a Raspberry Pi 3B with Kodi 18.2 and haven't found the solution here. At least part of the cause seems installation-related.

When opening the addon's settings after installation from the repository, it shows a "Logout" button without me having entered any credentials. When I click that button Kodi displays a top-right "Netflix error" message and nothing else happens. When I try to open the addon and when Kodi starts up, it displays the same error message.

Although the CastagnaIT github mentions the inputstream.adaptive addon is automatically installed or prompted for by Kodi 18, I needed to manually install that.

When viewing the addon's dependencies now, they're all installed or optional except the last one which is still listed as
Quote:script.module.win_inet_pton
Not available

I haven't been able to locate that addon.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
François
No luck with latest Shield update. Atmos is working, but only getting SD video.
is the new Shield update worth it? I mean is it adding anything significant to Shield? 
Or best to wait it the update until this addon is fixed?
(2019-09-10, 13:15)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]is the new Shield update worth it? I mean is it adding anything significant to Shield? 
Or best to wait it the update until this addon is fixed?

no its not worth it. It breaks lots of things and adds nothing of note, and you cant roll it back.
I have the same ProfilesMissing error as some had on a Mac, but I am using a TV box with Kodi Leia 18.4 and the latest version of the addon 15.2. I manually updated script.module.inputstreamhelper https://github.com/emilsvennesson/script...r/releases to version 0.4.2 (as I read on another forum). What a fine mess we are into! Hoping to see this fixed.