Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-09-19, 20:29)antinos76 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok now it works. The only problem is that in a lot of shows and movies there are no subtitles in Netflix. This never happened before. And there is no way I can stream with high definition. But at least it works. Thank you. 

Can you please give me an example so I can take a look?
I need the tv show and the subtitle language you're expecting for.
Thanks.
Last update works for me too (Nvidia shield) but seems no hd... Thanks anyway, I wish you fix it soon
(2019-09-19, 20:43)Smeulf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-19, 20:29)antinos76 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok now it works. The only problem is that in a lot of shows and movies there are no subtitles in Netflix. This never happened before. And there is no way I can stream with high definition. But at least it works. Thank you. 

Thanks.

For example I checked elite the first episode and there were no Greek sibs. I tried the movie Murder mystery still no Greek sibs. Note even English subs in neither of them too.
Even the 13 reasons why that I just tried now has no subs. And I have them enabled
(2019-09-19, 22:19)antinos76 Wrote: [ -> ]Even the 13 reasons why that I just tried now has no subs. And I have them enabled

0.15.3 was released totday. You may try with it, but I fear it will be the same.

I can't reproduce the behavior here, I have all the subs as usually.

It would be nice if you can open an issue here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...new/choose and the most important, provide your full debug logs (You have to enable Kodi debug logging and provide logs following the steps at: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy)

You would also join the files "manifest.json" and "manifest.mpd" from userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix folder so we can see what's wrong.

Thanks.
(2019-09-19, 22:16)antinos76 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.  

For example I checked elite the first episode and there were no Greek sibs. I tried the movie Murder mystery still no Greek sibs. Note even English subs in neither of them too.  

getting subs with everything here: arabic, english, french, polish, and chinese
(2019-09-17, 20:32)acet Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed on my Nvidia Shield, I'm on 8.1 hotfix of Shield Experience. Got it working with Atmos output (yay!) but like others it seems I'm limited to 540p (boo!).
Hope one of you smart people can get it working.

Sticking my full ESN in the plugin unlocks all the HVEC resolutions, setting the inputstream plugin to manual allows me to select them all during playback, but anything over 720*480 just results in a black screen.
(2019-09-19, 22:16)antinos76 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks. 

Try disabling anything in Settings>Expert.
At least you should get the subs in your language.
(2019-09-17, 03:26)lynxstrike Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-17, 02:56)Smeulf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-16, 17:02)lynxstrike Wrote: [ -> ]I have just installed the Netflix add-on with all dependencies as instructed. Everything works fine except I can not play 4K (thou in YouTube add-on I can).

Regarding the few information you're giving, it's hard to help. You may read this: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...-4k-videos 
@Smeulf 

Thanks for your advise... after reading the link you posted, it seems 4K does not work for Windows, just Android. Shame Sad
Anyway, thank you for your help!

Is support for 4K on Kodi Windows in the pipelinen?
Does anybody Know?
(2019-09-20, 19:09)h8redv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is support for 4K on Kodi Windows in the pipelinen?
Does anybody Know?

As far as I know, no it's not, because of technical limitations of Widevine under Windows.

However, once Microsoft moves Edge to Chromium core, maybe some new opportunities will be available, but I wouldn't count on it too much.
Nvidia Shield v9 (8.0.1)
Sony Z9D
KODI 18.4
Netflix 15.3
Using ESN from Original Netflix app on Shield.
I'm still able to get some shows with 720p, 1080p w/H264, and HDR on HEVC. But no 4K yet (the screen just goes dark w/no sound) when choosing 4k)
Keep in mind that 4K UHD and HDR are two different things. You can get HDR without a 4K resolution i(f your TV has the HDR setting).

I honestly don't think it has that much to do with the updated plugin coding (codec-wise). I think Netflix has done some behind the scenes mojo. Because about a day ago, some of my Netflix shows in Kodi wouldn't play in 720 or 1080p just 480p, now ...some of them do, and some still will only play in 480p. But the plugin did fix the login issue. Kudos to the devs, They will get this 4K hiccup sorted out ! 👍
@HalfEmptY 
Install original Netflix app on your Sony android TV...
Try 4k and HDR and of course they work...
Go to settings, find ESN and write to the paper.. 

Then start Nvidia Shield, go to Netflix addon settings and manual add ESN...yes its very very long.....and if
you make no mistake 4k with HDR must work....

I try this on my Sony XE 9005 and work without problems.... this "trick" also work on my EON android box which have widevine L1 but no certificat from Netflix .... your Nvidia Shield have both so must work 999,99 %  Wink
(2019-09-22, 12:17)webmaher Wrote: [ -> ]@HalfEmptY 

Then start Nvidia Shield, go to Netflix addon settings and manual add ESN...yes its very very long.....and if

I try this on my Sony XE 9005 and work without problems.... this "trick" also work on my EON android box which have widevine L1 but no certificat from Netflix .... your Nvidia Shield have both so must work 999,99 %  Wink

You keep posting this but you dont have a shield. Im not sure why you do this? It doesnt work. I already replied and said it doesnt work , other people have too i think. It works on your sony tv .. yay good for you. Not good for shield.
(2019-09-22, 14:02)jadel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-22, 12:17)webmaher Wrote: [ -> ]@HalfEmptY 

You keep posting this but you dont have a shield. Im not sure why you do this? It doesnt work. I already replied and said it doesnt work , other people have too i think. It works on your sony tv .. yay good for you. Not good for shield.

LoL, I agree. They don't have the Shield.
But if you do, try this :to see if you can get 1080p like I do on some shows. Search the Nflix plugin for a show called Hap and Leonard, go to season 3 and play one of the episodes. 1080p option should come up available and working.
I'm struggling with this addon.
Clean install of kodi 18.4 nothing else added

1 . Samsung s9+ phone. All installed and working straight away...perfect

2 nvida shield tv box exactly the same files,setup but I get errors when I open it up

I'll try again tomorrow and if it happens again I'll upload debug file thingy as I'm lost and dobt know why it works on my phone but not on my shield.