Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-21, 23:08)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-21, 11:36)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-20, 10:34)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]If you have the shield (gaming edition) (w/game controller)

The solution I've found for missing subtltles with this plugin, is to:
1. Make sure you are using a viable sub service (I'm using opensubtitles for subs)
2. In Kodi setting - choose Forced Only for subtitles
3. In Netflix Plugin under playback where it says "Disable subtitles if there are no forced subtitle streams" ..make sure that is off.
4. Use your game controller, (during shows playback) push down on the left joystick to toggle the subtitles on and off. If there are no subtles for a particular show, you will see a message saying something like no subs available.

If you just have the remote, you may have to search manually for some subtitles. Depending on which Kodi skin your using, you should be able to search manually in the video player settings during playback, or you may be able to toggle the subs on and off from there.
I'm using the Atom1c Bomb skin so I don't have some of those options in the video player setting itself. Some player settings my be a little different depending on the skin you are using, but most options are available.

Ok, I know that i can download subs from opensubtitles etc. But I am wondering why I don't have proper subs streams.

What do you mean by "proper sub streams "? Are you certain that the Netflix movie or shows you are seeking actually contain subs? Give an example of one of the shows and I will see if I'm able to receive subs or captions for it through the Plugin.

Altered Carbon, Annihilation (4k, HDR, Atmos and no subs) for example. I dont have subs in any 4k content.
(2019-10-22, 00:08)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-21, 23:08)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-21, 11:36)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I know that i can download subs from opensubtitles etc. But I am wondering why I don't have proper subs streams.

What do you mean by "proper sub streams "? Are you certain that the Netflix movie or shows you are seeking actually contain subs? Give an example of one of the shows and I will see if I'm able to receive subs or captions for it through the Plugin.

Altered Carbon, Annihilation (4k, HDR, Atmos and no subs) for example. I dont have subs in any 4k content.
Annihilation, that title is no longer on Netflix so couldn't try it. Patton Aswald's Annihilation, and Altered Carbon, I was able to get subtitles using the method described in the other post. I'm able to get subs for other Netflix 4K content as well in the plugin. Maybe check your settings.
(2019-10-22, 02:17)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 00:08)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-21, 23:08)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "proper sub streams "? Are you certain that the Netflix movie or shows you are seeking actually contain subs? Give an example of one of the shows and I will see if I'm able to receive subs or captions for it through the Plugin.

Annihilation, that title is no longer on Netflix so couldn't try it. Patton Aswald's Annihilation, and Altered Carbon, I was able to get subtitles using the method described in the other post. I'm able to get subs for other Netflix 4K content as well in the plugin. Maybe check your settings.
You have original subs provided by netflix or from opensubtitles?
This looks like a really nice addon, to have everything in one place, however I think it's probably too much effort to get decent traction in real use.

I added TV shows that appear, however 90% of them just never appear, the streams are all there, and rescanning does nothing, removing and re-adding does nothing.
Same for movies, only 50% ever make it to the library.

Unless there's a known bug, I think the effort to try to get to the bottom of it outweighs clicking the netflix button on my TV remote.

I do hope it's the former, and that it's fixed at some point. (BTW: on raspberry Pi running latest version of Kodi/addon)

The only thing that comes up in the log is a warning

xml:
2019-10-22 08:54:58.585 T:2262864752 WARNING: No information found for item '/storage/videos/netflix/shows/Orange Is the New Black/', it won't be added to the library.
(2019-10-14, 05:19)floatingkiwi Wrote: [ -> ]problems with lists:

netflix app 15.2 running on osmc on a vero 4k.

When i browse ANY list or even do a search, i only see 50 items/shows/movies max, including the root directory "." for that list. no options exist to continue the list, or change this behaviour.  so i only get to shows starting with about "D" and cant see any more!!
ideasHuh
Surely I'm not the only one in this universe with this problem with the lists?
(2019-10-22, 23:11)floatingkiwi Wrote: [ -> ]

When i browse ANY list or even do a search, i only see 50 items/shows/movies max, including the root directory "." for that list. no options exist to continue the list, or change this behaviour.  so i only get to shows starting with about "D" and cant see any more!!
ideasHuh
it is possible that is one of the bugs just resolved, next days i will publish the new release so you can update and try again
(2019-10-23, 12:12)stefive83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 23:11)floatingkiwi Wrote: [ -> ]

ideasHuh
it is possible that is one of the bugs just resolved, next days i will publish the new release so you can update and try again 
OK ,just upgraded to 15.5 Problem sorted!
(2019-10-22, 07:57)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 02:17)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 00:08)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Altered Carbon, Annihilation (4k, HDR, Atmos and no subs) for example. I dont have subs in any 4k content.

Both. When I check...the banner says internal subtitles available, or sometimes it says external subtitles available. It's your settings, nothing more.
(2019-10-24, 01:07)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 07:57)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 02:17)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]Annihilation, that title is no longer on Netflix so couldn't try it. Patton Aswald's Annihilation, and Altered Carbon, I was able to get subtitles using the method described in the other post. I'm able to get subs for other Netflix 4K content as well in the plugin. Maybe check your settings.

Both. When I check...the banner says internal subtitles available, or sometimes it says external subtitles available. It's your settings, nothing more.

Yesterday, all of a sudden subs started to work. I didn't change anything. Strange.
Hi there! Thank you for a fantastic add-on.

I have a problem with Thai subtitles.

For example, watching the "Money Heist" series with Thai subtitles, and this is all you get:

On the other hand, Chinese subtitles work just fine, so obviously the add-on is capable of handling unicode in some scenarios.

I'm using the default Estuary skin, and in Settings / Interface / Regional, I tried setting Chacter set to "Thai (Windows)" as a possible workaround, but it made no difference.
As a last ditch effort I even tried setting the windows "default language for non-unicode programs" to Thai, but that didn't help either.

For reference, here's what the same subtitle looks like on netflix.com:

I'm hoping it's something simple. Would appreciate any help. Smile
(2019-10-24, 12:47)konbaasiang Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there! Thank you for a fantastic add-on.

I have a problem with Thai subtitles.

For example, watching the "Money Heist" series with Thai subtitles, and this is all you get:

On the other hand, Chinese subtitles work just fine, so obviously the add-on is capable of handling unicode in some scenarios.

I'm using the default Estuary skin, and in Settings / Interface / Regional, I tried setting Chacter set to"Thai (Windows)" as a possible workaround, but it made no difference.
As a last ditch effort I even tried setting the windows "default language for non-unicode programs" to Thai, but that didn't help either.

For reference, here's what the same subtitle looks like on netflix.com:

I'm hoping it's something simple. Would appreciate any help. Smile
this not concern Netflix addon
so you can try to change also this settings
Kodi settings>Player>Language>Subtitles>Character set
(2019-10-24, 13:49)stefive83 Wrote: [ -> ]this not concern Netflix addon

I did not know about this setting! I tried it, but it did _not_ help. Same result as before. Why do you assume it does not concern the Netflix addon?
(2019-10-24, 14:13)konbaasiang Wrote: [ -> ]

I did not know about this setting! I tried it, but it did _not_ help. Same result as before. Why do you assume it does not concern the Netflix addon?  
Because the addon is showing the subtitles its your device/kodi that cant display them. I think you need to do something like this
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325208
(2019-10-24, 15:23)DNKK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-24, 14:13)konbaasiang Wrote: [ -> ]

Because the addon is showing the subtitles its your device/kodi that cant display them. I think you need to do something like this
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325208 
Thank you! You're absolutely right. That did it.
(2019-10-24, 07:09)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-24, 01:07)HalfEmptY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-22, 07:57)PhO3NiX Wrote: [ -> ]You have original subs provided by netflix or from opensubtitles?

Yesterday, all of a sudden subs started to work. I didn't change anything. Strange.

Glad you got it working., As I said it's your settings.