Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-12-16, 13:53)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-16, 11:55)lohita Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everyone, I'm running the nightly build of kodi 18.5 and v0.16 of the Netflix for Kodi addon on a 2017 Shield, and while I get Dolby Atmos I don't see 4K or get an option to select the screen. Anyone know why this is happening?

instruction here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...back-at-4k 
Thank you so much - that worked perfectly!
I have been battling this issue all morning, and would love any help or guidance that can be provided.

I installed OpenElec via Noob which included Kodi.

I followed the instructions here to add the Netflix add-on, which worked perfectly.

When I attempt to launch any media from Netflix, I get:  Inputstream.adaptive is missing on your Kodi install.  This add-on is required to play this content.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to add it to the installation.  I cannot find it in any of the add-on repositories, or listed anywhere within the UI. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Don't use OpenElec as it's a dead project, use LibreElec instead.
(2019-12-17, 22:29)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use OpenElec as it's a dead project, use LibreElec instead.

Sorry, that was a typo.  I am using LibreElec.  

A bit of an update.  I saw that there were some updates available for LibreElec so I let them install and then tried the process again.

This time, when I went to launch Netflix, it came up and said that InputStream.Adaptive needed to be installed.  I excited gave it permission and it proceeded to install.  I had a few problems extracting the Chrome Recovery Image, but I just kept trying, an dit worked on the fourth or fifth time.  

Netflix was still not working, but I rebooted Kodi and once rebooting, it worked great.  

The lesson of the day was patience and continually retrying till it worked.
Hi,

Just installed Netflix add-on, everthing was going well (library sync) until I tried to play some videos.

With a few of them I was successful (e.g. brooklyn nine-nine) but with most of them no (a.g. after life, the ranch). With the latter, the Kodi "Loading..." message appeared, stuck there for some seconds and then my device rebooted. I tried several times with that files and everytime the same thing, my device rebooted.

The difference that I see between the successful and the unsuccessful is that the former had a "1080p" resolution and the latter UHD4k, however I set in Expert settings the resolution to 720 and Max bit rate to 2,500,000 but it did not helped, the device is still rebooting with the latter.

My device is an Amazon Fire-Tv 2nd Generation.

What may be the problem? and the solution?

Thanks for the help
I finally got this add-on installed and working on my Raspberry Pi 3B and it's clear a lot of work has gone into it. A great Thank You to @CastagnaIT!

One problem, though. Although playback is perfectly smooth (no stuttering) there are regular buffering delays with the percentage circle appearing. I don't have the fastest Internet link, but the same videos play perfectly well on the Android app which I assume either dynamically adapts bitrate and/or buffers better.

What can I do on the RPi3B to reduce these buffering delays? All add-on settings are at their default values currently and the system is running up-to-date Raspbian Stretch and Kodi 18.2.

Many thanks in advance.
Netflix has been broken for me on Kodi 19 nightlies since transitioning to Python3. I did a fresh install and properly applied ESN. Still does not work. There is always an error during Netflix startup. I am attaching a log of the incident.
Code:
2019-12-18 18:55:40.876 T:21331   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "init" for "GetKeyRequest" must be a string or a bytearray
2019-12-18 18:55:50.532 T:21331   ERROR: [plugin.video.netflix (0)] Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py", line 80, in __init__
                                                self.check_mastertoken_validity()
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py", line 103, in check_mastertoken_validity
                                                if self.perform_key_handshake():
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py", line 51, in error_catching_wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/common/misc_utils.py", line 264, in timing_wrapper
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/msl_handler.py", line 123, in perform_key_handshake
                                                self.request_builder.handshake_request(esn)))
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/common/misc_utils.py", line 264, in timing_wrapper
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/request_builder.py", line 58, in handshake_request
                                                compression=None, esn=esn).encode('utf-8')).decode('utf-8'),
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/request_builder.py", line 94, in _headerdata
                                                header_data['keyrequestdata'] = self.crypto.key_request_data()
    File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/resources/lib/services/msl/android_crypto.py", line 62, in key_request_data
                                                bytes([10, 122, 0, 108, 56, 43]), 'application/xml', True, dict())
    TypeError: argument "init" for "GetKeyRequest" must be a string or a bytearray

[FULL_LOG]
I just installed Netflix add-on 0.16.1 to Kodi 18.5 on Mi S box with android Pie beta 3. Everything work fine except I can't  get Dolby Digital 5.1 through the receiver. If I play stand alone Netflix and Amazon Prime apps, Dolby Digital 5.1 worked fine.

Audio output through S/pdif on Mi S box Pie beta 3. 

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated
I'm writing to this forum a bit in desperation, as I'm trying to fix the problem myselfw/o any progress since 3 Months now ...
Kodi 18.5 on a QNAP HS-251+ (Baytrail) HD-station 4.05 is running pretty well, with the exception being Netflix :-(
Problem is: When starting an HD movie, after a while, the steam stalls and the buffer is going down to 0%, consequently vq and aq are following.
Stream stopps, the nice icon appears and, slowly, fills back the buffer, steam continues. 
Internet Access is 50Mbit/s, and steady, other VOD apps are having no problem at all.
Tests with any kind of combination of Video sync to display, adaptive syncronisation V/A, passthrough on/off, could not fight the issue.
It's getting better with lower resultions (720p) generating lower Video bandwidth, but anything above 5-6MBit on vq is causing trouble.
changing from h264 to vp9 does not make a difference either.

I'm running out of ideas with these constant "CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer" and "NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled". see log in Pastebin.unuyawahet.kodi (paste)
Just now I spotted an error caused by the plugin, and I catched in the attached log. If someone knowledgable can give me a hand where to further look into, highly appreciated.
Just need another pair of eyes ... ...or the developers willing to look into it.
Thanks !
(2019-12-20, 18:48)thomas.rehberg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm writing to this forum a bit in desperation, as I'm trying to fix the problem myselfw/o any progress since 3 Months now ...
Kodi 18.5 on a QNAP HS-251+ (Baytrail) HD-station 4.05 is running pretty well, with the exception being Netflix :-(
Problem is: When starting an HD movie, after a while, the steam stalls and the buffer is going down to 0%, consequently vq and aq are following.
Stream stopps, the nice icon appears and, slowly, fills back the buffer, steam continues. 
Internet Access is 50Mbit/s, and steady, other VOD apps are having no problem at all.
Tests with any kind of combination of Video sync to display, adaptive syncronisation V/A, passthrough on/off, could not fight the issue.
It's getting better with lower resultions (720p) generating lower Video bandwidth, but anything above 5-6MBit on vq is causing trouble.

I'm running out of ideas with these constant "CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer" and "NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled". see log in Pastebin.unuyawahet.kodi (paste)
Just now I spotted an error caused by the plugin, and I catched in the attached log. If someone knowledgable can give me a hand where to further look into, highly appreciated.
Just need another pair of eyes ... ...or the developers willing to look into it.
Thanks !
There are many causes, from here we do little
first suggest you to delete advancedsettings file
perform a test bandwidth from nas with some website tool to know the real mbps, if it's low it's useless
if nas perform other operations while you're watching a video, the band gets smaller
could also be a network configuration problem like wrong/bad dns
also Proxy and VPN is cause a lot of problem
if it is connected with wi-fi it might not be a good channel for streaming
(2019-12-20, 21:58)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-20, 18:48)thomas.rehberg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm writing to this forum a bit in desperation, as I'm trying to fix the problem myselfw/o any progress since 3 Months now ...

Thanks !
perform a test bandwidth from nas with some website tool to know the real mbps, if it's low it's useless
if nas perform other operations while you're watching a video, the band gets smaller
Thanks CastagnaIT for your suggestions. In fact I already gave a lot of testing to the network config and performance. The NAS is connected to a brand new mesh network (Nokia Beacon 3). When I, e. g. use the Youtube addon, which is also using DASH, no problems at all, even with full HD.
I have no idea what is bringing down the performance so heavy. CPU is at 40%, RAM at 70% on this J1900 Bay TRail platform, because if DRM causing SW decoding. So resources are not short.
Strange
(2019-12-21, 00:56)thomas.rehberg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-20, 21:58)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks !
Thanks CastagnaIT for your suggestions. In fact I already gave a lot of testing to the network config and performance. The NAS is connected to a brand new mesh network (Nokia Beacon 3). When I, e. g. use the Youtube addon, which is also using DASH, no problems at all, even with full HD.
I have no idea what is bringing down the performance so heavy. CPU is at 40%, RAM at 70% on this J1900 Bay TRail platform, because if DRM causing SW decoding. So resources are not short.
Strange 

youtube 1080P use smaller band because it is self-adaptive on bandwidth
here we still don't have automatic quality transitions based on bandwidth
you can perform a temporary test, directly connecting the NAS with LAN cable on the router, excluding WIFI on NAS, so in this way you can really exclude a possible wifi problem
(2019-12-21, 18:22)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-21, 00:56)thomas.rehberg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-20, 21:58)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]There are many causes, from here we do little
Strange  

youtube 1080P use smaller band because it is self-adaptive on bandwidth
here we still don't have automatic quality transitions based on bandwidth
you can perform a temporary test, directly connecting the NAS with LAN cable on the router, excluding WIFI on NAS, so in this way you can really exclude a possible wifi problem 
This is no network problem. Not only the Youtube stream are working well, on all resolutions and video bitrates (as per vq). 
As my suspicion is the decrypting I installed the nice "video test streams" addon from Matt Huisman.nz repository. Here you can validate all kinds of videostreams, also with Widevine DASH over inputstream.adaptive. NO ISSUE at all.
But I spotted that here I still can use the hw-decoding VAAPI, whilst in the netflix addon it's all SW-decoding. I thought this is mandatory because of the Widevine decoding process ?
Netflix start use left-to-right mark (LRM)  as control character for some subtitles language then ‎ is display on began of each subtitles line. "‎Subtitles Line". What should I change to correct it?
Hi,
sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find the info in this thread.

My Netflix Account (& Kodi) is set to "English", the addon is showing me show titles and episode names in German though.
Is there any way to fix this?

(LibreElec on RPi 4)