Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-01-16, 09:30)LogicalUnit Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I am new to this thread. I have installed LibreELEC 9.2 (which contains Kodi 18.5) to a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, and a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (2GB). I have installed the Netflix v0.16.2 plugin, and I'm watching my streams. Yay!

Unfortunately, the performance of this plugin is slow. The debug overlay says I am getting only 15-25fps, the video is jittery, and the audio is out of sync. Pausing and resuming is also slow. This happens on both the RPi3 and the RPi4. Other H.264 video streams, such as YouTube, Foxtel Now, and Kayo Sports work extremely well.

Here is a link to my main Kodi log: https://paste.kodi.tv/eyafaxatug.kodi

What can I do to improve the performance of this plugin? Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks
Hey LogicalUnit - I am running LE9.2 on an RPI3 as well - plug in installs, I enter my username and password but then get an error - did you do anything special (windevine? or anything like it) to get it running?  It may be a broader issue and possibly a limitation of the Pi itself as youtube videos are searchable but when selecting I get an error, same with Vimeo.  Local library and Plex are fine though....
The RPI devices has a limited power, read here: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...stuttering

(2020-01-30, 21:54)DoctorBR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-30, 20:37)rob_l12 Wrote: [ -> ]Still curious about the changelog though :-)

@rob_l12, I copied the changelog from here:

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...c05cc761f8

By the way, version 0.16.4 on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) is only running movies in 540 SD. About 30 days ago I was able to get 1080p without a problem. What a shame! Sad  

in the past with one user we were able to play videos up to 4K
please open a github issue and post a debug log as described in the github Readme
and also specify if you have a 4K TV
(2020-01-31, 06:19)ajerazzor Wrote: [ -> ]Hey LogicalUnit - I am running LE9.2 on an RPI3 as well - plug in installs, I enter my username and password but then get an error - did you do anything special (windevine? or anything like it) to get it running?  It may be a broader issue and possibly a limitation of the Pi itself as youtube videos are searchable but when selecting I get an error, same with Vimeo.  Local library and Plex are fine though....

On my Raspberry Pi 3B Kodi 18.2 is running this plugin perfectly well on top of full Raspbian. Have you followed the installation instructions?
hello i have a problem, netflix plays videos as mp3 file ?? a solution ??

So I tried the Netflix add-on with my Fire Stick 4k, Kodi 19 and it really doesn’t work at all with Dolby Vision. The best I could do was 1080p/DV occasionally with 4k content, most of the other times it was either a green screen or no HDR at all. HDR10 worked absolutely fine.
@CastagnaIT Hello, when I watch a movie or series on my Android phone, the progress is saved. I can also see which movies and series I have watched. A hook is always set.

But when I watch Netflix on CoreElec Kodi, I don’t see my progress from Android phone.

Are there ways to synchronize this automatically, for example when you start Netflix.

I don’t want to look at everything from scratch. Also, I can’t remember the progress from Android phone and Android TV.
@CastagnaIT : One quick question. Is the hardware acceleration absolutely necessary on the Shield TV? Could the playback work without this feature on this media player? (Tegra X1 or X1+ SoC: 4xARM Cortex A57 + 4xARM Cortex A53 cores and 256 bits Maxwell GPU).
Thanks

EDIT: I think I have found a bug. Some video titles are not properly displayed. See this screenshot:
This movie is called 'Believer', but as you can see, only 2 empty rectangles are shown (maybe due to improper text encoding).
(2020-02-01, 11:25)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]in the past with one user we were able to play videos up to 4K
please open a github issue and post a debug log as described in the github Readme

@CastagnaIT, I will post the debug log later, but I believe the problem with Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) is the lack of space to intrude all 111 characters of her ESN. As a result, the code is incomplete and the Mi Box does not play any content above 540 SD ...

P.S. my TV is 4K, but my account is not. And I use Kodi 18.3 (v18.4 or v18.5 does not allow me to change the position of the subtitles).
Thanks to the discussion in the GitHub, the add-on is working again. Thanks, CastagnaIT!
Hi. I have coreelec, and today I updated it to the latest version based on kodi 18.5. And now I have a problem with netflix, and it doesn't open movies or series. It does not give any type of error, only the loading logo comes out for 1 second and nothing happens. I have uninstalled Netflix, and installed the latest version and the same thing happens to me.

I have streams límited at 720p in Netflix setings and imputstream adaptative. I tried with auto stream, override and a few more options, and always have same error.
How can i fix this?
Hi guys,

Can someone upload this fix for x86 Kodi ? Having issues wih ‎. Thanks in advance.
I have a Zoomtak H8 ( src S905X and 1 gb ram ) android box running CoreELEC 9.2.1 with sow emmc 1gb dtb.img

The box is running perfect and also Netflix plugs work perfect.. i can see all movies and series in 1080p 24 hz   Enabeling VP9 profile's doesn't do much.

But i had to block  4 k streams and set max resolution to 1080p

My raspberry pi 3B can only handle 720..

Also have a Xiaomi mb4 android box ( netflix certified )  and there i can run 4K without problems using this plugin.  <== very cool as the picture in kodi is much better
then in the original netflix plugin...

kind regards.
(2020-02-03, 00:25)Cosmicbase Wrote: [ -> ]@CastagnaIT Hello, when I watch a movie or series on my Android phone, the progress is saved. I can also see which movies and series I have watched. A hook is always set.

But when I watch Netflix on CoreElec Kodi, I don’t see my progress from Android phone.

Are there ways to synchronize this automatically, for example when you start Netflix.

I don’t want to look at everything from scratch. Also, I can’t remember the progress from Android phone and Android TV.
Just read: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...te-or-apps

(2020-02-03, 21:54)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]@CastagnaIT : One quick question. Is the hardware acceleration absolutely necessary on the Shield TV? Could the playback work without this feature on this media player? (Tegra X1 or X1+ SoC: 4xARM Cortex A57 + 4xARM Cortex A53 cores and 256 bits Maxwell GPU).
Thanks

EDIT: I think I have found a bug. Some video titles are not properly displayed. See this screenshot:
This movie is called 'Believer', but as you can see, only 2 empty rectangles are shown (maybe due to improper text encoding).

This is Kodi limits
Currently Kodi doesn't handle all the characters, and it won't do so on Kodi 19.x as well...
You have to try to switch Skin font to Arial, but it is possible that also Arial font do not support all asian fonts

(2020-02-04, 04:26)DoctorBR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-01, 11:25)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]in the past with one user we were able to play videos up to 4K

@CastagnaIT, I will post the debug log later, but I believe the problem with Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) is the lack of space to intrude all 111 characters of her ESN. As a result, the code is incomplete and the Mi Box does not play any content above 540 SD ...

P.S. my TV is 4K, but my account is not. And I use Kodi 18.3 (v18.4 or v18.5 does not allow me to change the position of the subtitles). 

weird thing, please open a github "issue"
(2020-02-06, 11:32)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-03, 21:54)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]@CastagnaIT : One quick question. Is the hardware acceleration absolutely necessary on the Shield TV? Could the playback work without this feature on this media player? (Tegra X1 or X1+ SoC: 4xARM Cortex A57 + 4xARM Cortex A53 cores and 256 bits Maxwell GPU).
Thanks

This is Kodi limits
Currently Kodi doesn't handle all the characters, and it won't do so on Kodi 19.x as well...
You have to try to switch Skin font to Arial, but it is possible that also Arial font do not support all asian fonts 
Switching to Arial did the trick, thanks. What about this?
Quote:One quick question. Is the hardware acceleration absolutely necessary on the Shield TV? Could the playback work without this feature on this media player? (Tegra X1 or X1+ SoC: 4xARM Cortex A57 + 4xARM Cortex A53 cores and 256 bits Maxwell GPU).
(2020-02-06, 15:03)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-06, 11:32)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks

This is Kodi limits
Switching to Arial did the trick, thanks. What about this?
Quote:One quick question. Is the hardware acceleration absolutely necessary on the Shield TV? Could the playback work without this feature on this media player? (Tegra X1 or X1+ SoC: 4xARM Cortex A57 + 4xARM Cortex A53 cores and 256 bits Maxwell GPU).

hardware acceleration is necessary to correct process the video stream
if you want to keep it disabled, but why??
at least as far as i know the MediaCodec hardware acceleration (surface) is mandatory keep it enabled