Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nevermind, got it working.
(2020-05-10, 13:49)lakiii Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. After manually entering esn goes 1920X1080 on Mibox S [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
How you do it, cause i'm have entering ESN manual via setting & edit settings.xml data , seem both doesn't work , cc @CastagnaIT
Try this settings

ImageImage
I've never had a problem with the Netflix plugin. I have always been very happy with it and I am grateful to be able to enjoy it on my Odroid N2 with Coreelec.
But, from a time (I could not say when exactly) to today, the sound is not heard and I see the message without an audio source in the menu. What could be the problem?
I just stumbled upon this great addon! I spent some time setting it up the way I want and it's nicely integrated into my Kodi library.
However, playback is not really great.. The picture is crystal clear but more often than not it's slowing down and the picture is getting out of sync with the audio. I've looked at the wiki on github and tweaked some settings accordingly but playback still is really lagging.
I'm running Kodi on libreelec on a Raspberry Pi 3B+, perhaps someone can help me out by suggesting some possible changes in settings? Would be grately appreciated! Smile
(2020-05-13, 19:09)Orbeatle Wrote: [ -> ]I just stumbled upon this great addon! I spent some time setting it up the way I want and it's nicely integrated into my Kodi library.
However, playback is not really great.. The picture is crystal clear but more often than not it's slowing down and the picture is getting out of sync with the audio. I've looked at the wiki on github and tweaked some settings accordingly but playback still is really lagging.
I'm running Kodi on libreelec on a Raspberry Pi 3B+, perhaps someone can help me out by suggesting some possible changes in settings? Would be grately appreciated! Smile

On my Raspberry Pi 3B I get the same behaviour if I do not restrict resolution to 720p.

The Raspberry Pi and some other platforms use software decoding.
(2020-05-13, 20:22)fvisagie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-13, 19:09)Orbeatle Wrote: [ -> ]I just stumbled upon this great addon! I spent some time setting it up the way I want and it's nicely integrated into my Kodi library.

On my Raspberry Pi 3B I get the same behaviour if I do not restrict resolution to 720p.

The Raspberry Pi and some other platforms use software decoding.  

So there's no chance of improving the performance without limiting to 720p?
(2020-05-09, 18:01)Facakente Wrote: [ -> ]When playing some 4K/ dv titles , Kodi detects dv but then changes frame rate from 4K to 1080p, still playing with DV signal though for Example Irishman , then there is the case where it detects 4K/ dv at the beginning but after couple of secs it loses hdr/DV signal , for example lost in space show. I am running latest version of kodi leia stable in a firestick 4K, profiles dv are enabled in the addon. Can someone advise ?
Thanks,

Any feedback ?
(2020-05-13, 20:28)Orbeatle Wrote: [ -> ]So there's no chance of improving the performance without limiting to 720p?

Not to my knowledge, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong ;-).

You could also play with the amount of GPU RAM allocated and *Mod edit: URL removed* but in my case I saw no significant improvement.
Never managed to do bearable 1080p Netflix on my pi3b+ either. Since there's no Widevine L3 so no hardware acceleration I don't think there's any chance for that.
(2020-05-13, 21:59)fvisagie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-13, 20:28)Orbeatle Wrote: [ -> ]So there's no chance of improving the performance without limiting to 720p?

Not to my knowledge, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong ;-).

You could also play with the amount of GPU RAM allocated and *Mod edit: URL removed* but in my case I saw no significant improvement. 

Well if it didn't work for you then why should it work here, right Wink.
I've switched back to 720p and, indeed, works flawlessly now.. But that's not really what I want so I think I'll just stick with the default Netflix app on my TV. Bummer!
New release 1.3.0 is out

three relevant notes:
- Fixed DolbyVision (signal loss and wrong colors) also on Firestick 4k
- Who uses an RPI device, you will have to re-enter the credentials (an issue has been fixed)
- Fixed some issues with the Sync with Kodi Library (cases of seasons not updated and sync not performed)
The first time I open the Netflix add-on after a fresh install I'm able to login just fine but can't play any content. (error:"Entity used incorrect entity authentication data type").
When I close Kodi and re-open it I can't even access the add-on as "Background services do not start due to the following error: Entity used incorrect entity authentication data type".
Log: egesiboxud (paste)
Hope you can help me.
(2020-05-17, 15:39)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]New release 1.3.0 is out

three relevant notes:
- Fixed DolbyVision (signal loss and wrong colors) also on Firestick 4k
- Who uses an RPI device, you will have to re-enter the credentials (an issue has been fixed)
- Fixed some issues with the Sync with Kodi Library (cases of seasons not updated and sync not performed)
Thank you very much for your Netflix add-on support.

My wife is Russian and I prefer watching with Turkish subtitles.
I can't upload subtitles with .ass extension from a different drive, this is really a big problem for me. If you know this problem, I would be very thankful.
Hi CastagnaIT ,
RPI 3 KODI 18.6
Regional Hungarian
Yesterday the 1.22 version Worked fine yet.
Today Updated fine version 1.3
Login was success .
for my saved list i get unicode error.
ERROR: [plugin.video.netflix (0)] IPC callback raised exception: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)
uninstall , reinstall but the same

thanks any help