Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok So Kodi Netflix is working again....after I updated to 0.15.10. Confused

A few days ago I updated to 0.15.10 from 0.14.6 when it stopped working - but still was getting "check your credentials" error message so I re-installed 0.14.6 since that was working perfectly for me.  I then saw here the various comments about Netflix making changes and the fact that the Windows 10 Netflix app stopped working as well made sense.  I was able to update the Netflix app and it started working again but I hate the auto-play intros among other things so I as soon as I read that a new version of plugin was available I updated.  It worked!  Imagine my surprise when I checked what version it updated to - 0.15.10!  I probably have a very old version of CastagnaIT's plugin repo that needs to be updated (repository.castagnait v1.0.0) because it doesn't show any versions higher than 0.15.10.  Who cares, plugin is working perfectly again, I even rebooted my PC to make sure it wasn't a fluke, was watching several titles yesterday, no issues.  Yes, some titles are SD and any HD titles are SW rendered.  If I want 1080P HW playback I can use the app.  No thanks, I prefer the playback experience the plugin offers despite some of the limitations.

However if I am able to use 0.15.10 then the problem was never the plugin itself but Netflix, probably some back-end changes they made or had some problems that were fixed over the weekend.

My platform:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 [Version 10.0.18362.207]
Kodi 18.3 Leia 18.3 Git:20190619-89472b7d69
inputstream.adaptive v2.3.22
Anyone else experiencing that the library is no longer kept in sync with my list?
(2020-06-07, 19:18)dormamu Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else experiencing that the library is no longer kept in sync with my list?

Yes could happen when you have multiple profiles, another user have found the error,
try update with the last DailyBuild look at github readme
Any news on a working Netflix, inputstream adaptive and Helper for Kodi 19 Matrix?

getting error:

message "input stream helper"  is function missing required argument line 1 (pos 2)
Hi,

on my PI 4 i got max resolution in 540 SD. (before i had 1080p)

What can i do ?
(2020-06-11, 10:24)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

What can i do ?

Hi @CastagnaIT,

can confirm the issue mentioned above.
Same problem again, as already described in Post #2,313.

InputStream Adaptive was updated automatically to V2.4.5.1 yesterday (still on CE 9.2.2).
Is it a possible cause for the problem? Or is this issue caused by Netflix servers again?

Still using Odroid N2, meanwhile running CoreELEC 9.2.3 on it.
Noticed the issue still on 9.2.2, but the problem was not solved after updating to 9.2.3.
Netflix Addon version is 1.4.0.

Hopefully, they do not restrict Odroid and of course RPi users to 540p permanently, just like Amazon did.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, once again.
firest0rm
(2020-06-11, 12:41)firest0rm Wrote: [ -> ]

What can i do ?

Hi @CastagnaIT,

InputStream Adaptive was updated automatically to V2.4.5.1 yesterday (still on CE 9.2.2).
Is it a possible cause for the problem? Or is this issue caused by Netflix servers again?

Noticed the issue still on 9.2.2, but the problem was not solved after updating to 9.2.3.

Hopefully, they do not restrict Odroid and of course RPi users to 540p permanently, just like Amazon did.

firest0rm

The problem has already been extensively tested and is a problem that does not concern the add-on but come from external factors
you can try reinstall widevine from ISHelper options
i can not give other help
(2020-06-11, 17:28)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-11, 12:41)firest0rm Wrote: [ -> ]

What can i do ?

Hi @CastagnaIT,

firest0rm

The problem has already been extensively tested and is a problem that does not concern the add-on but come from external factors
you can try reinstall widevine from ISHelper options
i can not give other help
What a pity.
I have reinstalled widevine a few moments ago, but it had no impact. Still doesn't work.
Seems, that I now have to wait and hope, that this problem once again will disappear automatically.

Thanks for your response. Have a nice day.
same by me .. i have reinstalled but still 540 SD.

Disney+ addon works fine 720p.

I have no idea Sad
All of a sudden Netflix does not work and is giving this error notice.

The add-on encountered the following error.
Exception: HTTPError

Is there anything to be done at the moment or should we wait for a fix?
Following on from my post above I have just tried the in-built app on my LG TV and Netflix is working fine.

EDIT: Sorry, folks, back working on Kodi now.
SD on my osmc Vero 4k+. I'll refrain from doing any changes and tests so that I can report when/if Netflix returns things to normal. I expect they're"messing" up things on their side again or decided to enforce DRM further.

Edit: I've asked this before but I'll give it another shot. Are VP9 and HEVC Profile options mutually exclusive for some reason? I mean I can turn both on but only by editing the settings.xml does this happen to everyone or is it just me?
So pity that this nice addon is not useful any longer in the PI 4... Sad
Patience, last time it started working again after a few days, there's worse things that can happen.
Anyone else start experience slight stuttering since the latest update? It's similar to the stuttering I get when the frame rate and my TVs refresh rate don't match. I checked to make sure and that's not it.