Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-10-02, 12:01)kos25k Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.Today when i opened Netflix,a new popup message appeared as usual to update widevine image.I successfuly installed,but now when i press play a movie,just nothing happens.Can anyone guide me please to where to refer?I use latest coreelec stable on my Vorke Z6 android box.

To solve this go back to older Widevine build - in InputStream Helper addon choose Restore Widevine CDM library.
Next time an update to Widevine is offered select - Cancel. I update Widevine only when old version stops working.
To solve this go back to older Widevine build - in InputStream Helper addon choose Restore Widevine CDM library.
Next time an update to Widevine is offered select - Cancel. I update Widevine only when old version stops working.
[/quote]
Really thanks bro!!!
(2020-10-02, 12:27)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 12:01)kos25k Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.Today when i opened Netflix,a new popup message appeared as usual to update widevine image.I successfuly installed,but now when i press play a movie,just nothing happens.Can anyone guide me please to where to refer?I use latest coreelec stable on my Vorke Z6 android box.

Hello. I have the same issue with latest Widevine. I did a fresh install of CoreElec and therefore I don't have the option to downgrade Widevine. So I tried Netflix add-on version 1.9.2, 1.9.1 and even 1.8, but all with the same behaviour: When trying to start a movie, the circle is loading but then stops and nothing happens.
(2020-10-02, 15:03)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 12:27)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]

Hello. I have the same issue with latest Widevine. I did a fresh install of CoreElec and therefore I don't have the option to downgrade Widevine. So I tried Netflix add-on version 1.9.2, 1.9.1 and even 1.8, but all with the same behaviour: When trying to start a movie, the circle is loading but then stops and nothing happens.

Do you know where your "libwidevinecdm.so" file resides in your installation? If so, I can send you, later when I get home, the older working version to replace the newest one.
(2020-10-02, 15:09)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 15:03)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 12:27)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]To solve this go back to older Widevine build - in InputStream Helper addon choose Restore Widevine CDM library.

Do you know where your "libwidevinecdm.so" file resides in your installation? If so, I can send you, later when I get home, the older working version to replace the newest one.

Many thanks for your help! Not sure, have to check that, as I am quite new to Kodi. Probably it is under storage/.kodi/cdm.
(2020-10-02, 15:23)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 15:09)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 15:03)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I have the same issue with latest Widevine. I did a fresh install of CoreElec and therefore I don't have the option to downgrade Widevine. So I tried Netflix add-on version 1.9.2, 1.9.1 and even 1.8, but all with the same behaviour: When trying to start a movie, the circle is loading but then stops and nothing happens.

Many thanks for your help! Not sure, have to check that, as I am quite new to Kodi. Probably it is under storage/.kodi/cdm.

That is the place where it is place on my CoreElec installation. Here are my 2 versions in a zip file - working one that I use and the older one.
thanks!!so both these 2 files work ok?Can u remind us please the location folder?
(2020-10-02, 15:27)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 15:23)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 15:09)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know where your "libwidevinecdm.so" file resides in your installation? If so, I can send you, later when I get home, the older working version to replace the newest one.

That is the place where it is place on my CoreElec installation. Here are my 2 versions in a zip file - working one that I use and the older one.

Thank you very, very much for your fast help. Both files are working, just mine was somehow broken.
(2020-10-02, 15:35)kos25k Wrote: [ -> ]thanks!!so both these 2 files work ok?Can u remind us please the location folder?

Don't know if "libwidevinecdm.so.old" works, since I use "libwidevinecdm.so" which works for me.
The path for these files on my CoreElec/Kodi installation is storage/.kodi/CDM/
(2020-10-02, 17:26)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 15:35)kos25k Wrote: [ -> ]thanks!!so both these 2 files work ok?Can u remind us please the location folder?

Don't know if "libwidevinecdm.so.old" works, since I use "libwidevinecdm.so" which works for me.

..the old one works as well, but I am using your other version. The only thing is, that Netflix is lagging, feels like it is skipping frames. I have Netflix version 1.10 now, there was an update today.. In other streaming apps I have no problem.
(2020-10-02, 22:42)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]

..the old one works as well, but I am using your other version. The only thing is, that Netflix is lagging, feels like it is skipping frames. I have Netflix version 1.10 now, there was an update today.. In other streaming apps I have no problem.

Don't know why it's lagging for you. I'm running NF addon v.1.8.0 on my Odroid N2 CoreElec/Kodi and it works OK for me on all 1080p streams. Never updated to newer NF versions because did not really need them...
Do your other streaming apps also run by "InputStream Adaptive" and are software decoded?
(2020-10-03, 00:21)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 17:26)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if "libwidevinecdm.so.old" works, since I use "libwidevinecdm.so" which works for me.

Don't know why it's lagging for you. I'm running NF addon v.1.8.0 on my Odroid N2 CoreElec/Kodi and it works OK for me on all 1080p streams. Never updated to newer NF versions because did not really need them...
Do your other streaming apps also run by "InputStream Adaptive" and are software decoded?

It is fine now. Just copied advancedsettings.xml from this page here and used a LAN cable instead of data connection via WiFi.

Link:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/s905x3-...onfig/8670

Many thanks.
(2020-10-03, 10:24)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-03, 00:21)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-02, 22:42)ChangeToTower Wrote: [ -> ]..the old one works as well, but I am using your other version. The only thing is, that Netflix is lagging, feels like it is skipping frames. I have Netflix version 1.10 now, there was an update today.. In other streaming apps I have no problem.

It is fine now. Just copied advancedsettings.xml from this page here and used a LAN cable instead of data connection via WiFi.

Link:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/s905x3-...onfig/8670

Many thanks.

..well ok, actually now the video is quite smooth, but not in order with the audio. Video is lagging behind the audio. How could that be? Anyone an idea?

The other streaming apps use hw acceleration to decode video. NetFlix addon is not allowed to do that and has to decode the video using cpu. So if there is a lag between audio and video it means the cpu is struggling, and the only option you have is to drop the resolution to 720p in inputstream adaptive settings.
On lower powered devices i too limit to 720p because of sw decoding.
To avoid limiting other addons that use IA and can use hw decoding, do it in Netflix addon expert settings Wink