Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-10-30, 18:23)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-29, 10:50)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-11, 09:41)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if others have the issue I'm having.
small image lags, maybe half a second, once every few minutes.
Nvidia shield, watching in Atmos+UHD.
It started a few months ago. Is there a new version from the last few months that address that or is it just me?
This is still happening. I may found a way to reduce the lags, @CastagnaIT let me know if it make sense.
I disabled the options to sync watch status with Netflix and also the library sync. I still have lags but seems much less.
Are there other services that reach out to Netflix while watching? just a theory but maybe that what causes the lags. (unless I'm the only one having them)

> I disabled the options to sync watch status with Netflix

this might help if you have a low-end device or a slow cpu

> and also the library sync.

this does not affect anything, there is no process running
the process will be activated when the update starts only (scheduled time)
when you set to Disable only disable the context menus in the items of video lists

> Are there other services that reach out to Netflix while watching?

all addons/scripts plugins that manage videos could create threads that are "passively" active
so receive/process information while watching your videos (of other addons) without you being aware
you should try also disable all other enabled addons
I found the issue.
some time ago I added some netflix titles to my list, and "export" them to library.
They didnt appear at the library no matter what I tried.
I saw now in the event log of kodi, that every 3 minutes there is an event "update video library" with those strm in it.
that, combined with the addon "auto update library" caused the stutters. 
Once I disabled this addon, it was fixed. (but I still had those events, probably its from the netflix addon)
I now removed those titles from my list.
Just for your information.
(2020-11-02, 20:10)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-30, 18:23)CastagnaIT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-29, 10:50)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]This is still happening. I may found a way to reduce the lags, @CastagnaIT let me know if it make sense.
I disabled the options to sync watch status with Netflix and also the library sync. I still have lags but seems much less.
Are there other services that reach out to Netflix while watching? just a theory but maybe that what causes the lags. (unless I'm the only one having them)

> I disabled the options to sync watch status with Netflix

this might help if you have a low-end device or a slow cpu

> and also the library sync.

this does not affect anything, there is no process running
the process will be activated when the update starts only (scheduled time)
when you set to Disable only disable the context menus in the items of video lists

> Are there other services that reach out to Netflix while watching?

all addons/scripts plugins that manage videos could create threads that are "passively" active
so receive/process information while watching your videos (of other addons) without you being aware
you should try also disable all other enabled addons
I found the issue.
some time ago I added some netflix titles to my list, and "export" them to library.
They didnt appear at the library no matter what I tried.
I saw now in the event log of kodi, that every 3 minutes there is an event "update video library" with those strm in it.
that, combined with the addon "auto update library" caused the stutters. 
Once I disabled this addon, it was fixed. (but I still had those events, probably its from the netflix addon)
I now removed those titles from my list.
Just for your information.

library clean or scan (update) is a heavy operation for the device when the library contains many elements
setting this function every 3 minutes is unsuitable
it doesn't make much sense to keep the cpu busy often

the problems of some exported titles not appears in kodi library is due to the screaper did not recognize the titles
is explained here, Enable NFO files export setting:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...les-export

can you give me a link of this addon "auto update library"? or menu steps to install it from repository?
the thing is, the addon is set to update every 1 hour and also not to run when in playback, so not sure why its causing it. 
The events  I saw wasn't from the auto update addon, because I got the same events after disabling the addon.
I think its a combination of the netflix addon scraping titles and the auto update addon. but not sure.

This is the addon, I think its in the native kodi repo
https://kodi.tv/addon/program-add-ons-sc...uto-update
(2019-02-20, 19:26)Setzer1994 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I tried a fresh install of both Kodi and the netflix addon but still having the same issue.  Root / invalid path error.  Here's another log, any help would be greatly appreciated!
eheyicacoj.kodi (paste)
Hello I know it is a very long time for you to have this error, but i tried searching the thread for a solution and am unable to find one. I have the same isue with the invalid path thing. Did you fix it somehow ? And if you did, could you tell me how? I can see it is just in some skins that the rror pops up, and other skins seem fine.

Thanks in advance.
Has something changed on the Netflix side regarding audio languages?

I have always had my Kodi audio language set to "Media default" and this now results in German being selected instead of English (tested with Star Trek Discovery season 3).

I have also tried to set it to "Original language" but that still gives me German audio.

Only choosing "English" in Kodi settings gives me English audio, but I don't really want to use this, because this means that shows that are originally in other languages such as Dutch or Spanish also get the English dubbed track.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using Kodi Matrix Alpha 3 using the Netflix addon from the Matrix repository.
My kodi just keeps spinning when I try to play video from Netflix now. Took a short weekend trip and came back to it. V19 and even tried the 1031 netflix build. Anyone else?
(2020-11-03, 16:33)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is, the addon is set to update every 1 hour and also not to run when in playback, so not sure why its causing it. 
The events  I saw wasn't from the auto update addon, because I got the same events after disabling the addon.
I think its a combination of the netflix addon scraping titles and the auto update addon. but not sure.

This is the addon, I think its in the native kodi repo
https://kodi.tv/addon/program-add-ons-sc...uto-update

well its not because of this addon. after a few days where its deactivated, I still get the stutters every few minutes.
drives me crazy Sad
local videos and also Amazon VOD addon are working flawlessly by the way.
(2020-11-09, 12:41)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]well its not because of this addon. after a few days where its deactivated, I still get the stutters every few minutes.
drives me crazy Sad

Did you look into wsnipex's suggestion quoted below?  https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/V...fresh_rate

(2020-10-29, 13:56)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]there is a known issue with some devices (particularly the Amazon Fire TV 4k) where enabling auto refresh rate switching in kodi leads this stuttering in netflix content.
This shouldn't happen on the shield, but it might be worth to try disabling refresh rate switching in kodi settings.
Hi there, 
I'm trying to install your addon on a raspberry pi and it keeps giving the Login error.
I tried doing NFAuth on linux and it keeps saying :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NFAuthenticationKey.py", line 20, in <module>
    import websocket  # pip install websocket-client
ImportError: No module named websocket

I have websocket already installed and all.

Then I tried on a windows PC and it keeps giving me:

Bad JSON escape sequence \P. Path 'chromeExePath', line 5, position 24.

Any ideas how I can solve this?
(2020-11-09, 14:12)wagnerch42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-09, 12:41)orenmi Wrote: [ -> ]well its not because of this addon. after a few days where its deactivated, I still get the stutters every few minutes.
drives me crazy Sad

Did you look into wsnipex's suggestion quoted below?  https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/V...fresh_rate

(2020-10-29, 13:56)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]there is a known issue with some devices (particularly the Amazon Fire TV 4k) where enabling auto refresh rate switching in kodi leads this stuttering in netflix content.
This shouldn't happen on the shield, but it might be worth to try disabling refresh rate switching in kodi settings.

yes, forgot to mention. It didnt help.
Swedish translation for Netflix Add-on v1.11.0 2020-11-14
Save text as filename: strings.po

https://paste.kodi.tv/obabehapuk.kodi
(2020-11-11, 17:41)jotakswe Wrote: [ -> ]Swedish translation for Netflix Add-on v1.11.0 2020-11-14

https://paste.kodi.tv/obabehapuk.kodi

Select "Just Text". (control + shift + r)
Right-click, select "Save page as ...)
(2020-11-07, 11:57)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]I have always had my Kodi audio language set to "Media default" and this now results in German being selected instead of English (tested with Star Trek Discovery season 3).

I have also tried to set it to "Original language" but that still gives me German audio.

Only choosing "English" in Kodi settings gives me English audio, but I don't really want to use this, because this means that shows that are originally in other languages such as Dutch or Spanish also get the English dubbed track.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using Kodi Matrix Alpha 3 using the Netflix addon from the Matrix repository.
Hi, I've got the same problem. Netflix often (not always) starts with the german audio track instead of the original (mostly english) one. I'm using Kodi 18.8.

I've also the problem that the highest resolution the Netflix addon offers is 960x540. That's not even 720p. Is it possible to get this up to 1080p or does the addon not support this?
(2020-11-13, 18:51)pa79 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-07, 11:57)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]I have always had my Kodi audio language set to "Media default" and this now results in German being selected instead of English (tested with Star Trek Discovery season 3).

Hi, I've got the same problem. Netflix often (not always) starts with the german audio track instead of the original (mostly english) one. I'm using Kodi 18.8.

I've also the problem that the highest resolution the Netflix addon offers is 960x540. That's not even 720p. Is it possible to get this up to 1080p or does the addon not support this?
 In the expert section of the settings open the input adaptive settings and set resolution at max. Also enable the hdr and dolby setting in the main expert section. I also set the top setting in adaptive settings (forget what it's called) to 10, I changed that number because of another addon that required it, so not sure if it's necessary or not.
Every once in awhile, with version 19 daily builds, I get an Input Adaptive is disabled type error. I "enable" it as the add-on suggest and then get hit with a prompt to install Widevine (which fails). This is a Win 64bit install(s). Is there a process to work around this or a known level of v19 that works with a known version (latest hopefully) of this addon? Thanks!