Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone explain to me how the "Remember audio / subtitle preferences" setting is ment to work?
I have set the preferred subtitle language in Kodi to Norwegian, and audio language to "Media default". But the Netflix-addon seems to partly ignore that.

• If forced subtitles exists, then that will be activated instead of your preferred language. This forced subtitle language could be in German or any other language you dont understand. Kodi/Netflix-addon doesnt care.
    Example: Dark (TV-series).
  • If I play a movie (and there is no forced subtitles in the subtitles list), no subtitle will be activated. The Norwegian subtitle is in the list, but never activated by default. I must allways activate it manually.
  • If I play an episode of a TV-series I havent seen before: Same as above.
  • If I play an episode of a TV-series I have seen before (i.e. the next episode): Norwegian subtitle is remembered and automatically enabled as expected. Unless a forced subtitle exists of course.
  • If the content I am playing is dubbed to Norwegian, then that audio track is selected over the original audio.
    Example: Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga.
    This could be due to the "Media default"-preference. I have now changed it to "Original language", but it is not tested (as thr movies I watch rarely are dubbed to Norwegian). I also have "Prefer default audio streams" checked in Kodi btw. Not sure if this also must be unchecked in order to get the original audio.
What am I not understanding here? The Disney+ addon seems to do this just fine.

I am running Kodi 18.8 on Kodibuntu 16.04.6 LTS, with version 1.12.3 of the Netflix-addon installed.

By the way: I also cannot do a search without getting a "SQLite error no such table: search"-error.
My best guess is that a table "search" is missing (due to error in update process?), or a bug (code ment for Kodi 19 or something?).
is it normal that i have to use the authentication key method every few days or am i doing something wrong? ive installed the addon on both PC and Firestick on both 18.9 and matrix and still get logged out.
Hi guys,

Just updated to the stable Matrix official release and switched over to the Matrix repo and installed the add-on.

I am getting an error that says:

2021-02-27 23:23:58.277 T:11288   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'configparser'

Am I doing something wrong? The issue appears on all versions from 1.13.1 and up.
(2021-02-27, 12:38)Airw0lf_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Just updated to the stable Matrix official release and switched over to the Matrix repo and installed the add-on.

I am getting an error that says:

2021-02-27 23:23:58.277 T:11288   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'configparser'

Am I doing something wrong? The issue appears on all versions from 1.13.1 and up.
So I managed to fix the issue by doing a clean reinstall of Kodi - something really weird must have gone down in the upgrade process!
My Kodi has updated to matrix since I last logged in and now this Add-on doesn’t work. Even when I try downloading the new version for the repo, it says script.module.addon.signals is noT available
(2021-03-01, 23:43)Nsx2050 Wrote: [ -> ]My Kodi has updated to matrix since I last logged in and now this Add-on doesn’t work. Even when I try downloading the new version for the repo, it says script.module.addon.signals is noT available
 Kodi 18 to 19 upgrade is not smooth as it leaves lot of old python2 modules in disabled state.Your best bet is to start fresh install of 19 and Netflix certainly works fine on Matrix
(2021-03-02, 06:28)gujal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 23:43)Nsx2050 Wrote: [ -> ]My Kodi has updated to matrix since I last logged in and now this Add-on doesn’t work. Even when I try downloading the new version for the repo, it says script.module.addon.signals is noT available
 Kodi 18 to 19 upgrade is not smooth as it leaves lot of old python2 modules in disabled state.Your best bet is to start fresh install of 19 and Netflix certainly works fine on Matrix

Thank you
My NetFlix AddOn (and Disney+) has stopped working on Kodi Leia 18.9 after a reboot
This appears to be because of a problem with InputStream.Adaptive, which now says it is "incompatible with this version of Kodi"
I think, InputStream.adaptive has auto-upgraded to version 2.6.7.
InputStream Helper is v0.5.2 and I'm running Kodi 18.9 on Ubuntu 18.04 (x86)

Which is the correct version of InputStream.Adaptive that I should have installed?

At the moment I don't want to update to 19.0 Matrix as I will do a fresh install (including upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04) and that's a significant task I don't have time for.

thanks
(2021-02-25, 02:21)boirello Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone explain to me how the "Remember audio / subtitle preferences" setting is ment to work?
I have set the preferred subtitle language in Kodi to Norwegian, and audio language to "Media default". But the Netflix-addon seems to partly ignore that.

• If forced subtitles exists, then that will be activated instead of your preferred language. This forced subtitle language could be in German or any other language you dont understand. Kodi/Netflix-addon doesnt care.
    Example: Dark (TV-series).
  • If I play a movie (and there is no forced subtitles in the subtitles list), no subtitle will be activated. The Norwegian subtitle is in the list, but never activated by default. I must allways activate it manually.
  • If I play an episode of a TV-series I havent seen before: Same as above.
  • If I play an episode of a TV-series I have seen before (i.e. the next episode): Norwegian subtitle is remembered and automatically enabled as expected. Unless a forced subtitle exists of course.
  • If the content I am playing is dubbed to Norwegian, then that audio track is selected over the original audio.
    Example: Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga.
    This could be due to the "Media default"-preference. I have now changed it to "Original language", but it is not tested (as thr movies I watch rarely are dubbed to Norwegian). I also have "Prefer default audio streams" checked in Kodi btw. Not sure if this also must be unchecked in order to get the original audio.
What am I not understanding here? The Disney+ addon seems to do this just fine.

I am running Kodi 18.8 on Kodibuntu 16.04.6 LTS, with version 1.12.3 of the Netflix-addon installed.

By the way: I also cannot do a search without getting a "SQLite error no such table: search"-error.
My best guess is that a table "search" is missing (due to error in update process?), or a bug (code ment for Kodi 19 or something?).

Kodi setting "Prefer default audio streams" must be enabled, otherwise if you enable some addon features for audio/subtitles lang will not works correctly

"Remember audio / subtitle preferences"
mainly remember only the selected audio/subtitles preferences between tvshow seasons/episodes, if they are manually changed on playing

If you set "Media default" to Kodi audio language setting, make the addon to select the audio lang of your selected netflix profile

If you set "Original language" to Kodi audio language setting, make the addon to select the audio with which the video was produced (so original language)

If you have set Kodi subtitle language setting to a language e.g. "Norwegian":
kodi will always select the normal subtitle instead of the forced subtitle

If you have set Kodi subtitle language setting to e.g. "Forced only":
kodi will always select only the forced subtitle,
but in some cases where a video not have the forced track in your language kodi will select the original subtitle language track,
this is a nuisance of Kodi and not depend from add-on,
to fix this wrong behaviour the addon provide "Force the display of forced subtitles only with the audio language set"

if you have enabled on the addon "Always show the subtitles when the preferred audio language is not available" setting then suggest you to disable it

> I also cannot do a search without getting a "SQLite error no such table: search"-error

this is a old bug fowarded by your old version, means you have updated the addon from a very old version,
the only way is completely uninstall the addon by deleting his data when will be prompt, and reinstall it from scratch
Dear all!
Everything is ok but when i try to watch something I have an error message (since I installed the Kodi Matrix version) :
MSLERROR: this title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title.
To try to solve this problem you can force "Widevine L3" from the add-on Expert Settings"

Can you help me please?

Thanks
Alistair
(2021-03-03, 14:23)PaulCarter Wrote: [ -> ]My NetFlix AddOn (and Disney+) has stopped working on Kodi Leia 18.9 after a reboot
This appears to be because of a problem with InputStream.Adaptive, which now says it is "incompatible with this version of Kodi"
I think, InputStream.adaptive has auto-upgraded to version 2.6.7.
InputStream Helper is v0.5.2 and I'm running Kodi 18.9 on Ubuntu 18.04 (x86)

Which is the correct version of InputStream.Adaptive that I should have installed?

At the moment I don't want to update to 19.0 Matrix as I will do a fresh install (including upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04) and that's a significant task I don't have time for.

thanks
You need to remove the stable ppa and add the old ppa
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi*
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
This will bring back Kodi 18.9 and Inputstream Adaptive 2.4.6
(2021-02-25, 02:21)boirello Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone explain to me how the "Remember audio / subtitle preferences" setting is ment to work?

I wish I knew. I have subtitles disabled "everywhere", but sometimes Netflix/Kodi/the add-on will decide that that's not acceptable and display them anyway.
kodi updated itself to 19 and I lost everything. Netflix addon, Amazon addon, Bingie skin.
all those are not compatible and their repositories are empty. I made a clean 19 install and still no go.
How can I install?
@CastagnaIT: Thanks for replying to my post regarding subtitle behaviour.

No matter what I did, I just could not make the addon enable Norwegian subtitle by default, so I had to take a look in the source code. And as I suspected, the problem seems to be the language code. A norwegian subtitle can be marked with language code "no" (Norwegian), "nb" (Norwegian Bokmål) or "nn" (Norwegian Nynorsk). The "no" code implicit means "nb", it is the same. And the "nn" code is probably not used by any international streaming providers.

Netflix is using "nb" (did not find any usage of "no" in my short, limited debugging test), but I guess the "no" code could appear. And also I think Disney+ is using "no". I could change Kodi's "Preferred subtitle language" back and forth between "Norwegian" and "Norwegian Bokmål", but that is not very user friendly.

So instead, I changed the code in kodi_ops.py, method fix_locale_languages, to call a new method:
python:

def _fix_norwegian(data_list):
    kodi_subtitle_lang = get_kodi_subtitle_language()
    if kodi_subtitle_lang in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
        for item in data_list:
            if item.get('isNoneTrack', False):
                continue
            if item['language'] in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
                item['language'] = kodi_subtitle_lang

This way, the norwegian tracks is changed to the same language code as the preferred subtitle language is set to, regardless it is "Norwegian", "Norwegian Bokmål" or "Norwegian Nynorsk", and thus: The subtitle track gets enabled by default.

This is not perfect since fix_locale_languages is used for audio tracks too, and _fix_norwegian only checks Kodi's subtitle setting. But I dont know if there is a better/more elegant way to solve this, I am open for suggestions.
(2021-03-05, 03:27)boirello Wrote: [ -> ]@CastagnaIT: Thanks for replying to my post regarding subtitle behaviour.

No matter what I did, I just could not make the addon enable Norwegian subtitle by default, so I had to take a look in the source code. And as I suspected, the problem seems to be the language code. A norwegian subtitle can be marked with language code "no" (Norwegian), "nb" (Norwegian Bokmål) or "nn" (Norwegian Nynorsk). The "no" code implicit means "nb", it is the same. And the "nn" code is probably not used by any international streaming providers.

Netflix is using "nb" (did not find any usage of "no" in my short, limited debugging test), but I guess the "no" code could appear. And also I think Disney+ is using "no". I could change Kodi's "Preferred subtitle language" back and forth between "Norwegian" and "Norwegian Bokmål", but that is not very user friendly.

So instead, I changed the code in kodi_ops.py, method fix_locale_languages, to call a new method:
python:

def _fix_norwegian(data_list):
    kodi_subtitle_lang = get_kodi_subtitle_language()
    if kodi_subtitle_lang in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
        for item in data_list:
            if item.get('isNoneTrack', False):
                continue
            if item['language'] in ["no", "nb", "nn"]:
                item['language'] = kodi_subtitle_lang

This way, the norwegian tracks is changed to the same language code as the preferred subtitle language is set to, regardless it is "Norwegian", "Norwegian Bokmål" or "Norwegian Nynorsk", and thus: The subtitle track gets enabled by default.

This is not perfect since fix_locale_languages is used for audio tracks too, and _fix_norwegian only checks Kodi's subtitle setting. But I dont know if there is a better/more elegant way to solve this, I am open for suggestions.
I am not completely sure about this solution,
please open a github Issue where the situation can be tracked and discussed
and attach on the Issue post also an manifest.json after playback a video (the file is in addon user data folder)