Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-03-03, 22:32)gujal Wrote: [ -> ] 
You need to remove the stable ppa and add the old ppa
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi*
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
This will bring back Kodi 18.9 and Inputstream Adaptive 2.4.6
Brilliant - thanks.
Just FTR - my kodi was still on 18.9 so I only had to do the following:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi-inputstream-adaptive
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
I’m using this on a shield pro 2019 and it is buffering heavily for me. Yesterday I was able to watch 90 minutes of a movie fine, and after that it would buffer every few seconds. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you
its hard to know. I had some stuttering and buffering in the past after months of using the addon.
Tried many settings changes, removing other addons etc. 
Only after reinstalling everything it was fixed.
Before I go through the process only to confirm this - am I right to think that this add-on (and the one for Amazon Prime that also uses inputstream) won't work on the Xbox Series? If so, is there any likelihood of it ever working in the future, or is it simply impossible?

Thanks.
(2021-03-10, 18:40)Donkeyfumbler Wrote: [ -> ]Before I go through the process only to confirm this - am I right to think that this add-on (and the one for Amazon Prime that also uses inputstream) won't work on the Xbox Series? If so, is there any likelihood of it ever working in the future, or is it simply impossible?

Thanks.

I have not had any feedback from users who have tried to use this add-on on XBOX series
xbox use Kodi UWP version?
if yes, theoretically the addon should work

but if you encounter some errors on screen you can try cooperate to allow dev to find a solution (if it will be possible)
by opening an Issue "bug report" in the add-on GitHub and explain the error
I'm running Kodi 19 for Windows 10 with the Netflix add-on 1.41 matrix. Have tried to activate HDR in add-on settings by turning off VP9 etc, but HDR is not activated when I start a Netflix movie that contains HDR code. Downloaded HDR movies outside of Netflix in Kodi, works fine. Suggestion anyone?
(2021-03-14, 19:37)krl69 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Kodi 19 for Windows 10 with the Netflix add-on 1.41 matrix. Have tried to activate HDR in add-on settings by turning off VP9 etc, but HDR is not activated when I start a Netflix movie that contains HDR code. Downloaded HDR movies outside of Netflix in Kodi, works fine. Suggestion anyone?

AFAIK, HDR encoding is available only on 4K streams in Netflix, and on Windows you are restricted to 1080p stream max due to Widevine DRM Level 3 only available on Windows.
There is no way to get HDR under windows with Netflix, Prime and Disney+. You need a Widevine Level 1 certified Android devices such as nVidia Shield, Firetv cube/stick, etc

Depending on the type of Graphics card and graphics memory size (nVidia GT1050ti 4GB RAM for e.g. works), you may be able to get 4K HDR on Windows if you run the Netflix App instead of Kodi
(2021-03-14, 23:27)gujal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-14, 19:37)krl69 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Kodi 19 for Windows 10 with the Netflix add-on 1.41 matrix. Have tried to activate HDR in add-on settings by turning off VP9 etc, but HDR is not activated when I start a Netflix movie that contains HDR code. Downloaded HDR movies outside of Netflix in Kodi, works fine. Suggestion anyone?

AFAIK, HDR encoding is available only on 4K streams in Netflix, and on Windows you are restricted to 1080p stream max due to Widevine DRM Level 3 only available on Windows.
There is no way to get HDR under windows with Netflix, Prime and Disney+. You need a Widevine Level 1 certified Android devices such as nVidia Shield, Firetv cube/stick, etc

Depending on the type of Graphics card and graphics memory size (nVidia GT1050ti 4GB RAM for e.g. works), you may be able to get 4K HDR on Windows if you run the Netflix App instead of Kodi

The Netflix App support HDR if you manually turn on HDR i Windows 10, it also supports UHD. But what about Microsoft PlayReady in Kodi?
(2021-03-15, 15:49)krl69 Wrote: [ -> ]The Netflix App support HDR if you manually turn on HDR i Windows 10, it also supports UHD. But what about Microsoft PlayReady in Kodi?
 No Microsoft Playready or Apple Fairplay in Kodi.So far the only DRM supported in Kodi is Widewine as it is released for browsers and is available for most platforms.If Microsoft & Apple release Playready and Fairplay plugins for other browsers on other platforms, then may be possible
Great add-on guys! I just have one question.
How do I add or remove items from My List? I am using Auramod and I can't see any way to do it. Is it all possible?
I've been using an nvidia Shield 2017 for a few years now, I've always had exquisite results using Kodi with it.

Netflix... has been a different story however. Google TV doesn't natively switch framerate, and using the (beta) switch framerate functionality always results in bad A/V Sync & stutter.
So I decided to a clean-up! Fresh Kodi 19, very few plugins and the coveted Netflix Plugin. Finally all my worries would be gone! The power of Kodi with the library of Netflix!

Alas, to no avail, even though the plugin does work, and the framerate switching goes great, stutter can be perceived on many occasions. I'm using gigabit (wired) ethernet throughout my home and have a 400 mbit internet connection. Watching netflix on my computers through the app or browser results in no hiccups or stutters, whether wired or wireless. I've activated and deactivated the h.265 and VP9 option, but this too doesn't seem to help.

What can I do to make things work flawlessly? Help me Kodi (wan Kenobi) Forum, you're my only hope!
Netflix plugin always defaults to subtitle language same as the interface language. Is there a way to make it have default subs Greek, whereas the interface is in English?
(2021-03-20, 12:24)vitocorl Wrote: [ -> ]Netflix plugin always defaults to subtitle language same as the interface language. Is there a way to make it have default subs Greek, whereas the interface is in English?

Read this post
(2021-03-20, 12:35)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-20, 12:24)vitocorl Wrote: [ -> ]Netflix plugin always defaults to subtitle language same as the interface language. Is there a way to make it have default subs Greek, whereas the interface is in English?

Read this post
So, if i understand right, the only solution will be to modify kodi_ops.py, as user boirello did on post #2,699, and change his code for gr subs?
Hi, guys!  How do I remove the "profiles" button from this screen?  I'm trying to simplify the options for my family.

Last option on this image:

https://i.imgur.com/oMHlIYG.jpeg