Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Paco8
The same happens here, including the official app. i think Netflix limits the devices ESN. it's bad...
(2022-12-05, 00:18)8traxrule Wrote: [ -> ]To find the ESN on the NVidia Shield, open Settings then go to Device Preferences, then About and scroll down until you see "Netflix ESN". Yes, you do need to input the ENTIRE string of characters- what was in my add-on before was just the first few parts ending with "ANDROID=TV" I think, and I added all the numbers and letters afterwards. After this I got 4K back without restarting anything.

GREATLY appreciate these add-ons as I cannot stand having the regular apps put junk on the screen, telling me to skip parts and cut off credits. I watch everything from beginning to end, so that is just insulting.
A week ago when it was SD 540 for the first time, this method helped. Three days ago SD 540 again. Several times I reentered the full ESN on the NVidia Shield, nothing helps. No 4k
I think because Netflix has blacklisted the ESN, now even if I use the official Android TV App, it only plays up to 540p, while it can play 4K normally on Windows Microsoft Edge.
I hope this restriction is not permanent (but it should take 24 hours or more to lift it).
Yes, it seems so. I entered the ESN in the addon in two devices and now both are restricted to 540p even in the official app. In another device (which I didn't use the ESN for the addon), I still have 1080p. So it seems somehow netflix is detecting when the netflix addon is used and blacklists the ESN.
Most likely  in my case ESN is the blacklist. After how long will it be removed from the blacklist? Is there anything else that can be done. If I uninstall the original app, will it help?
Same here. Official apps are now blacklisted to 540p as well. (Sony Android Tv and Nvidia Shield). There is a temperary workaround to enter a different ESN (just change the last number to something else) but that will also be blacklisted after a while…
When I tried to reinstall the netflix official app on my Nvidia Shield there was a pop up message that my device is not fully compatibe (or something).
So there is definately something changed. Maybe they are blocking devices with the authentication key login. 
Would be nice to know how to unblock the devices. If not lifted after a while, my guess the only solution is to contact netflix. We are paying customers after all, who just want more controll (change subtitles size, color, placement, zoom in, use HDR10 instead of DV etc. at least those are my reasons.)
I tried to contact Netflix customer service and the customer service just mechanically me the corresponding help page. No doubt no help at all.
For now we have to stop using Netflix Add-On and wait for @CastagnaIT to investigate the issue. Hopefully ESN's blacklist is only temporarily restricted and will be automatically lifted when we stop using add-ons.
If this is the case that's a step in a completely wrong direction by Netflix, which is the more costly service I subscribe. I can't understand why they keep pushing people back to some more obscure methods. It's just stupid.
same here.
SD only on addon and official app on Nvidia shield.
Changing a letter at the end of the ESN get me 4K again. not sure for how long.
Seems like this also messed with other Netflix related services. like checking speed in fast.com is not working. Also in other devices (!) not sure if this is the same issue but it started at the same time.
Like my IP is also in some kind of a list, or something. 
Hope we'll find a solution here.
I don't think it has anything to do with IP, just ESN being blocked.
The problem is that the ESN is tied to the device and we can't change the ESN within the Netflix Android TV App. so far the restriction hasn't been lifted. If anyone has restored the ability to play HD\UHD on the official app, please reply.
Maybe we should try contacting Netflix customer service and ask for the restrictions to be lifted.
(2022-12-05, 11:00)etgecata Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-05, 00:18)8traxrule Wrote: [ -> ]To find the ESN on the NVidia Shield, open Settings then go to Device Preferences, then About and scroll down until you see "Netflix ESN". Yes, you do need to input the ENTIRE string of characters- what was in my add-on before was just the first few parts ending with "ANDROID=TV" I think, and I added all the numbers and letters afterwards. After this I got 4K back without restarting anything.

GREATLY appreciate these add-ons as I cannot stand having the regular apps put junk on the screen, telling me to skip parts and cut off credits. I watch everything from beginning to end, so that is just insulting.
A week ago when it was SD 540 for the first time, this method helped. Three days ago SD 540 again. Several times I reentered the full ESN on the NVidia Shield, nothing helps. No 4k

Have you tried to login to your NF account on a computer, then in account settings check the new option "Manage Access and Devices". There you can "Sign Out" any blocked device. Maybe before doing that it's worth to try uninstalling your Netflix Android TV App first, then turn off your NVidia Shield...
After Signing Out all NVidia Shield entries, maybe need to wait 24h to sign in with NVidia Shield and reinstall Netflix Android TV App.
This is just guessing on my part, as I haven't tried this procedure, yet Smile

I will try this "procedure" on my FireTV4K, but will not reinstall official NF app. Instead I'll use NF addon in Kodi where I can easily slightly change last ESN characters. Just to see if it will last...
"Manage Access and Devices" - It does not help. Just log out. I have deactivated the official Netflix application. We will wait. From what I read in other forums many people are affected by this problem. I hope a solution is found sooner.
I will unsubscribe Netflix if I cannot use kodi addon. The official Netflix app sucks.
for now, what helps is changing a letter at the end of the ESN.
Holds for 24 hours and then need to do it again.
Hello, I have a strange error and I don't know what causes it and how to fix it, maybe you can help me. I can log in, get to my profile, but then I can no longer browse some folders, mylist continue watching, etc., practically all of which are in English. But I have some in Czech and I can get into them and play videos. I don't know why the folders are in different languages... The ones in English end up with a TypeError: 'hdrType' is an invalid keyword argument for this function. Can it be fixed somehow? Thank you.