Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a known problem; se post #3121, and here.
for me the new version works for 3 days now.
Nvidia shield.
I get an email from Netflix every day about a new device connecting. 

One thing I noticed, every evening when I am starting my first watch of the day in the addon, Kodi crashes. After launching again everything works fine.
I guess the trigger is the ESN change. not sure if this is happening to others.
Unfortunately I fell into this trap as kids accessed Netflix within Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and it has reset ESN to 540p on not just Kodi but Android app as well. To counter for that I used the workaround zip updated netflix add-on which worked perfectly for the Kodi Add-on however there has been some conflict in the main Android Netflix app. First it wouldn't load. After going back on the updates refreshing it to factory and countless reboots it eventually logged in but when I try and play Nothing it wouldn't let it play stating not authorized on this device. I suspect it's the ESN conflict. But I am really stuck at what to do .. I am waiting patiently for updates regarding this issue and I will be contacting Netflix directly... I think Netflix created this issue to stop playback on Kodi in HD and possibly 4K . It would be cool to find out if similar issue has happened with Plex / emby etc or not
(2022-12-13, 20:17)Kravatak76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-13, 01:40)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-12, 20:31)Kravatak76 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to install this patch. Although playback is no longer limited to 560p, it is still limited to FHD for 4K videos Sad

Strange... On my Shield Pro 2019 this test version restored 4K playback.

Did you try to reset the ESN in the addon settings?

I tried resetting the ESN but the playback is still cropped to FHD. I have Sony Bravia TV.

@MrMagic do I have to change the ESN settings in the Netflix addon somehow? I try everything and still have only FHD :/
Right, since this add-on doesn't work it can go in the bin.
(2022-12-16, 16:50)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]Right, since this add-on doesn't work it can go in the bin.

Wow. If you don’t mind my saying so that’s a bit disrespectful of all the sterling work @CastagnaIT has done.

Have a bit more patience and see if he comes up with a solution. You can be sure he will try to.
From the project's wiki, about this error:

"If these solutions do not work, please do not open an Issue, there are no other known solutions to get around this"
I put in my ESN and changed last couple of digits to avoid a clash with my Netflix app. This is the only way I can get Dolby 5.1 out to my Sonos Playbar set up as my TV has no optical out (I broke it) and the HDMI audio splitter I use to pull the sound to SPDIF doesn't downscale DD+ from Netflix. Your plugin is a god-send, thanks!
(2022-12-17, 01:12)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]From the project's wiki, about this error:

"If these solutions do not work, please do not open an Issue, there are no other known solutions to get around this"
Maybe you should read up a bit more about the current issues instead of starting to shout baseless comments:

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...ssues/1509
Are you hard of reading? In a response to me saying I was getting rid of the add-on because of the error I had previously reported here (which was directly related to by the text I quoted from the wiki, incidentally), I was told "Have a bit more patience and see if he comes up with a solution. You can be sure he will try to." Which is why I quoted from the wiki. Nothing to do with the issue you linked. Idiot.
(2022-12-17, 14:38)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]Are you hard of reading? In a response to me saying I was getting rid of the add-on because of the error I had previously reported here (which was directly related to by the text I quoted from the wiki, incidentally), I was told "Have a bit more patience and see if he comes up with a solution. You can be sure he will try to." Which is why I quoted from the wiki. Nothing to do with the issue you linked. Idiot.

@YeahWhatever please keep your comments on this forum in the realm of civility. We will not personal insults on other forum users such as calling someone an "idiot". Consider this your warning on the subject.
(2022-12-17, 14:38)YeahWhatever Wrote: [ -> ]Idiot.

Only mentally restricted will first BIN this addon, and then insult people who still care about it. I feel sorry for your lack of mental ability to converse in a civilized manner, and would ban you from this forum if I could.
@YeahWhatever

I suggest you start breathing slowly and deeply, while counting from 1 to 10. This is not a forum that will ever condone this type of aggressive talk.
Either you will tone down your attitude quite a bit, or the moderators will have other plans with your forum account.
@Sholander

Please don't get caught deeper into the argument. It's not worth it. Let the moderators do that job for you.
Well, I got my Shield TV pro Netflix native app blacklisted too after using it's ESN on the addon... I did call Netflix, but they don't even know that device blacklisting is a thing. I've coerced the cs guy to escalate the problem but I'm pretty sure that I'll never hear anything from them again and that my Shield TV pro is now completly useless for Netflix in FHD or 4k now.

I now just hope that someone here knows a way to get some real support from Netflix about blacklisted ESN.