Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got two different versions working again, the beta version on shield and the original version (that has kids profiles working) on libreelec pi3 . In both instances I had to play around with the input stream settings, input values for bandwidth 1 for min and 6000000for max, set to auto video not manual, and media set to All.
Hi,

I am running the add-on on Raspberry Pi 3 with settings to 720p and it works quite nicely. 720p on an Asus Thinkerboard S results in a acceptable but jerky experience. Everything under 720p works, but very blurry on a big screen.
I would like to address it, not sure though whether it has to do with the Netflix add-on or rather the InputStream add-on? Maybe somebody can point me into the right direction. Thanks in advance.
I used to have some jerkiness in a PVR addon as well as certain videos in Netflix.  For me, it turned out to be related to refresh rates.

Under System, there is a section to whitelist resolutions and refresh rates.  For example, Netflix uses 24 fps for a lot of videos.  This is actually 23.976 Hz, so this is a refresh rate that I whitelisted (23.98).  In player, you also have to set "Adjust display refresh rate" to "On start / stop" or "Always".

Your mileage may vary, but this did wonders for smoother playback for me.  If you're still seeing issues, you may want to post a debug log in the video support forums:
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=264
I played around with the refresh rate whitelist and noticed right away that the amount of refresh rates for 720p is just limited to 3 and those around 60Hz. So I switched them off, but right away of an episode it goes black for 1-2 seconds changes the refresh rate and continuous. Quite annoying and it changes nothing to this jerkiness.
I know that the rockchip support is just at the beginning, so I may just have to be patient.
Will continue to observe the behaviour and might raise an issue in the video forums in due time.
Thanks a lot.
0.14.0~beta16 is now available, which is rebased on the changes made to 0.13.X in the meantime and includes the fixes made there (+ several others).

Due to the changes made by Netflix, there still appear to be some issues around HD streams in H.264, which have not been resolved yet. Working on it though...
Hi all,

4k / HDR / HEVC in Windows?

First, thank you for all of the incredible work on this addon.  My wife is so excited that she no longer has to browse a separate eco-system to find all of her shows.  But we're missing the 4k / HEVC content.

Any thoughts on streaming greater than 1080P content in windows?  I'm not very well versed in how this all works.  I've seen that it's working for the shield, but haven't found anything about it working in windows. 

The issue:
  1. When playing netflix content offered in 4k with HEVC/HDR enabled the load icon will persist and the content will not start playing (even if I wait 5-10 minutes).  Kodi process needs to be killed to resume normal playback.

What I've tried:
  1. Everything up to date (Kodi Nightly as of today / input streamer v11  / 0.13.18 netflix addon) - I have not tried beta 14
  2. Changing out my ESN for the ESN found in the windows netflix app (same box) - no effect
  3. Changing my windows desktop to HDR mode - no effect
  4. Changed input stream adaptive to manual stream selection / max quality at 1MB - no effect / still hangs
  5. Changed input stream adaptive minimum quality to 20MB - no effect
  6. Change render method to Software (from DXVA) / turned auto refresh rate switching off - no effect

Before I dig any further, I'm wondering if HEVC in windows is supported at all.  If not, is there any idea as to the timeline for when it may be supported? 

Log File: https://paste.kodi.tv/qofatuhuna
I think 4k is only supported on Android at the moment, although I have never seen it working as I only have the standard package.
(2018-11-21, 22:23)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]I think 4k is only supported on Android at the moment, although I have never seen it working as I only have the standard package.
I'm still trying to understand exactly what version of Netflix I'm using, because I read a while ago that it had been updated to include the Movies and Tv show categories on the main menu, which my working version of Netflix does not have......Yup, a mystery for sure!   Smile
From my PS3, i've moved ASSENTION to "my favorites list" (may have the term wrong).
When i start the Netflix addon within Kodi on my Windows 10 HTPC, i can see it within "my favorites list" so i start watching it via Kodi.
However Assention is not subsequently shown within "current watch list" (again may have the term wrong).

As well, watching Start Trek series on the PS3 results in it being shown within "current watch list" but the episode watch status is not shown when i logg in vai the HTPC Netflix addon.
This goes the otehr way as well, so when watching an episode of Start Trek via HTPC netflix addon, it does not reflect as being watched via the PS3.

I thought that Netflix itself kept track of all the watched status, etc, via their servers, to allow their customers to roam across devices.

So is this an issue with the Kodi netflix addon or is this a misunderstanding on my part?
(2018-11-22, 00:55)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-21, 22:23)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]I think 4k is only supported on Android at the moment, although I have never seen it working as I only have the standard package.
I'm still trying to understand exactly what version of Netflix I'm using, because I read a while ago that it had been updated to include the Movies and Tv show categories on the main menu, which my working version of Netflix does not have......Yup, a mystery for sure!   Smile         

If you want to know what is the version number of the Netflix plugin you are using, open Kodi and right click on the Netflix plugin icon and press on "Information", at the upper middle of the screen you will see the version number of the plugin.

Yes there is heavy development going on at the moment, 17 betas and its working well. There is a seperate repo on the GitHub thread for the betas.

I'm sure it will be merged into master soon as its pretty stable for me.

You need one of the 0.14.0 betas for these items to show up in the main menu. Please be aware that 0.14.0 introduces significant changes, especially regarding items exported to the Kodi library. Old exports will no longer work and must be exported again (migration routine will follow before official release).

There are still some playback issues on certain titles due to Netflix changing things on their end. We're working on sorting these out.

4K and HDR will only works on Android! Additionally, your device must be Widevine L1 and you must enter the ESN from the Netflix App in the add-on settings. Cheap Android boxes won't work in most cases, because they are only Widevine L3.

There is no roadmap on when > 1080p will be supported on other platforms, as it's currently not technically feasible.
(2018-11-22, 09:23)skylarking Wrote: [ -> ]From my PS3, i've moved ASSENTION to "my favorites list" (may have the term wrong).
When i start the Netflix addon within Kodi on my Windows 10 HTPC, i can see it within "my favorites list" so i start watching it via Kodi.
However Assention is not subsequently shown within "current watch list" (again may have the term wrong).

As well, watching Start Trek series on the PS3 results in it being shown within "current watch list" but the episode watch status is not shown when i logg in vai the HTPC Netflix addon.
This goes the otehr way as well, so when watching an episode of Start Trek via HTPC netflix addon, it does not reflect as being watched via the PS3.

I thought that Netflix itself kept track of all the watched status, etc, via their servers, to allow their customers to roam across devices.

So is this an issue with the Kodi netflix addon or is this a misunderstanding on my part?

The add-on does not report watched state back to Netflix. It only pulls watched information from Netflix (one way). It's an often requested feature but unfortunately really hard to implement and we haven't (yet) figured out how.
(2018-11-22, 11:47)caphm Wrote: [ -> ]The add-on does not report watched state back to Netflix. It only pulls watched information from Netflix (one way). It's an often requested feature but unfortunately really hard to implement and we haven't (yet) figured out how.
OK, I’m not crazy then Eek

Thanks for the heads up and one day some smart person will decide Netflix’s API’s and be able to complete this part of the add-on Nod
(2018-11-22, 11:45)caphm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-21, 22:23)docwra Wrote: [ -> ] 
You need one of the 0.14.0 betas for these items to show up in the main menu. Please be aware that 0.14.0 introduces significant changes, especially regarding items exported to the Kodi library. Old exports will no longer work and must be exported again (migration routine will follow before official release).

There are still some playback issues on certain titles due to Netflix changing things on their end. We're working on sorting these out.

4K and HDR will only works on Android! Additionally, your device must be Widevine L1 and you must enter the ESN from the Netflix App in the add-on settings. Cheap Android boxes won't work in most cases, because they are only Widevine L3.

There is no roadmap on when > 1080p will be supported on other platforms, as it's currently not technically feasible.   
That's great and many thanks for the detailed reply.
I think for now, I'll just stick with what I have which works perfectly. TBH, just being able to access Netflix via Kodi is huge bonus for me personally, rather than having to use a web browser.
I will maybe check out the beta for 4k and HDR playback at some point on my Shield.
Huge thanks for the development and hard work that's gone into this amazing addon.  Smile
Cheers