Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV Buffering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So ive been having some issues with Kodi 17.6 and the DVB Viewer PVR plugin. Basically live TV buffers. A channel takes a while to load, plays for a few seconds then stutters.

Ive done the following to try and work out WTF is going on:

- Re installed Kodi on both Amazon Fire TV boxes
- Tried Kodi on a different android box
- Tried different versions of Kodi on either box
- Re-installed Windows on my TV server and a fresh version of DVBViewer inc media server
- Re-installed DVBViewer and media server on another PC
- Tried to reset my router, network switches etc
- Tried the 'transcode' option in settings
- Shutdown & disconnected each SAT>IP server and tested individually

Non of the above make any difference. Kodi and DVBViewer has worked flawlessly for months, but now how some strange buffering issues. Kodi PVR used to load very quickly and id never get any channel buffers.

In summary i can run DVB Viewer Pro within Windows on 2 different machines which Live TV works with no issues at all, therefore the only other thing this can be (in my opinion) is something to do with the Kodi DVBViewer plugin? Add-ons are set to 'update automatically' so wondering whether this could be the issue?

Im fairly all my hardware at home is functioning correctly. Im familiar with setting up Kodi and and the backend TV server software. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
There is no update mechanism for binary/PVR addons in Kodi 17. The last change for Kodi 17 was from Oct 22, 2016. Also unless timeshift is enabled there's no buffering in the addon itself. Whatever your issue is, it's most probably not PVR related.
(2018-03-18, 14:56)manül Wrote: [ -> ]There is no update mechanism for binary/PVR addons in Kodi 17. The last change for Kodi 17 was from Oct 22, 2016. Also unless timeshift is enabled there's no buffering in the addon itself. Whatever your issue is, it's most probably not PVR related.

This actually turned out to be 2 things...

Running SAT>IP devices and other newly bought home networked devices seemed to cause issues. AS soon as i reset everything and upgraded my network switch things improved.

The second issue was interference affecting my terrestrial reception from a HDMI switcher in my loft. This was causing intermittent signal drops... making it look seem as though Kodi or DVBViewer was playing up... it wasnt.

Thanks.