Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: When I start kodi before starting my display the aspect ratio gets f***ed up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime when I start kodi before I go watch and power on my monitor the aspect ratio is fucked up. On 16:9 content I get a black bar at the top and my subtitles are cut in half with a bit off the bottom missing. Like the picture got a few inches down. This stays until I force quit Kodi and start it up again.

Anyone got this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

I am using w8.1 with krypton 17.6 and dsplayer.
Weird stuff sometimes happens if your connected to a Receiver, but don't power it on until after Kodi is up and running. The solution usually is leave your Monitor (or Receiver) on, or Power it on before Windows (and Kodi) starts. Not always easy if your having a power outage, and Windows is set to start after a power failure, but your Monitor is not.

It's really hardware dependent, as some Displays (and Receivers) never have these issues, while others do (as your experiencing).
Thanks I am trying out the solution of that threat.
(2018-03-19, 17:28)AndyHenderson Wrote: [ -> ]This thread might help:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322907 

Andy

Did not work, alas. Guess I have a differend cause of the issue.
No one else that had this issue and fixed it? Sad

The only thing that worked so far is disabling - use fullscreen windows at system settings and displays, but this causes random lock ups and sometimes even system freeze...
Yes, the solution has been stated. Turn things on in the right order.
That solution did not work as now it's sometimes random even with the the displays already on. Im gonna try going to a previous version of kodi as I didn't have this problem from the start..

I think I found a workarround I changed all the edid files with cru and removed everything that was not 1920x1080 and set this as the only default resolution. So far it didn't happen again.

Now the only thing left to fix is why everytime my monitor comes out of sleep my kodi is not full screen anymore.