Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with stub file naming, location and contents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-03-22, 03:04)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]TL;dr - Your skin is excellent and I can work around the rest.

My second post pretty much describes my environment. I have several versions of many movies; 3D, 4K UHD, 1080p, Extended/Directors Cut/Special editions, and several I have integrated deleted scenes into for my own use. All my 3D files are ISOs. I don't use SBS or TAB (OU). Reading your Wiki I can add .3D. and .bluray. to the files names to get the metadata onto the skin. Cool!

The rest I have to achieve by manually editing the library entries. That's about 500 movies. That is nothing compared to the thousands of .disc stubs I spent many months creating.

Thanks for the kind words and explanation.

I too have several (up to 4 or 5) versions of the same movie.
My library contains more than 1500 movies, and I have also manually edited the titles to my needs.

I actually filtered out 3D movies from my main movie library and created a seperate 3D library node for them.

(2018-03-22, 03:04)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]Documentaries are the most challenging - most of them are independent and are not listed on any provider, so not scrapable.

If documentaries are not scrapable, they probably need NFO files: https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
But I think you've already done that?

(2018-03-22, 03:04)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]In an ideal world additional tags might be supported, like the edition, and run time shown when the movie is highlighted, without having to play it or use the information option from the context menu. I'd like to be able to show the information in place of the plot - Is that a Kodi issue or a skin issue? - I'm too new to this to know Smile

Runtime/duration of the file is visible in most view types. Not quite sure what you mean?
Which view type do you use?

Which information would you like to show in place of the plot? Not quite following you here... Smile
Well, after rebuilding the library from scratch all seems well.... Don't know what happened.. weird Smile
(2018-03-22, 07:20)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-22, 03:04)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]TL;dr - Your skin is excellent and I can work around the rest.

My second post pretty much describes my environment. I have several versions of many movies; 3D, 4K UHD, 1080p, Extended/Directors Cut/Special editions, and several I have integrated deleted scenes into for my own use. All my 3D files are ISOs. I don't use SBS or TAB (OU). Reading your Wiki I can add .3D. and .bluray. to the files names to get the metadata onto the skin. Cool!

The rest I have to achieve by manually editing the library entries. That's about 500 movies. That is nothing compared to the thousands of .disc stubs I spent many months creating.

Thanks for the kind words and explanation.

I too have several (up to 4 or 5) versions of the same movie.
My library contains more than 1500 movies, and I have also manually edited the titles to my needs.

I actually filtered out 3D movies from my main movie library and created a seperate 3D library node for them.
(2018-03-22, 03:04)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]Documentaries are the most challenging - most of them are independent and are not listed on any provider, so not scrapable.

If documentaries are not scrapable, they probably need NFO files: https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
But I think you've already done that?
(2018-03-22, 03:04)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]In an ideal world additional tags might be supported, like the edition, and run time shown when the movie is highlighted, without having to play it or use the information option from the context menu. I'd like to be able to show the information in place of the plot - Is that a Kodi issue or a skin issue? - I'm too new to this to know Smile

Runtime/duration of the file is visible in most view types. Not quite sure what you mean?
Which view type do you use?

Which information would you like to show in place of the plot? Not quite following you here... Smile  
 Yes, I am resigned to the fact that I now need to create NFOs.

Another case of not seeing the forest for the trees. I am using the Thumbs info view. The run time is displayed. I was looking bottom right corner, which is where I think the Estuary skin shows it. I will try to read things properly before asking dumb questions.

I have no expectations that you would make changes to your skin to suit the foibles of one person, which is why I said "In an ideal world".
(2018-03-23, 01:29)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]I have no expectations that you would make changes to your skin to suit the foibles of one person, which is why I said "In an ideal world".

Well, all suggestions and improvements are more than welcome. That's what keeps evolving the skin. Smile

If I can see that the suggestions could benefit several people or it's something genious I haven't thought of yet, I'm more than happy to implement it.
(2018-03-23, 04:42)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-23, 01:29)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]I have no expectations that you would make changes to your skin to suit the foibles of one person, which is why I said "In an ideal world".

Well, all suggestions and improvements are more than welcome. That's what keeps evolving the skin. Smile

If I can see that the suggestions could benefit several people or it's something genious I haven't thought of yet, I'm more than happy to implement it.  
 Well, I find that most people these days won't (can't) read anything longer than a text message. Certainly, my sons are like that Smile That's why I find the long plots redundant. I'm a very technical person and love to see technical details; Ratings, run times, certifications, locations, media type, Main Cast... But as I said - that is easily accessible from the Extended Information and I'm just being lazy.

But there is one peculiar (and very minor) thing I've noticed. On the "Upcoming" widget in the movies, it shows movies as upcoming once the date has past. For example, it's 23rd March. Pacific Rim Uprising started in Cinemas on the 21st of March. Shouldn't that now be in "Now playing"? I'm assuming the skin works on the regional date?
(2018-03-23, 05:39)Yanta Wrote: [ -> ]But there is one peculiar (and very minor) thing I've noticed. On the "Upcoming" widget in the movies, it shows movies as upcoming once the date has past. For example, it's 23rd March. Pacific Rim Uprising started in Cinemas on the 21st of March. Shouldn't that now be in "Now playing"? I'm assuming the skin works on the regional date?

Yeah, you're right.
The content of those two widgets is provided by script.extendedinfo, so there's not much I can do on that front.

Let's move specific skin discussion to the Rapier forum. I'll be more than happy to help out there. Smile
Pages: 1 2