Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Only ever used Confluence - which skin for custom sub-menus (Raspberry Pi)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just added TV Shows to Kodi from three different folders 1. Kids TV 2. Adult TV Watched 3. Adult TV Unwatched.

The idea was to separate out the media, so it was easy to find stuff that my son wants to watch, stuff that was familiar (like boxsets) and stuff that I had yet to watch.

However, all the videos seem to be lumped in together, regardless of their source.

I have read that this is a limitation of Confluence and that there are other skins that would allow me to create sub-menus in TV Shows for the above.

Are there any lightweight skins that allow this?

I say lightweight as although my main RPi is a B2, my others are all B1+s.

What do you guys recommend?
(2018-03-20, 16:00)elsmandino Wrote: [ -> ]I have just added TV Shows to Kodi from three different folders 1. Kids TV 2. Adult TV Watched 3. Adult TV Unwatched.

The idea was to separate out the media, so it was easy to find stuff that my son wants to watch, stuff that was familiar (like boxsets) and stuff that I had yet to watch.

However, all the videos seem to be lumped in together, regardless of their source.

I have read that this is a limitation of Confluence and that there are other skins that would allow me to create sub-menus in TV Shows for the above.

Are there any lightweight skins that allow this?

I say lightweight as although my main RPi is a B2, my others are all B1+s.

What do you guys recommend?

In my opinion, any skin that uses skin.shortcuts would allow you to point at different sections within your library or directly at your source plugin sections.

A few good ones are Titan (which is completely customisable)
Sio2 / TVOS-X an Apple TV clone (my personal choice)
fTV - which is a Amazon fire stick clone

Try new and see how they behave (performance wise) no harm in installing them all and just switch between them
Shameless plug but give Quartz 5 CE a try. Available for KODI 16 thru 18. Lite weight with a very customizable home screen. Basically, anything you can favorite, which is most things, can be linked to a home screen sub menu.

Not available from the official repository, though. You need to be comfortable downloading and installing the skin from a .zip file.