Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SVCD menu support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
I would like to clearly understand if Kodi supports SVCD menus. I can play SVCD videos, but I cannot see any menu and I don't know if this is by design or if I should change anything in my setup. According to the specs, Kodi does but I would like to double check it with you.
In case it does, if someone can tell me how he could manage to see the menus, that would be great because I have 15 homemade SVCD which I would like to keep as is.
Thanks
I have done some researches in the code and so far I have located references to VCD only under IDirectory.cpp and Autorun.cpp, so I assume SVCD are simply not considered
Quote:// Video CDs can have multiple file formats. First we need to determine which one is used on the CD
        std:Confusedtring strExt;
        if (StringUtils::EqualsNoCase(name, "MPEGAV"))
          strExt = ".dat";
        if (StringUtils::EqualsNoCase(name, "MPEG2"))
    strExt = ".mpg";
      At the same time, Kodi wiki says SVCD is supported (https://kodi.wiki/view/Features_and_supported_formats) so I am puzzled...

Physical digital media: Blu-ray Disc (unencrypted), CDs, DVDs, DVD-Video, Video CDs (including VCD/SVCD/XVCD), Audio-CD (CDDA), USB Flash Drives, and local Hard Disk Drives