Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cracking sound when allow dolby audio passthrough in Qnap's Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

To faster undertand the issue check the video (with audio!): https://photos.app.goo.gl/J7sT38ehGjfS8dgl1

It is a QNAP HS-251+ with HDMI attached to a new LG OLED55B7V TV. There was no such problem on my previous TV.  The new TV's HDMI is working perfectly with dolby sound from other devices (ie Set Top Box).

In the video, when I change the passthrough device to an other and back, it starts to work perfetly (and the TV recognises the Dolby sound), so it is a driver loading issue maybe.

Thank you,
Fodri
In your other thread you said: Windows + Kodi works totally fine. This is still the case?

If yes -> IEC packages are fully the same between Windows and Linux. So it's a driver issue and therefore you should contact QNAP.

Edit: Also in your other thread you said: VLC does the same ... so now reproduce it from the command line as I told you with raw ac3 and aplay. Then they should care ...
Yes, the windows Kodi works well on the same HDMI port.
QNAP doesn't support Kodi officially already, so I'm afraid they will not help. 
Isn't it a linux driver issue we (youSmile can fix?
(2018-03-22, 01:42)afodor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the windows Kodi works well on the same HDMI port.
QNAP doesn't support Kodi officially already, so I'm afraid they will not help. 
Isn't it a linux driver issue we (youSmile can fix?
 We are writing an application. We don't write Linux drivers.