Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist - not displaying informations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am running Kodi 16 with default skin on LibreELEC for Odroid C2.
My media is split in two folders on a NAS and I use two smart playlists to distinguish browsing the media. Each movie is in a seperate folder.
The smart playlist simply consists of the rule in which folder the files are.
The media is scraped by local information only, that I generate with Ember media manager.

My problem is that only for a small part of all movies the movie information is shown, when I use the smart playlist, regardless of what view I choose.
Pressing menu and selecting "movie information" shows that the information is there, but its not displayed when only browsing.
In the default "movies" from the start page all information is shown and works properly. But browsing movies or other available options in the "files" section, has the same problem with not displaying the informations.

I have cleaned the database several times, set the whole system up completely new again and tested different settings, with no change.

So I hope someone has an idea how to solve this mystery.

Thanks
pt
Hello @ptestfall

So we have a better understanding of the problem, can you post a screenshot showing the missing information.
Ok, here they are.
So when I browse through "video -> files" or a smart playlist i get this for most of the movies:
#
When pressing "menu" and selecting "movie information" its all correctly there:
#
As you can see a very few are displayed correctly, just by browsing.
#
Using the standard "movies" from the start screen, every movie has its informations.
I could be wrong, but some of your shots look like they are from the Library, while other shots look like they are from Video>Files. You haven't used the same movie in the shots, so who knows what is going on. Hard to tell with that big black blockout there. (why?)

Have you scraped your movies into the library? I can't tell because of the black blockout (get the hint?)

Too hard to really figure out anything.

Also, if you want to take screenshots, this is the best way to do it... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/L...hot_folder
In the pictures 1,2 and 4 its the same movie "the 6th day" and of course its a different movie "#9" in the third picture as its to show that it shows informations.
The big block is just to hide all the other movies, as I dont think its of real interest, what else there is.
As mentioned I scrape the movies with ember media manager and use local info only in my Kodi library settings.
And yes as I have written above each picture, the first one is from "video -> files" that is the same result as any of my smart playlists.
The second picture is the same but with pressing "menu -> show movie information", to prove all movies have proper scraped info.
The third picture is still "video -> files" but with another movie, that shows informations....but not detailed text .......as I see now.
The fourth picture is the normal library from start screen "Movies", that shows all infos properly.

Thank you for the proper screenshot method info. But I only have a very basic three button plus navigation cross remote, with which I would have to remap keys to make it screenshot able. That I would try to avoid, so I reverted to using photos.

Hopefully that clears it to understand the problem better