Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey primaeval.... got to say im loving your work.... and have your addon up and running no problem on my windows 10 PC.... many thanks..... now the "but".... my android box which i tend to use most... its a 2/16 running android 7 nougat.... but for the life of me i cant work out the installing of ffmpeg ... the app and setup of the app no worries... but cant crack the ffmpeg.... is there a idiots guide or video to help.... many thanks... pinky
Thanks.
It should be as easy as finding a binary of ffmpeg for your system, downloading it to the sdcard and pointing to it from the addon Settings.
The tricky thing is finding a binary of ffmpeg for your system.
If your Android device isn't routed it is going to be hard to find the binary ffmpeg from an Android app or apk.
The permissions prevent apps looking at each other's files.
Have you tried the binaries I linked to in the first post?
i have tried yes... box is rooted ok... do i need to only install the binary... on a sd card... can i put on internal hhd ? ... do i need to install ffmpeg as well or is it on binary... sound like a right noob here .... many thanks
(2018-07-15, 18:54)m1pnk Wrote: [ -> ]i have tried yes... box is rooted ok... do i need to only install the binary... on a sd card... can i put on internal hhd ? ... do i need to install ffmpeg as well or is it on binary... sound like a right noob here .... many thanks
 Find a binary version of just the ffmpeg executable, not the app or apk. They are really wrappers around the main program.
Put it somewhere where you can find it in the addon Settings and the addons should copy it to the correct place and change its permissions to executable.
To save waiting around for a timer just do a Record Once on a program that has already started.
well knock me down with a feather... just loaded up on my chinese water tablet from huawei... no google on it... but loaded fine and records straight away... amazing... many thanks... so my main android box is at fault or dont have the right binary.... thanks again
Hi,

thanks for that addon.

I'm running kodi 17.6 (german) installed from kodi ppa on a linux ubuntu 18.04.
I can see the channel inside "Channel Groups" --> "All Channels" and can "Play Channel" successfully.

In iptv recorder configuration "Kodi Recording Folder" is set to default "special://temp" and "ffmpeg Recording Folder" is set to "/home/USER/Downloads/Filme".
Is this a correct configuration, or must I change "Kodi Recording Folder" to same folder as "ffmpeg Recording Folder" ?
This directory is writable.

But recording is not working. If I enter "Add One Time Rule" and insert date, start and end time, suddenly I got info "recording XXX" and at same second "recording XXX finished", but no video in /home/USER/Downloads/Filme

Any idea, what I missed ?
(2018-07-22, 19:33)rb01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

thanks for that addon.

I'm running kodi 17.6 (german) installed from kodi ppa on a linux ubuntu 18.04.
I can see the channel inside "Channel Groups" --> "All Channels" and can "Play Channel" successfully.

In iptv recorder configuration "Kodi Recording Folder" is set to default "special://temp" and "ffmpeg Recording Folder" is set to "/home/USER/Downloads/Filme".
Is this a correct configuration, or must I change "Kodi Recording Folder" to same folder as "ffmpeg Recording Folder" ?
This directory is writable.

But recording is not working. If I enter "Add One Time Rule" and insert date, start and end time, suddenly I got info "recording XXX" and at same second "recording XXX finished", but no video in /home/USER/Downloads/Filme

Any idea, what I missed ?
 Hi. As you are recording to a local folder you don't need to put anything in the "ffmpeg Recording Folder" setting. Just leave it blank.
Find the "/home/USER/Downloads/Filme" for the "Kodi Recording Folder" setting by the normal kodi file finding dialog. You might need to press backspace to go up a level or two from special://temp
Let me know if that works.
Hi,

thanks for the fast answer.

after changing "Kodi Recordings Folder" to "/home/USER/Downloads/Filme" and erasing the value in "ffmpeg Recordings Folder" I can see the recorded film in /home/USER/Downloads/Filme

Now my only open point is the timer for recording, which is not working for me.
After filling "Add One Time Rule" with date, start time and end time, recording starts immediately.
Any possibility to configure this ?
(2018-07-23, 08:47)rb01 Wrote: [ -> ]Now my only open point is the timer for recording, which is not working for me.
After filling "Add One Time Rule" with date, start time and end time, recording starts immediately.
Any possibility to configure this ?
 Try version 0.0.67. They've changed the time format in Kodi 18 and it has broken a lot of addons.
Hi,

I'm still using kodi 17.6, because in kodi.ppa is still version 17.6 for ubuntu 18.04.
Does new addon version 0.0.67 also help kodi 17.6 ?
Maybe the time format was changed in 17. A lot changed after Jarvis, not necessarily for the better in my opinion. It was a bit of a Windows Vista moment. Wink Leia is looking more polished.

Anyway: I think 0.0.67 might fix your problem. Give it a try.
Hi, I've updated to version 0.0.67, but still same problem. Recording starts immediately.
(2018-07-23, 16:30)rb01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've updated to version 0.0.67, but still same problem. Recording starts immediately.
 How far ahead did you set the timer? There is a Setting for "Minutes Before" that gets taken off the start time.
If it's not that I wonder if it is the date or time format. Have you got your Kodi set to English or German and does it make a difference?
Hi,
just one minute ago I entered Start 5 Minutes ahead from now and stop 15 minutes ahead. But recording starts immediately.
My kodi set is german. Maybe I try to set it to UK. Is UK fine for testing or should I use US ?
(2018-07-23, 17:05)rb01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
just one minute ago I entered Start 5 Minutes ahead from now and stop 15 minutes ahead. But recording starts immediately.
My kodi set is german. Maybe I try to set it to UK. Is UK fine for testing or should I use US ?
 I'm using UK settings on Kodi 18 alpha in Windows from CET summer time and "Add one time rule" works ok.

See if it is a problem with time zone conversion by setting a timer for say 6 hours ahead and a day ahead.
Internally everything is stored in UTC and converted on input and output. Maybe something is wrong there.