Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The other thing I wondered is: is all this effort worth it?
On a phone kodi is probably going to be stopped frequently by the operating system due to other apps coming to the foreground and battery saving sleep states.
You're not likely going to get reliable recordings.
An always on tv box should be ok though.

Also I still haven't found a comfortable kodi skin for phones. Tablets maybe.
I did make the Naked skin a while ago for phones but it is very spartan and needs updating for Krypton and Leia.
I was wondering about that. I've only set up kodi in the past few days. But I did have my provider's app installed last week and was able to stream video continuously all afternoon. Not having a lot of experience with android and phones, I wonder if android apps are lighter on system resources than Kodi and Kodi addons. I've yet to try streaming video in Kodi for anything over a few minutes of testing.  But there's not a lot of apps installed on the stock tiny 8 GB memory. And if I root it I can pull many useless ones out, like the T-Mobile app that constantly hounds me to update it..

What is it about estuary that makes you want for another skin? Thankfully google answers all my questions about navigating it coming from my favorite xconfluence and Confluence Customizable Mod before it.
PMed you P.
Hello I need some help.  I'm not an experienced Kodi user.  I've only used Kodi for simple stuff.  So I'm getting lost into how I go using this great addon on Android.  My goal is to try it on Android TV, nexus player, Sony TV and LeEco TV.  But if necessary I'm ready to buy the Shield TV if it offers more stable machine.
I've been looking for weeks on ways to record IPTV to no avail.  Any solutions out there do not work for me.  I've gone thru 3 HDMI recorder testing if they fit my needs but they all have something I did not like..My only hope is this add on.  By the way Thank you so much Primaeval for your work on this.  We owe you a treat and a soda.  I know you've been using Shield, I'm ready to go get one if it's better the nexus player.  
My issues are due to my inexperience with Kodi.  THe instructions a geared toward Kodi users.  I installed Krypton on my phone.  Installed IPTV Simple CLient, imported my local m3U.  and I can play the streams.  But now I tried to install this add on.  I'm kind of confused a little but this what I didi:

I chose Install from Zip file method usually used in Kodi:  Added this as source in File Manager https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iptv.recorder.  Then from Package Installer I triy to install from zip file...I get a failure...Not sure what I'm missing as step.  
Also can you clarify th step after this one.  If I get the zip file to install.  On Android How do I get ffmeg on the device?  Somewhere the instructions say to get it for your device and other place it says for Android the plugin will copy it. So I'm confused if we do need to manually copy it and where we put it or if the plug will do the job itself.

Please help me.  Bear with me since I'm not used to Kodi.  But really need this.  There's no better alternative out there. Hardware or software wise for recording IPTV.
Hi.
You can't add Github links into the File Manager as Github doesn't give you a directory listing.

The way I recommend is to grab my repo zip. Install that and install IPTV Recorder from there.
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip

Then you need to get a binary of ffmpeg for your device. That might be tricky for some of your devices.
Use something like this to find out what Android architecture you have or look at the top of the kodi.log file.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....droidinfo

If you are lucky one of the versions in the link I posted in the first post will work for you.
https://github.com/WritingMinds/ffmpeg-a...naries.zip
or here:
https://github.com/Khang-NT/ffmpeg-binar...d/releases

If not use Google to find an ffmpeg binary for your device and architecture.

Unzip the ffmpeg binary like your Download folder and point to it in 
IPTV Recorder \ Settings \ Jobs and Rules \ ffmpeg exe
On the first recording the addon will copy ffmpeg to somewhere it can run it.

Leave the Kodi Recordings Folder as default for now until you've got recording working.

If you're lucky you can just do
Maintenance \ Reload Data
to load the xmltv and m3u files from IPTV Simple Client.

Go into Channel Groups, find a program and Record Once.

If that works you can start messing around finding out where you can change your Recordings path to.
That could cause problems depending on your device as Kodi doesn't have permission to write everywhere. See a few posts back.
Thank you so much for the quick reply....I was able to go all the way to down to the step of pointing ffmpeg.  But now I don't know how I load my channels.  I can't figure out how to do Maintenance\ Reload Data to see if it works.  I only have in Maintenance\ Job or Rules and both are empty.   There's no reload options.
Also if I don't know the alternative to load the m3u.   So I can't proceed to Channels grouping to try the recording with my current ffmpeg.  Thanks again for your help.
I forgot you need to turn on debug menus to see the Reload Data button.
Settings \ Debug \ Debugging Menu Items

Restarting Kodi should trigger an update too.
Look in
Settings \ Service \ Background Service
to see when it should update.

Beware that if IPTV Simple Client gets its data from local files that another addon fetches at startup, they might not be ready for IPTV Recorder on startup.
That is what the Startup Delay setting is for.
I would like very happy if you can do a video of how to setting
I have errors when trying to record a stream. Some investigation has established

xmltv.db is OK
If I use the channel groups to select a current programme and select watch once the stream plays.

However selecting record once creates errors and the recording dosn't happen checking the error log suggests the url has not been resolved correctly and there are some errors stating "No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value"

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2018-09-12, 18:59)Foxxyfox Wrote: [ -> ]I have errors when trying to record a stream. Some investigation has established

xmltv.db is OK
If I use the channel groups to select a current programme and select watch once the stream plays.

However selecting record once creates errors and the recording dosn't happen checking the error log suggests the url has not been resolved correctly and there are some errors stating "No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value"

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll have to post or pm me a log. Make sure there aren't any banned addons in there and mask out any of your passwords that might be in the urls.

As watching works I would have thought that it is something to do with your ffmpeg and recording paths.
Samples of lines from xmldb.db (x's replace actual letters and numbers note no special characters have been altered)

Streams Line

715,UK: BBC NEWS,UK: BBC NEWS,bbcnews.uk,http://goldtech.club/bbcnews.png,UK | News,http://xxxxxxxx.xyz:80/live/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/7444.ts

Programmes Line

11884,bbcnews.uk,BBC News at Ten,,2018-09-11 21:00:00,2018-09-11 21:30:00,,"The latest national and international news, with reports from BBC correspondents worldwide. Also in HD. [S].",,,

Anything obvious?
in addition to my previous post here's an extract from the error log looks like the url is not being constructed/resolved correctly 

18:16:42.369 T:18446744072595437856 WARNING:[xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
18:16:42:378 T:18446744073221736736 ERROR:GetDirectory-Error getting plugin:plugin.video.iptv.recorder/record_once/11699/bbc1.uk/UK%3A+BBC+ONE+SD
(2018-09-12, 20:48)Foxxyfox Wrote: [ -> ]in addition to my previous post here's an extract from the error log looks like the url is not being constructed/resolved correctly 

18:16:42.369 T:18446744072595437856 WARNING:[xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
18:16:42:378 T:18446744073221736736 ERROR:GetDirectory-Error getting plugin:plugin.video.iptv.recorder/record_once/11699/bbc1.uk/UK%3A+BBC+ONE+SD
 That doesn't tell me much apart from it has loaded the xmltv and m3u files properly.

Did it make a python job file? Somewhere like:
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iptv.recorder\jobs\2806d54f-af49-11e8-a4c3-e0b9a545f00a.py

If it did look in that file and see if the ffmpeg and recording path looks reasonable.

What device are you on?
Where is your ffmpeg exe path set to?
Where is your Kodi Recordings Folder set to?
OK

Python job file made, looks reasonable 

import os, subprocess, time
import xbmc,xbmcvfs,xbmcgui
xbmcgui.Dialog().notification("Recording: UK: BBC ONE SD", "BBC News at Ten", sound=True)
cmd = ['/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ffmpeg', '-i', u'http://xxxxxx.xxxx.xyz:80/xxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/7411.ts', '-reconnect', '1', '-reconnect_at_eof', '1', '-reconnect_streamed', '1', '-reconnect_delay_max', '300', '-y', '-t', '972', '-c', 'copy', '/storage/emulated/0/backups/Other/BBC News at Ten - UK%3A BBC ONE SD - 2018-09-12 22-00.ts']
p = subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=False)
f = open(r'/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iptv.recorder/jobs/e08e50c2-b6d0-11e8-ac55-823e8fc52cb5.py.pid', 'w+')
f.write(repr(p.pid))
f.close()
p.wait()
xbmcgui.Dialog().notification("Recording finished: UK: BBC ONE SD", "BBC News at Ten", sound=True)

Does it on both android box and Firestick

ffmpeg set to storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/prebuilt-binaries.ffmpeg

Kodi recordings set to network hard drive selected in settings
Thanks for the instructions...I was able to go all the way with the set up.   My issue is now that no Channels are listed.   I can see the groupings from my m3u lists.  But no chanels.  the same m3u  are working fine in VLC and other android apps.  I know m3u are sometimes picky between applications.  They don't always work in every single app by may experience.  One working in this app may not work in the other.  It may need some tweaking to the application requirements.  Do you have a sample m3u working I can use to see what's wrong or test with.
Something to note is that m3u  is working in IPTV simple Client.  But I decided to not set up IPTV simple client  again....since I had to factory reset my nexus player.  I went ahead and just try to use the m3u list in your Add on.  Is that OK?  No channels are showing only the different groupings from the m3u.   Also I do not have the EPG  so no XMLT.   I'm not sure if that's the issue and I do need that in order for this to work.
I will try to go back and set up Simple Client and play them there and then point this addon to Simple Client.   I will report ....
But meanwhile here's below my  m3u url.  I know it's loading since I can see the grouping from them.
https://pastebin.com/wa4xjawZ
https://pastebin.com/raw/rmNHHR3C

Thank you so much.