Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does not seems to make a difference with most of my stream. Will play with both and see what's the best.
Question...have you come up to some stream recorded with iptv recorder (even with Replay)  getting out of synch audio to video?  Sometimes it does that and some time it's OK.  Same stream.  Not sure what's the culprit.  It's enoying when it does. Specially this one particular stream I have.  But it's not constant.  Any advice on getting around this is welcome.
(2018-10-01, 05:16)nashnash Wrote: [ -> ]Question...have you come up to some stream recorded with iptv recorder (even with Replay)  getting out of synch audio to video?  Sometimes it does that and some time it's OK.  Same stream.  Not sure what's the culprit.  It's enoying when it does. Specially this one particular stream I have.  But it's not constant.  Any advice on getting around this is welcome.
 If it's not the CPU overloading it's probably at the server's end which you can't do anything about.
Turn on Kodi debugging and see if the CPU goes up to 100% and stays there.

You might get a bit better performance in IPTV Recorder if you turn off "pipe ffmpeg output", as long as ffmpeg has permissions to write to the recordings folder.
I tried your IPTV Recorder on a cheap Android box and it works really well!  You did an excellent job writing the plugin.

Everything is working perfectly except for one thing.  I already use my M3U and XMLTV files in the IPTV Simple Client so I have your plugin pull its data from there.  In the IPTV Simple Client configuration (Settings > EPG Settings > Apply Time Shift To All Channels) , I have it shift the EPG entries 7 hours so they display properly.  When that EPG data gets pulled into your plugin, it looks like the 7 hour shift has been applied twice so it is now 14 hours off from the XMLTV times.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks for creating what AFAIK is the only functional IPTV recorder for Android!

Edit:  To clarify what's happening, my XMLTV file already has its times adjusted to my local time.  However, in Android my timezone is -7 hours so it seems the IPTV Simple Client by default shifts the EPG data 7 hours back and as a result, I have to change its configuration to add 7 hours to compensate for the problem.  This is probably confusing your plugin.

I haven't tried setting the tvg-shift instead of using the IPTV Simple Client's configuration to correct the EPG times.  I'll have to give that a shot tomorrow and see how it goes.
(2018-11-04, 08:01)01520717 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried your IPTV Recorder on a cheap Android box and it works really well!  You did an excellent job writing the plugin.

Everything is working perfectly except for one thing.  I already use my M3U and XMLTV files in the IPTV Simple Client so I have your plugin pull its data from there.  In the IPTV Simple Client configuration (Settings > EPG Settings > Apply Time Shift To All Channels) , I have it shift the EPG entries 7 hours so they display properly.  When that EPG data gets pulled into your plugin, it looks like the 7 hour shift has been applied twice so it is now 14 hours off from the XMLTV times.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks for creating what AFAIK is the only functional IPTV recorder for Android!

Edit:  To clarify what's happening, my XMLTV file already has its times adjusted to my local time.  However, in Android my timezone is -7 hours so it seems the IPTV Simple Client by default shifts the EPG data 7 hours back and as a result, I have to change its configuration to add 7 hours to compensate for the problem.  This is probably confusing your plugin.

I haven't tried setting the tvg-shift instead of using the IPTV Simple Client's configuration to correct the EPG times.  I'll have to give that a shot tomorrow and see how it goes.
 Thanks.
I hadn't added a manual time shift. I was assuming users would add it in the global or channel tvg-shift attributes.
I've added one in in version 0.0.77.
Each m3u has a time shift value in "Settings\Data\External m3u Time Shift" that will get added the global tvg-shift or channel tvg-shift.
See if that works as you expect it to.
(2018-11-04, 09:34)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-04, 08:01)01520717 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried your IPTV Recorder on a cheap Android box and it works really well!  You did an excellent job writing the plugin.

Thanks.
I hadn't added a manual time shift. I was assuming users would add it in the global or channel tvg-shift attributes.
Each m3u has a time shift value in "Settings\Data\External m3u Time Shift" that will get added the global tvg-shift or channel tvg-shift.
I tested the 0.77 release and the new EPG time shift option fixes the problem.  Thanks for making the change!  I also tested the tvg-shift option and that also worked but it's not as convenient.

I had some problem finding an ffmpeg that works with https.  I found one that, so far, seems to be working well on cheap Android boxes: https://github.com/Khang-NT/ffmpeg-binary-android.  He even has a version compiled for Arm NEON.
(2018-11-04, 18:23)01520717 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-04, 09:34)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.
I tested the 0.77 release and the new EPG time shift option fixes the problem.  Thanks for making the change!  I also tested the tvg-shift option and that also worked but it's not as convenient.

I had some problem finding an ffmpeg that works with https.  I found one that, so far, seems to be working well on cheap Android boxes: https://github.com/Khang-NT/ffmpeg-binary-android.  He even has a version compiled for Arm NEON. 
 Thanks. I've updated the first post with your ffmpeg link.
Great job! it works very well in Android, but is there a way to record channels with no EPG? thanks for your efforts!
(2018-11-11, 14:24)psbguy Wrote: [ -> ]Great job! it works very well in Android, but is there a way to record channels with no EPG? thanks for your efforts!
 You can if you make some dummy channels.
There are Time Rules on the channels context menu.

You might like to have a look at my "xmltv Meld" addon for some extra epg data and an easy way to add dummy channels.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330668
Thanks, I will try that, but I was trying to use TV Guide Full screen to record in Android, can this be done? I don't know where I can find ffmpeg path!
(2018-11-11, 19:42)psbguy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I will try that, but I was trying to use TV Guide Full screen to record in Android, can this be done? I don't know where I can find ffmpeg path!
 You might be able to if your Android box is rooted.
I didn't add in the code to do it on an unrooted box like in IPTV Recorder.
I'll add it in if you like.
You point to the ffmpeg exe in
Settings\Program Scheduler\AutoPlaywiths\ffmpeg Program and Output
(2018-11-11, 19:49)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-11, 19:42)psbguy Wrote: [ -> ] 
It will be great if you can add it, I will look for the best way to root my box.
(2018-11-11, 22:38)psbguy Wrote: [ -> ]
It will be great if you can add it, I will look for the best way to root my box. 
 I've got something working now so you won't need to root.
It's got a couple of teething troubles so hold tight for a bit.
 I think it's working now in version 0.17.401.
Beware that if the stream doesn't start with http TVGF will play the link and stop it to sniff the url.
That means that anything you are currently watching will be stopped.
(2018-11-12, 10:54)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
Beware that if the stream doesn't start with http TVGF will play the link and stop it to sniff the url.
 Thanks for your efforts and help, I know this will sound silly, I'm not a developer nor have sound knowledge about this, I know ffmpeg is integrated in the system, but I don't know how to locate the ffmpeg program directory in Android, is there a simple way to install ffmpeg and point TVGF to it?
(2018-11-12, 17:24)psbguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-12, 10:54)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
 Thanks for your efforts and help, I know this will sound silly, I'm not a developer nor have sound knowledge about this, I know ffmpeg is integrated in the system, but I don't know how to locate the ffmpeg program directory in Android, is there a simple way to install ffmpeg and point TVGF to it?  
 You need to grab a special version of ffmpeg for your device.
This link from the first page is probably your best bet.
https://github.com/Khang-NT/ffmpeg-binary-android

Have a look at the top of your kodi.log file or use this app to find out what your architecture is.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...info&hl=en
Pay attention to whether it is Neon or not.
Then download the right version of ffmpeg.
Unzip it.
And point this setting to wherever you unzipped it:
TVGF\Settings\Program Scheduler\AutoPlaywiths\ffmpeg Program

The first time TVGF tries to record something it will copy your ffmpeg to /data/data/org.kodi.xbmc so it can run it.