Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-29, 13:02)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 08:56)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-28, 23:02)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]As you can see the path is correct.
I did this video to let you see..

https://youtu.be/OxbsNmqvAqEImage

I can't see what you're doing there as nothing happens.
Did you press the IPTV Recorder button?
If you did, there should at least be a notification saying there is an error.

Does it record from IPTV Recorder itself?
IPTV Recorder \ Channel Groups \ All Channels \ <channel> \ <program> \ Record Once 
So, i tried as you sayd: when I chose the channel, just one click and nothing happens, if I click and hold then I can go to "set one time rule" and I can record from there. So, I don't know if it's a skin related problem, but I would love to chose the program to record from the EPG guide.. 

First I need to know if IPTV Recorder has managed to load the xmltv and m3u files from IPTV Simple Client.
If it did you should have something like:
IPTV Recorder \ Channel Groups \ All Channels \ Rai 1 HD \ Speciale TG1 \ Record Once
If you get that far see if Record Once and Play Channel work.
If not post the kodi.log file.
btw, is it possible to make the recordings directly into a chromecast compatible format, by adding something to the arguments in settings for example?
(2019-04-29, 19:03)Radikaal Wrote: [ -> ]btw, is it possible to make the recordings directly into a chromecast compatible format, by adding something to the arguments in settings for example?

You can probably change the output container to mp4 from ts in the Settings.
chromecast should handle that.
(2019-04-29, 13:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 13:02)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 08:56)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see what you're doing there as nothing happens.
Did you press the IPTV Recorder button?
If you did, there should at least be a notification saying there is an error.

Does it record from IPTV Recorder itself?
IPTV Recorder \ Channel Groups \ All Channels \ <channel> \ <program> \ Record Once 
So, i tried as you sayd: when I chose the channel, just one click and nothing happens, if I click and hold then I can go to "set one time rule" and I can record from there. So, I don't know if it's a skin related problem, but I would love to chose the program to record from the EPG guide.. 

First I need to know if IPTV Recorder has managed to load the xmltv and m3u files from IPTV Simple Client.
IPTV Recorder \ Channel Groups \ All Channels \ Rai 1 HD \ Speciale TG1 \ Record Once
Here is the video.. as you can see the EPG loads correctly (otherwise I could not see the upg guide), but nothing to record.
I did a Kodi log too, but I prefer to send you privately.

https://youtu.be/dG4A2ZBW6HI
(2019-04-29, 23:59)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 13:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 13:02)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]So, i tried as you sayd: when I chose the channel, just one click and nothing happens, if I click and hold then I can go to "set one time rule" and I can record from there. So, I don't know if it's a skin related problem, but I would love to chose the program to record from the EPG guide.. 

Here is the video.. as you can see the EPG loads correctly (otherwise I could not see the upg guide), but nothing to record.

There is nothing in the log that shows what is wrong.
By IPTV Recorder I mean the Kodi Video addon not the button in the Kodi TV Guide Program dialog.
Kodi \ Videos \ Addons \ IPTV Recorder \ Channel Groups \ All Channels \ Rai 1 HD \ Speciale TG1 \ Record Once
(2019-04-30, 08:35)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 23:59)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 13:18)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]First I need to know if IPTV Recorder has managed to load the xmltv and m3u files from IPTV Simple Client.

By IPTV Recorder I mean the Kodi Video addon not the button in the Kodi TV Guide Program dialog.
Kodi \ Videos \ Addons \ IPTV Recorder \ Channel Groups \ All Channels \ Rai 1 HD \ Speciale TG1 \ Record Once
It's in the video..
(2019-04-30, 10:08)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 08:35)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 23:59)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the video.. as you can see the EPG loads correctly (otherwise I could not see the upg guide), but nothing to record.

It's in the video.. 
Half of your channels don't have program information so I can't tell if that is the problem with the ones you tried.
Try RAI 1 HD but not FHD.

You can turn on
Settings \ Show Now/Next in All Channels / Full EPG
to see which channels have program information.

There might also be a problem with the locale settings.
Someone has been helping with that on github and we haven't found a generic fix for all devices.
If you find a channel with program information, try setting Kodi to English US and see if it can match the program from the epg grid to the IPTV Recorder program.
(2019-04-30, 10:32)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 08:35)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing in the log that shows what is wrong.
It's in the video.. 
Half of your channels don't have program information so I can't tell if that is the problem with the ones you tried.

You can turn on

Someone has been helping with that on github and we haven't found a generic fix for all devices.
If you find a channel with program information, try setting Kodi to English US and see if it can match the program from the epg grid to the IPTV Recorder program.
Tried all channels (with EPG and without EPG), but nothing [emoji30]

From guide and from the plugin, but nothing [emoji30]
(2019-04-30, 08:35)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing in the log that shows what is wrong.
It's in the video.. 

You can turn on

I don't think it's a locale problem couse if I click "record once", give the start/stop timer, it record..
(2019-04-30, 13:03)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-30, 10:08)Abba2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's in the video.. 

You can turn on

I don't think it's a locale problem couse if I click "record once", give the start/stop timer, it record.. 

Your video looks like it loaded the xmltv and m3u files but check in
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iptv.recorder
to see if they are correct.
The xmltv.db file should be about the same size as the xmltv1.xml file.

Then look in kodi.log for some kind of block of error messages to do with plugin.video.iptv.recorder

Something is not linking the m3u streams to the xmltv channels.

You can use something like this to look in the xmltv.db file and see if it has loaded the data correctly.
https://sqlitebrowser.org/
See if the "streams" table looks like the m3u file.
The "channels" table are the channels from the xmltv file.
The id columns should match the tvg_id column in the streams table.

Usually missing program data is due to either ids that don't match or some kind of unicode file format problem.
Hey primaeval.

I've successfully setup your program with my IPTV provider and everything is running entirely smoothly with zero issues. Excellent work, really. Thank you for saitiating my Pop's undying yearning for Sports. However, he's cumbersome and stubborn with UI navigation (symptom of age  Tongue ) so it's really important for him to be able to use your "Record and Play" functionality to access DVR-like timeshift features when he wants to pause or playback a highlight on one of his matches. Unfortunately, every time I've tried to test this out under your Timer context menu, it only boots me back to my Recordings folder with no playback engaged or any evidence of record-write in the folders, not even a JSON file

Any clues?
(2019-05-01, 00:52)luna128 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey primaeval.

I've successfully setup your program with my IPTV provider and everything is running entirely smoothly with zero issues. Excellent work, really. Thank you for saitiating my Pop's undying yearning for Sports. However, he's cumbersome and stubborn with UI navigation (symptom of age  Tongue ) so it's really important for him to be able to use your "Record and Play" functionality to access DVR-like timeshift features when he wants to pause or playback a highlight on one of his matches. Unfortunately, every time I've tried to test this out under your Timer context menu, it only boots me back to my Recordings folder with no playback engaged or any evidence of record-write in the folders, not even a JSON file

Any clues?

It still works for me.
There is a 5 second delay before anything will play to allow the recording to start and create a file.

Are there any error messages in kodi.log to do with plugin.video.iptv.recorder?

Is it just the Record and Play function that doesn't work from the IPTV Recorder Timer context menu for the same channel?
Does Add Timed Recording work?
Does the IPTV Recorder button on the Program Information dialog record for the same channel?
What skin are you using?
What Kodi regional setting are you using?
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any error messages in kodi.log to do with plugin.video.iptv.recorder?
Not that I can see.
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just the Record and Play function that doesn't work from the IPTV Recorder Timer context menu for the same channel?
Yes, just Record and Play.
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Does Add Timed Recording work?
Yes, perfectly as intended.
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Does the IPTV Recorder button on the Program Information dialog record for the same channel?
Yes.
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]What skin are you using?
Your official fork of Estuary for IPTV Recorder.
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]What Kodi regional setting are you using?
USA [12h]. 24h doesn't work, either.

Hardware is a 2nd Gen Fire TV unit. Leia.
Curiously, the job I had been trying to set with Record and Play seemed to take upon a random reboot I did of Kodi for a separate reason, and everything worked. I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior, but it did make me notice that the Record jobs from my Record and Play commands were being processed and moved into the active jobs directory under maintenance, but were not executing.

I'm going to do some hard resetting and I'll get back to you soon. Thanks for the free software.
(2019-05-01, 20:48)luna128 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any error messages in kodi.log to do with plugin.video.iptv.recorder?
Not that I can see.
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just the Record and Play function that doesn't work from the IPTV Recorder Timer context menu for the same channel?
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]Does the IPTV Recorder button on the Program Information dialog record for the same channel?
Yes.
(2019-05-01, 08:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]What Kodi regional setting are you using?

Curiously, the job I had been trying to set with Record and Play seemed to take upon a random reboot I did of Kodi for a separate reason, and everything worked. I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior, but it did make me notice that the Record jobs from my Record and Play commands were being processed and moved into the active jobs directory under maintenance, but were not executing.

I'm going to do some hard resetting and I'll get back to you soon. Thanks for the free software. 

What version of kodi are you using?
I wonder if there have been some changes with the way Kodi caches links.
(2019-05-01, 20:54)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 20:48)luna128 Wrote: [ -> ]
Not that I can see.
Yes.

What version of kodi are you using?
I wonder if there have been some changes with the way Kodi caches links.  

Figured out the problem, but no solution. It appears that every time a Job gets made from the Record and Play dialog, that job is actually set to record four hours ahead of the exact time I confirmed the Record and Play command.  I don't know how to solve this, I tried adjusting timeshift settings to no avail. Can't figure it out for the life of me. This is all on 18.2, by the way.