Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi as UpnP server on Android Tv Box: problems in playing videos on Windows client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody.
I'm new to the forum and I need help to fix this strange issue.
I've got an Android Tv Bov (a Mecool BB2 pro) with Kodi 17.1 installed. I use it as a UPnP server, the multimedia files are stored in 3 external hdd plugged in via an USB hub. I've modified upnpserver.xml to bypass the 200 folders limit (I've set it to 4000).
When I connect any other Android device to the WI-FI lan, a tablet or a mobile phone, the installed VLC app plays every file smoothly.
When I connect my Windows PC (running on 8.1)to the lan , VLC seems unable to play al the files: some videos start regularly, some other don't start and a download dialogue box appears. The download (to the folder:C/User/Appdata/Local/Microsoft/Windows/InetCache/IE etc.) gets to 99% and then stops. In the above mentioned folder a copy of the video file appears.
What does this mean?
Everything is fine when I open the files following the path Computer/Network/Kodi/Video Library and using the default "Video" app preinstalled in Windows. Unfortunately the Video app can't play HEVC x265 videos.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Fausto
WhyHuh

Kodi is not the greatest UPNP server. There are plenty of other options.
Well, for the metadata, maybe?