Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transitions between container content types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using two separate views to handle TV shows: one for shows, and the other for seasons/episodes. This means using Container.Content to switch between them.

It works fine, but I'd rather the switch between them was more elegant. When you select a TV show, I want that view to fade out and the seasons/episodes view to fade in, and vice-versa. This works fine for the incoming view, which happily fades in when visible. The same can't be said for the outgoing one. though, which simply vanishes. It's as though the list content is destroyed before the controls have a chance to fade out.

Any ideas?
I've tried similar in the past and gave up. 
If you only have one available view for TV shows you could use a custom window for it as workaround.
It's not really possible and I gave up trying a long time ago.

Xperience1080 probably gets as close to having smooth transitions as possible.
It does it by wrapping the list control in a group which is visible on the basis of the list being visible
e.g.
Code:
<control type="group">
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
    <control type="list" id="50">
        <visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>

This will give you a fade transition. The problem is that the content changes at the start of the animation (rather than the end). Really we need something specific like WindowClose where the animation is triggered at the start of the event but the event doesn't resolve until the animations finish.
(2018-03-26, 14:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]It's not really possible and I gave up trying a long time ago.

Xperience1080 probably gets as close to having smooth transitions as possible.
It does it by wrapping the list control in a group which is visible on the basis of the list being visible
e.g.
Code:
<control type="group">
<visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
<control type="list" id="50">
<visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>

This will give you a fade transition. The problem is that the content changes at the start of the animation (rather than the end). Really we need something specific like WindowClose where the animation is triggered at the start of the event but the event doesn't resolve until the animations finish. 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319654
@badaas - Slightly different issue. What I'm saying is that we need an additional animation "type". Currently we have WindowOpen, WindowClose, Visible, Hidden, Conditional. We need another pair called something like ViewOpen and ViewClose. These would be linked to when the view content path changes. ViewClose would trigger the animation when the content path change is triggered, but the actual path should not change until after the animation resolves. Then the path would change and ViewOpen animation would be triggered.
(2018-03-26, 23:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@badaas - Slightly different issue. What I'm saying is that we need an additional animation "type". Currently we have WindowOpen, WindowClose, Visible, Hidden, Conditional. We need another pair called something like ViewOpen and ViewClose. These would be linked to when the view content path changes. ViewClose would trigger the animation when the content path change is triggered, but the actual path should not change until after the animation resolves. Then the path would change and ViewOpen animation would be triggered.
 Ah yh, sorry ok.
But they need opening to other uses than just animation.
One reason, animations have to end before Kodi moves onto next screen etc. which is annoying.

/offtopic