Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi V18 won't Install on Android Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, all.  Been some time since I've been in.

I've decided to switch back to Kodi from SPMC and though everything, with a few hiccups, went fine installing V18 Leia on my Windows 7 desktop, I can neither install it on my Android Box nor my tablet.  Unknown sources is allowed, and both devices are on Android 6 with 2 gigs ram.  I'm likely leaving out info that might help, but for the life of me I can't think what else to add right now.  Any help greatly appreciated.
(2018-03-27, 14:27)Wanderlust Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, all.  Been some time since I've been in.

I've decided to switch back to Kodi from SPMC and though everything, with a few hiccups, went fine installing V18 Leia on my Windows 7 desktop, I can neither install it on my Android Box nor my tablet.  Unknown sources is allowed, and both devices are on Android 6 with 2 gigs ram.  I'm likely leaving out info that might help, but for the life of me I can't think what else to add right now.  Any help greatly appreciated.
Where are you downloading you apk from?

I have no problem installing from nightly builds from official kodi.tv site
(2018-03-27, 15:18)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-27, 14:27)Wanderlust Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, all.  Been some time since I've been in.

Where are you downloading you apk from?

I have no problem installing from nightly builds from official kodi.tv site  
 http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...8a/master/

Maybe it's something as simple as the wrong version?  I feel like I'm having to learn this all over again.  Someone said that maybe the firmware on my devices may only 32 bit but I can't find that info on the box or tablet.  Thanks for responding, Red.
You'll almost certainly want the 32 bit version.

Do you have play store access or the ability to install Krypton? If so start with that and then use the update addon to move to Leia.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322783
Have you already tried to install a 32 Bit version (http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/)?
Ok, I've got it sorted.  Guess my devices can't handle the 64 bit version.  Installed kodi-20180327-d6910ff8-master-armeabi-v7a.apk just fine.  Thanks for  trying to help anyway, Red.  I appreciate it.
As you didn't tell what device you have, we can't tell you if it supports 64 bit applications.
(2018-03-27, 16:05)Rechi Wrote: [ -> ]As you didn't tell what device you have, we can't tell you if it supports 64 bit applications.
 And sometimes despite running 64bits apps it won't run Kodi 64 bits versions (ArmV8)
Sorry folks, the box is a Nexbox A95x, 2/16 gig, and the tablet is a Lenovo Tab 10, 2/16 gig as well.  Thanks to everyone for chiming in.
Hello,

I've tried to install Kodi 18 on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3 but android installer don't let me to push "install" button. I've got Kodi 17 installed via Play Store and works fine, but I want to make the upgrade to v18. I've downloaded the last Nightlie from the add-on Kodi Installer, 32bit version, unknown sources is allowed too, but Android Installer don't let me to install it. It detects that it is an update, tell me the new permissions (0 new permissions)  but "install" button is grey and I can't press it.

Any ideas?
For you to fix this is simple. As soon as the "Install" option appears disabled, you pick up the remote control and turn off the Mi box, then turn it back on.
Yep, the off/on does the trick: unlikely but true.
First, both the SoC and the version of Android needs to be 64bit.  Very, very few Android devices actually run Android 64, most use Android 32.

Second, the "Install" button being greyed out has become a common issue, it has hit many devices.  This is a issue with your firmware and nothing to do with Kodi.
I have a Beelink SEA I box running android 6 and Krypton 17.6. 

Everything is fine running 17.6 but when I try to upgrade to Leia the system dies. Leia will instal but the moment I try to open an option on the left side of the home screen or open settings Kodi closes.

i have tried clearing cache, clearing data and resetting the Beelink to factory default but Leia just closes on opening.  I can’t download a log as I have no functionality in Leia whatsoever. I have also tried downloading Leia direct from Kodi rather than doing the update and my firmware on the Beelink is the most recent version. After all of the above if I do afresh instal of Kodi Krypton however everything is fine.

So my question is as follows - is there something I can do to workaround the problem or is my hardware (and it’s internal software) is no longer compatible with Kodi 18. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been flogging this horse for a while now and can't seem to find a solution. 

thanks.
(2020-01-04, 10:17)CV350 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Beelink SEA I box running android 6 and Krypton 17.6. 

Everything is fine running 17.6 but when I try to upgrade to Leia the system dies. Leia will instal but the moment I try to open an option on the left side of the home screen or open settings Kodi closes.

i have tried clearing cache, clearing data and resetting the Beelink to factory default but Leia just closes on opening.  I can’t download a log as I have no functionality in Leia whatsoever. I have also tried downloading Leia direct from Kodi rather than doing the update and my firmware on the Beelink is the most recent version. After all of the above if I do afresh instal of Kodi Krypton however everything is fine.

So my question is as follows - is there something I can do to workaround the problem or is my hardware (and it’s internal software) is no longer compatible with Kodi 18. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been flogging this horse for a while now and can't seem to find a solution. 

thanks.
Specs for the Beelink SEA I:

1. Realtek 1295 Quad Core Cpu
2. Ram 2Gb Ddr3
3. Storage: eMmc-32Gb
4. Android 6.0
5. Bluetooth 4.0
6. Wifi: 2.4G+5.8G Dual Band
7. Gpu: Arm Mali-T820Mp3
Pages: 1 2