Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Speaker Icon will not disappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mostly I use LibreElec on my intel NUC, but due to my TV being bogarded by someone else, I resolved myself to my windows computer.  I launched my Kodi and noticed that the volume Speaker icon doesn't disappear.   

I upgraded from 17.3 to the latest (17.6) but that did not solve the issue.   Any one have any ideas what could be causing this?   Possibly related but when I hit my Power icon there is no popup menu for hitting [exit], [reboot], [shutdown].

Here is an image of what it looks like (obviously).
Anything happend on screen when you hit the + or - (plus or minus keys), sounds like some screen redraw issue. You might want a quick investigation of this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
Cycling + or - does indeed manipulate the icon to a larger or smaller volume status, upon which when i get to the absolute minimum volume it turns into a red X (mute) and disappears (moving off to the right).
Do you have any game controllers or joysticks plugged into PC? any other control devices that could inadvertently be activated, I ask as we once had someone noticing volume was being activated and eventually discovered it was caused by their dog sitting on cushion with a bluetooth remote underneath.

If you post a debug log then that will show if something is continually applying volume up.
I did give that post a peruse, but I am not sure this is that, mostly because of the fact that I can make the speaker icon disappear when it mutes and the icon does change based on the volume.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2018-03-28, 01:25)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any game controllers or joysticks plugged into PC? any other control devices that could inadvertently be activated, I ask as we once had someone noticing volume was being activated and eventually discovered it was caused by their dog sitting on cushion with a bluetooth remote underneath.

If you post a debug log then that will show if something is continually applying volume up.
OMG that is PRICELESS.    Haha.   I do have a controller plugged in but its just sitting there.  Let me try working with that.

EDIT: that was it.   I have an Xbox 360 that is plugged in, and I just now noticed that the light is not blinking like it normally does.   I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now the icon disappeared.  

Now the light is blinking again on the controller, which is another annoyance all in itself.

Thanks
Thread marked solved.