Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie sets resetting its back to individual/ungrouped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Sorry for the crappy title.  I'm having an issue with my local library.  I have "group movies in sets" enabled, and initially, all seems well.  However, I've noticed a weird little bug... If I click on a collection, which brings me to the individual movies within that set, and then click back (to take me back to my root Movie library), the movies are no longer in sets.  I need to go back once more to the main menu, and then back into Movies to have them sorted in sets again.  I know it's a relatively insignificant bug but it's kind of annoying.

Hopefully that made sense.

Is there a way to have 'group movies in sets' stick?

Thanks
It's a situation that has never happened before as far as I have used XBMC or Kodi.
Can you get us a kodi debug log (wiki), so we can get some hardware and software details of your Kodi device to begin with?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks for the reply.

I've uploaded a log here: https://pastebin.com/xLmu2gP8

I'm thinking it may have something to do with my altered main menu...  I have a bunch of mountain bike films that I do not want included under "Movies", so I created a seperate link from the main menu called "Bikes" which includes only these movies.  (And obviously, these bike films are not listed under the "movies" section). I can't remember exactly how I did it, I think it was in the skin settings > customize main menu area.

Thanks again for any help.