Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shield and SMB - Unable to play FLAC files unless SMB1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am unable to play my any FLAC music files. In kodi 17 the files work perfectly mp3 files okay on kodi 18 i use android .
My full log file :Logfile

EDIT:

O found the problem the maximum used smb protokoll is the problem Big Grin
When i use maximum smb1 protokoll on my NVIDIA Shield the flac play fine when i use smb2 the dont.
A good question is now wyHuh
Windows server 2008 R2 have samba2 when i know it right ??
And wy play all my viedo files (all of them i hade thats a lot) okay and mp3 to but flac on samba2 not.Huh

EDIT 2 : Looks like the combination of Kodi 18 Nvidia Shield and Windows Server 2008 R2 causis the problem. Wink
When i use Windows 10 as server for the flac all okay the flac plays fine Wink
This looks like problems with SMB access, but you also have a lot of addons loading and are using a non-default skin.

I would try a fresh native installation - default skin, minimal addons - and playback of local FLAC files. Simplify so we can see what is going on.
Okay test it later!
Now all that you want Wink fresh native installation - default skin, minimal addons
mp3 von smb plays fine flac wont work .
Same files in spmc and on other machines plays fine.
My shares must be ok.
Ive you need mor let me know .
Logfile
Lokal flac files plays fine from share not
Logfile
Thanks. The issue seems to be that your Android device is having difficulty reading from samba, hence
 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )

Maybe it can read the mp3 files because they are smaller? But if the smb read is producing an error then the player can not function.

Does this device have an issue playing these FLAC fies if they are local or on USB? Worth testing.

EDIT: ah cross posted.
Then it is an Android/samba issue and beyond Kodi scope to fix, or certainly beyond my knowledge to help.
I can move this thread to the Android support forum, where you might get more help, or suggest that you riase a Trac ticket with all this information just for the record. I am not holding out hope that anyone wil be able to come up with a solution
No problem form the internal storage and my device is a Nvidia Shield Wink and on the same Shield flac in spmc plays fine kodi 17 i must test if necessary.log file playin flac lokaL see one post for yours Big Grin
Okay thanks maybe we have luck.
Fresh install of kodi 17 now problems with samba shared flac files playin fine. Logfile

Kodi 18 fresh install no samba shared flac files played ;(
Sorry Mario, I am not following what works and what doesn't on your Android device.
I think you are saying:
v17.6 - both mp3 and FLAC files locally or on Samba play OK
v18 - mp3 locally or on Samba play OK, but only local FLAC files play,  on smb the same FLAC files do not.

Is that correct?
v17.6 - both mp3 and FLAC on Samba play OK . ( localy not tested Wink )
v18 - mp3 locally or on Samba play OK, but only local FLAC files play,  on smb the same FLAC files do not.

FLAC from Samba only plays in Kodi v 17.6 i tested it with other legaly FLAC test from the internet files same problem (my FLAC seemes to be ok)
Test FLAC file
One theory why FLAC is an issue on smb, but mp3 is OK, is file size.
How do the file sizes of mp3 and FLAC compare?
If mp3 is smaller, can you create a similarly small FLAC file to test via smb.
Tested with with a 94.7 kb FLAC same problem..

FALC test file 94.7 kb
Tested this file with Kodi v18 running on OSX connecting to a smb share. No issue.
Thanks. So not file size..... It would not have been an answer anyway, but could have been a clue.

A team member has tested v18 playing Flac on Shield with files from SMB on a Windows server and had no problems, so your issue isn't global. What is your server running?

I have been told that v18 has a different version of SMB library to v17, there could be some kind of regression as a consequence. But I have no idea why that would only effect Flac files from your server and not mp3.  All I can suggest at the moment is gathering as much detail as we can, and I will try to find someone that has more knowledge in this area than me and the facility to investigate.
Pages: 1 2