Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: macOS 10.13.4 AppleRemote issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since 10.13.4 Kodi no longer process press and hold for apple remote up and down button. For example, when you try to scroll list by pressing AR down button it only moves for one item. 17.6 and 18 nightly build 20180328 are affected.
Check your battery.
Likewise - fine for me

Fresh batteries does wonders (and a clean).  Also look for usb3 or TV 'energy saver' interference (google TV IR interference) - oddly for plasma the brighter the Tv the less IR interference. You may find mac remote is better if IR port if shaded/outside line of sight of the TV.
Sorry, I did not follow your meaning at first.

I agree - repeat (on hold down any button) has stopped working with silver apple remote and Kodi .. does it work on any version of Kodi with High Seirra ?

I will do some testing and update with results

EDIT:

16.1 - Apple remote repeat works
17.3 - Repeat does not work
17.6 - Repeat does not work
18 -   Repeat does not work (kodi-20180605-23261e1a-master-x86)

Interestingly repeat does work after a delay in the top level of settings (array of icons).  Just right arrow and wait. I also found it occasionally works elsewhere.

Debug: here

Steps
Played a video - tried holding vol up/down a few times for a few seconds - repeat failed to work
Went to settings (first screen) - held down RIGHT button for a few seconds - repeat worked
Memphiz? Would really appreciate some help - as failure of repeat (esp vol down) is a pain
Repeat is works now for me (Leia Beta 3) - thanks so much ..