Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can Krypton and Leia be installed on same pc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I install Krypton and Leia on same pc? If so, are there any precautions I need to take? I have had Krypton installed since it's release.
Thank you
During the installation process, there is an option to install Kodi as portable. You should be able to install both (Or one) of them as portable and have no problems. I prefer installing things as portable so that I can easily transfer all my programs from one PC to another,

***EDIT***
(2018-03-31, 09:56)skybird1980 Wrote: [ -> ]No there is no Option. You can just choose another Program Folder. You have to run the kodi.exe with parameter -p then so the addons and config is saved in a subfolder named portable_data.

This is correct
(2018-03-31, 01:21)WIRLYWIRLY Wrote: [ -> ]During the installation process, there is an option to install Kodi as portable. You should be able to install both (Or one) of them as portable and have no problems. I prefer installing things as portable so that I can easily transfer all my programs from one PC to another,

No there is no Option. You can just choose another Program Folder. You have to run the kodi.exe with parameter -p then so the addons and config is saved in a subfolder named portable_data.
Cautionary tip, run Kodi always from the modified -p icon any other method, will treat Kodi as a native install from scratch.
(2018-03-31, 09:56)skybird1980 Wrote: [ -> ]No there is no Option. You can just choose another Program Folder. You have to run the kodi.exe with parameter -p then so the addons and config is saved in a subfolder named portable_data.

You are correct. I forgot Kodi is the one app that does it differently. Thanks for clarifying.