Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Removing Home Title Icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I have just finished setting up Eminence 2.0 to my preference. However, I cant seem to find a setting to remove the home title Icon/home title text from the top left of every menu item. There are no settings for this so I figure I would need to change the XML somewhere in the theme files. How would I go about doing this? or even if this sort of customisation is indeed possible. 

Thanks
have the same problem.
I'd love to be able to do this too!
anyone ever figure out how to remove this home icon
(2019-04-03, 18:57)nightshade55 Wrote: [ -> ]anyone ever figure out how to remove this home icon

That's the reason I don't use this Skin. That icon on the LHS upper left annoys me. Big Grin
do not know this skin but would start with TopBarOverlay.xml
(2019-04-28, 03:15)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]do not know this skin but would start with TopBarOverlay.xml

go into the skin folder 16x9. Open the file includes_furniture.xml. Changes in RED. It affects the icon, the text and the background-image.

<include name="Furniture_TopBar_Tile">
        <control type="image">
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(global.hideobjectshadows) + !String.IsEqual(Skin.CurrentColourTheme,Light) + !Window.IsVisible(home)</visible>
            <texture border="75">common/header-shadow-24.png</texture>

<control type="image">
            <texture border="75" colordiffuse="Background">common/header.png</texture>
            <visible>!Window.IsVisible(weather) + !VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen + !Window.IsVisible(visualization) + !Window.IsVisible(home)</visible>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),10)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="70" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),20)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="60" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),30)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="50" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),40)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="40" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),50)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="30" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),60)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="20" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),70)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="10" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + String.IsEqual(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),80)">Conditional</animation>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(background.hidefanart) + Integer.IsLess(Skin.String(fanart.opacity),90) + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(fanart.opacity))</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <texture border="75">common/header.png</texture>
            <visible>true + !Window.IsVisible(home)</visible>
            <colordiffuse>$VAR[Furniture_TopBar_Tile_BGCOLOR]</colordiffuse>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="90" time="200" condition="Skin.HasSetting(home.transparent) + [Window.IsVisible(weather)]">Conditional</animation>
        </control>

<include name="Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Content">
        <control type="image">
            <texture>$VAR[Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Icon]</texture>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <colordiffuse>HomeBarFG</colordiffuse>
            <visible>!Container.Scrolling + !Window.IsVisible(home)</visible>

<control type="label">
            <font>Font-Sublabel</font>
            <align>center</align>
            <textcolor>HomeBarFG</textcolor>
            <label>$VAR[Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Text]</label>