Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield 16bg out of space but 50gb adopted is free
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

My Shield keeps giving me low space warnings, but my adoptable storage SD card has over 50gb free!
Therefore it seems my Shield is not seeing my SD card as part of the "internal" memory.

OR would the Shield still consider the actual 16gb internal memory as distinct from the adopted storage, and once the shield storage is full, there is nothing you can do? If so, then what would be the point of adopted storage!?

Any insights welcome!
tx
Mark.
This is not a Kodi question.

That said, Android does not combine the internal and adopted storage they will still be seen as separate storage.  And if you adopted, but did not migrate your data it will still use the internal.  You can also look and see which Kodi is using by going to Settings > Apps > Kodi and see if it shows that the data is on the "Internal shared storage" or you adopted storage.  If it's on the internal, just select it and you can move the storage to the adopted storage.

PS: if for some reason you can't move the data to the adopted storage you can override that by turning on Developer options then enabling "Force allow apps on external".  There was an issue (I can't remember if is was fixed or not) with our manifest that didn't allow Kodi to write/move it's data to adopted storage, but this will resolve that.
(2018-04-03, 07:02)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ] if you adopted, but did not migrate your data it will still use the internal.  
 That's exactly the issue... I had adopted but not migrated.
Thanks for the help, I now have plenty free space on the system partition.
Cheers,
Mark.