Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield - No DTS-MA audio after Resume from Sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 17.6.

DTS-MA works fine until Shield sleeps. Upon resume, DTS-MA doesn't work and my AVR shows "PCM" on stream info, with no audio. If I select DTS-5.1 or another track it plays, but DTS-MA (and probably Dolby True HD) won't work again until I kill the Kodi app and restart it. Then it's fine again.

So I've had to cobble a macro together with a Harmony remote to double-click home button and kill apps when turning off the system, and setting a "quit app" action in Kodi after 10 minutes of inactivity, and setting a longer "sleep" time for Shield in order to try to avoid the condition.

Same situation on both Shield TV (2017 models) units I have, in 2 different systems.

Tried all audio settings that I could think of - no change.

BTW, I'm using passthrough set in Kodi, and Fixed Volume in Shield.
I do not have this issue with my shield tv. All audio codecs work just fine after sleep. Maybe the issues is with your reciever?
Same issue with HDMI straight to a TV in one system, in the other it is via an AVR then to TV.

Killing and restarting Kodi and all is fine again.

Is there a kill all apps keyboard shortcut? This would be better than my multi-key remote macro to do the same.