Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MusicBrainz Scraper Library Add-on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I consider myself not a novice Kodi (currently in LibreElec with Kodi 17.6) user. However, I am a bit confused with Music Scraping and specially regarding Musicbrainz.

My setup is (the background):

1) LE & Kodi working great
2) I have enabled Artist/Album scraping e.g. via Universal Album/Artist scraper add-on (which seems to utilize Musicbrainz by default to my understanding?)

I have following issue:

E.g. for "Kotiteollisuus" a Finnish Heavy Metal artist, the Artist info and Album arts can be found through musicbrainz.org site, BUT is not scraped at all to Kodi (Artist art, Album Art etc.)

Questions:

1) Do I need to install Musicbrainz Add-on to Kodi separatelly? I could not find in from my add-on repositories... (ref. https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:MusicBrain...er_Library)
2) If no, can I add Artist / Album arts using e.g. Mp3tag software on Windows and they are show then in Kodi?

Appreciated!

//Timo
Hello @tjsuominen

(2018-04-06, 10:02)tjsuominen Wrote: [ -> ]1) Do I need to install Musicbrainz Add-on to Kodi separatelly? I could not find in from my add-on repositories...
No. There is no separate MusicBrainz scraper. There is a plugin that works with the existing Universal Album/Artist scrapers, that auto-installs when you create your music library.

(2018-04-06, 10:02)tjsuominen Wrote: [ -> ]2) If no, can I add Artist / Album arts using e.g. Mp3tag software on Windows and they are show then in Kodi?
You would be better off tagging your music files using MusicBrainz Picard software.

Have a look through the Music Library Guide which will provide details on how to create the Music Library... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library The page Music File Tagging discusses the tagging software.
Thx @Karellen 

1) Figured that out, thx!
2) Took Picard into use, seems to do it's magic! Thx!!!

Now I need to get some fan-art as well for the missing Artists / Albums...

//Timo