Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to edit the Context menu of the Estuary skin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on a reorganization of the Estuary skin to make it more friendly for the FireTV box. I am looking for a way to edit the Context menu specifically for TV Episodes to bring the "Remove from library" option back into the main context menu (instead of the "Manage" submenu). I would also like to edit the "Remove from library" dialog window to add a check box to "Delete the file" instead of using the secondary Delete confirmation dialog. This will reduce the number of clicks on the FireTv from 9 clicks to 5 clicks to delete an episode, making media management more efficient and reducing wear and tear on the remote.

I have already heavily edited the overall interface, and I have looked at the DialogContextMenu.xml file but I can't find where the context menu is handled. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

BTW, this is what I have so far for the main UI. It looks really good on my Sony OLED 65" running on the AFTV V2.

I'm no expert but my thought is that these options are not changeable in the skin xmls, but are part of the underlying code of Kodi itself. I'm happy to be corrected but I doubt what you are doing is possible, unless you've seen it on another skin?

PS - Your skin mod looks great so far Smile
This isn't possible from skin code; it's core code.
(2018-04-07, 01:37)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no expert but my thought is that these options are not changeable in the skin xmls, but are part of the underlying code of Kodi itself. I'm happy to be corrected but I doubt what you are doing is possible, unless you've seen it on another skin?

PS - Your skin mod looks great so far Smile
 Thanks guys. So it looks like if I want to make the changes I want to, I will need to DL Kodi source, make the changes and recompile it. A bit more of a pain that I hoped, but I may do it anyway.