Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: add third button to home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
down by power and favorites, i want to add a "clean library" button.  easy to do?  hard?  where to begin, i've never messed with skins in kodi.
so i just changed the menu function of Pictures to clean library and renamed it, but I can't find where the power button and favorite buttons are.  are they in a different file from Home?
They're almost at the bottom of Home.xml - search for <description>Power Icon</description>.
It just makes me wonder, how many times a day/week/month you need to clean your library? And why?
Personally, I do a Clean Library once a year, give or take a few days.
I guess some people don't use Kodi to delete videos.
i do not use Kodi to delete videos, as I almost never do that lol
(2018-04-07, 09:11)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]They're almost at the bottom of Home.xml - search for <description>Power Icon</description>.
 sweeet, found it thanks
(2018-04-07, 09:26)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]It just makes me wonder, how many times a day/week/month you need to clean your library? And why?
Personally, I do a Clean Library once a year, give or take a few days.
 I move files pretty often.  I have my main drive with my basically permanent library where i am super anal about all my naming conventions, then i have my downloads folder where i keep anything active.  with a file being active on p2p, it has to keep the same stupid long weird name whoever posted it gave it.  after i'm finished with it there, i rename it properly and move it to it's permanent location.  That creates duplicates in my library, so i clean pretty regularly.