Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TMDB trouble with AC/DC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running OS X 10.11.6, KODI v16.1 and the latest TMDB scraper. I added AC/DC.Let.There.Be.Rock.1980. The scraper seems to be having trouble with the slash in AC/DC. I was able to go the file using the KODI file view and refresh it from there. It was added to the library on the third try. On the first try or two adding manually through the file view it came up with AC\/DC Let there Be Rock, with those 2 opposing slashes, then not added to the library. 
Hope I made sense with that description. Here's the log. Thanks guys. http://paste.kodi.tv/xusudijebu
Hello phase700b

As you already know, the / is an illegal character in some operating systems. I am guessing that is why you renamed it to the following...

/Volumes/Video 1/AC:DC.Let.There.Be.Rock.1980 mcm.mkv'

But you have renamed it in a way that is not recognised by TMDB. Go to the TMDB site, and in their search box enter AC:DC. Result = null

Just drop the illegal character and use ACDC Let There Be Rock (1980)
Yep colon is also illegal in some filesystems. It is OK in linux, but I find Kodi misinterprets it all the time.
That's what's strange. The file is named with a slash, as is previous AC/DC concerts that scraped correctly. Colons can't be used in file names on a Mac. The log shows it as a colon, but the file is actually named with a slash, AC/DC. I tried single space between words, period between each, etc. I think like Karellen said, if I left out the slash, it would have scraped correctly the first time.