Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Hi. There is something wrong in your xmltv file on line 257 column 47.
There is an xml tag that isn't closed properly.

Code:
ERROR: ParseError: mismatched tag: line 257, column 47
Hi, there.

koditvepg.com is empty. Their website was down for a bit (ddos attack) but it looks like it is fully functional now, except ...

The homepage redirects to koditvepg2.com. I was wondering if it would be possible to do a quick update and get it running again. Unfortunately, each country is using the new domain name, as well. e.g. epg.koditvepg2.com/GB/guide.xml (or .xml.gz). I thought maybe if you are able to use "find and replace" to edit the code, it might not be too big a job.

According to the website, the "2" domain is only temporary and they are working on moving to a new server. That could take a couple of days or a couple of weeks. So I don't know if you would want to fix it or just wait. If it's too big a hassle, that's totally fine. I just thought I would ask.  Smile
(2018-08-30, 23:15)TopekaRoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, there.

koditvepg.com is empty. Their website was down for a bit (ddos attack) but it looks like it is fully functional now, except ...

The homepage redirects to koditvepg2.com. I was wondering if it would be possible to do a quick update and get it running again. Unfortunately, each country is using the new domain name, as well. e.g. epg.koditvepg2.com/GB/guide.xml (or .xml.gz). I thought maybe if you are able to use "find and replace" to edit the code, it might not be too big a job.

According to the website, the "2" domain is only temporary and they are working on moving to a new server. That could take a couple of days or a couple of weeks. So I don't know if you would want to fix it or just wait. If it's too big a hassle, that's totally fine. I just thought I would ask.  Smile
 Try version 0.0.17

There is a "Setting\koditvepg.com url" that you can change to "koditvepg2.com" until they change it again.
It will just affect the download location as the original url is used internally to keep track of your subscribed channels and xmltv urls.
Version 0.0.18
I've automated it to check 'koditvepg.com' then 'koditvepg2.com' if it fails.
I think this is easier.

If it changes again please let me know.
I must be doing something wrong. I'm updated to .18 but I still get just two dots when I click on any country. I tried adding a custom url under Custom-->New and named it koditvepg.com. It is highlighted in yellow but doesn't do anything when I click on it. I used "http:// koditvepg2.com" (without the space). I tried with and without a / at the end. What am I doing wrong? I did close Kodi and reboot. Made no difference.
In 0.0.18 you shouldn't need to do anything other than what you were doing in 0.0.16. 
Just subscribe to a country in the koditvepg.com menu and select some channels.

It should automatically find the koditvepg2.com domain if koditvepg.com fails.

If it fails try pressing Reset to clear out the channels and start again.
If that fails try deleting everything in the folder "userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.xmltv.meld".

Maybe some of the views got cached with the old data.
The code uses xbmcswift2 which tries to be clever and use a timed cache of listings to save time. Sometimes it doesn't refresh itself properly.
Thanks for the reply. I don't wany to reset if I don't have too. I have a lot of channels listed from zap and Rytech, too and it would take me days to find all of them again. I'll delete the "Custom" url and try some of the other things you mentioned. If that doesn't work, I'll probably just wait for the new server at the original url.
First make a backup of the addon_data folder.

You shouldn't need the custom url at all now.
If you do it should be something like: http://epg.koditvepg2.com/AT/guide.xml.gz for Austria.
You can see them at about line 737 in main.py.

If you still can't fix it, zip up the addon_data folder without the temp subfolder, pm me a link and I'll see if I can recover it.
You can delete the temp folder. It is full of xmltv files that you have looked at or subscribed to.
Thanks. I'll let you know how it works out...
Well, I'm not having any luck. I backed up the xmltv meld folder and then deleted it. I tried a full reset and still got only .. in each country. I also lost all my other channels. Then I had to find busybox and point to it in settings again and re-enter my zip code, etc. I re-opened xmltv meld and still got only two dots, so I restored my backup file and got all my other channels from zap and rytech back. (Thank God!) Still can't get channels to show for koditvepg.com Manually updated and reloaded the TV Guide Fullscreen, but still no data for those channels. Double checked and koditvepg.com is still redirecting to koditvepg2.com. I also exited Kodi and re-booted my Android box. I even tried a fresh install on a 2nd Android box with same result. I'm not sure what to do next.
zip up the addon_data folder and pm me a link.
Having some troubles getting xmltv meld to work.  Gone through all your steps.   Installed busybox for windows and tested in command prompt.  Seems to work ok.  Added a few test channels within the program easy enough, and then updated.   Checked the m3u and xmltv files in userdata, but they contain no info.   Checked the storage folder as well, and found my selected channels in the channels file, but not in the xmltv file.   Not sure where I'm going wrong.   Have tried resetting as well a couple of times.   Attached is my kodi log.  xmltv meld info is at the bottom.  Thanks.
It looks like you didn't Subscribe to the xmltv list. It's in the context menu.
You should get something like this in the log when you do it.
Code:
[xbmcswift2] Request for "/add_xmltv/UK%2FIreland+-+FreeSat/http%3A%2F%2Frytecepg.epgspot.com%2Fepg_data%2FrytecUK_Basic.xz" matches rule for function "add_xmltv"
That was it.   Must have missed that within the instructions.  Works great now.  Cheers.
@primaeval

Just wanted to thank you for this absolutely well done addon. What a time saver and what an exemplarily support...

Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22