Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xmltv Meld - creates a single xmltv file from rytec, zap etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
xmltv Meld - version 0.0.21
-
link channels to plugin streams in Leia

IPTV Simple Client can play plugin:// links in Leia.
Use "Channel Stream" in the context menu of "Channels" to add a stream link from any Video Addon.
"Update" to generate the xmltv.xml and channels.m3u8 files in addon_data.
Those files can be pulled into IPTV Simple Client.

You may need to turn on the Kodi web server if it doesn't work.

Many thanks to the idea from @olympus.

You can also use my "Stream Searcher" addon to link to channels that frequently change url, like YouTube Live streams.
The Stream Searcher channels can be linked in "Channel Stream" too to get them into the channels.m3u8 file.
Hi,
since yesterday it says "NEW EPG URL! VISIT OUR WEBSITE!" in some of the koditvepg entries of the xmltv.xml. That's weird since the koditvepg-links seem to be intact on their site...
(2018-10-20, 11:33)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
since yesterday it says "NEW EPG URL! VISIT OUR WEBSITE!" in some of the koditvepg entries of the xmltv.xml. That's weird since the koditvepg-links seem to be intact on their site...
 Thanks.
Try version 0.0.29.
You'll have to re-Subscribe to the koditvepg countries but the channels should still work.
They've moved the xmltv files to koditvepg2.com.
Thanks for the reply,
finally I also had to delete the xmltv config file in the .storage folder. After it has been rewritten the file was downloaded correctly again from the koditvepg site.

One last question for today:
How can I start the update process via script or via the Kodi UI without popping up a dialog window?

Thanks and best regards
(2018-10-21, 14:38)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply,
finally I also had to delete the xmltv config file in the .storage folder. After it has been rewritten the file was downloaded correctly again from the koditvepg site.

One last question for today:
How can I start the update process via script or via the Kodi UI without popping up a dialog window?

Thanks and best regards
I've added an Update Notifications setting for you in Settings\Service to hide the Started/Finished notifications.
Is that what you wanted?

You can start the update in the Settings\Service at startup or on a timer.

If you want to trigger it from another script you can do it like it is done at the top of server.py
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/update)')
Thanks, the update notification is not the problem, I'd like to see this. Your command isn't working here when creating a skin button with this, I just get it running via 'ActivateWindow' and this is what I meant: I don't want a window opening up - can it be that executebuiltin doesn't work because xmltv meld is a 'folder plugin'?
(2018-10-21, 15:35)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, the update notification is not the problem, I'd like to see this. Your command isn't working here when creating a skin button with this, I just get it running via 'ActivateWindow' and this is what I meant: I don't want a window opening up - can it be that executebuiltin doesn't work because xmltv meld is a 'folder plugin'?
You'll have to show me a few details of the code you are trying to run.
I've made the addon work in video music and programs right now so you can play the video or audio links when you dig through the Folders menu.
I changed it because there seems to be some bug or something has changed with executebuiltin. 

addon.xml
Code:
<provides>video audio executable</provides>
(2018-10-21, 16:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to show me a few details of the code you are trying to run.
I've made the addon work in video music and programs right now so you can play the video or audio links when you dig through the Folders menu.
I changed it because there seems to be some bug or something has changed with executebuiltin. 

addon.xml
Code:

There is no further code, I just wanted to create a skin shortcut button (mimic) to xmltv meld's update function so that I get quick access to this command instead of going into addons etc.
Furthermore I created a script to feed tvheadend with the xmltv data via sockets and made a skin button for this. Then I was thinking about how to create a script which combines these two functions but probably that's too complicated for me :-)
So finally I then wanted to create an additional button to manually update the meld data.
(2018-10-21, 16:47)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-21, 16:14)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to show me a few details of the code you are trying to run.

addon.xml
Code:

There is no further code, I just wanted to create a skin shortcut button (mimic) to xmltv meld's update function so that I get quick access to this command instead of going into addons etc.
Furthermore I created a script to feed tvheadend with the xmltv data via sockets and made a skin button for this. Then I was thinking about how to create a script which combines these two functions but probably that's too complicated for me :-)
So finally I then wanted to create an additional button to manually update the meld data. 
 I haven't looked into skin buttons since Confluence on Jarvis.
There was a problem there with addons that work in more than one section: Video,Audio,Programs. That could be the problem.

If you want me to add in your script to push the data to tvheadend I could add that in as an option.
If you can think of a generic way to do it that would be even better. Maybe just copying the xmltv/m3u output files somewhere.
You might need to call plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/start_update rather than plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/update as that starts the update procedure in a background thread.
(2018-10-21, 17:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to call plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/start_update rather than plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/update as that starts the update procedure in a background thread.
Unfortunately this one doesn't work either...
(2018-10-21, 17:25)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-21, 17:07)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to call plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/start_update rather than plugin://plugin.program.xmltv.meld/update as that starts the update procedure in a background thread.
Unfortunately this one doesn't work either... 
You'll have to show me what you are doing. Screenshots if you can't find the code to post.
Got that from some other post out there, only one that is working here on LibreELEC due to socat problems:

#!/bin/bash
curl -d @/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.xmltv.meld/xmltv.xml -X POST -m 5 --unix-socket /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/epggrab/xmltv.sock http://google.com

For me it was important to get the xmltv data into tvheadend manually and immediately without having to open the frontend in the browser.
(2018-10-21, 17:28)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]]
You'll have to show me what you are doing. Screenshots if you can't find the code to post.

I go into my skin configuration dialog (mimic), menu and widget config, then I create a new entry in the the submenu config and paste the code you told me as a user-defined command - that's what I'm doing
(2018-10-21, 17:48)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-21, 17:28)primaeval Wrote: [ -> ]]

I go into my skin configuration dialog (mimic), menu and widget config, then I create a new entry in the the submenu config and paste the code you told me as a user-defined command - that's what I'm doing 
 That code is python code. The way you run commands from skins is different but similar.

I'm thinking of adding the ability to run a script after Update so you can add your curl command in there. How about that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22