Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pause menu has elements off screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I am using the latest Openelec with Aeon Nox Silvo.  I don't think it is a skin or OS issue because my issue only happens when I pause a video or bring up the OSD.  When I do this the menus are off screen, the time left is off screen and so on.  I have attached a photo.  I have "calibrated" the video in the Kodi menu even going so far as to "over shrink" it which does change the screen but never the OSD portion.

Although this doesn't prevent Kodi from working it is annoying because I cannot read how much time is left in the movie. (bottom of the photo)

Try running the calibration... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/D...alibration

Also, you might want to consider moving to LibreElec as OpenElec is an almost dead fork.
(2018-04-08, 23:47)acpowell Wrote: [ -> ]I have "calibrated" the video in the Kodi menu even going so far as to "over shrink" it which does change the screen but never the OSD portion.
As stated above, I have tried calibrating it.  I will look into LibreElec I know nothing about it.
Ah, yes sorry. Scanned the question too quickly.
Looks like LibreElec is just a fork of Openelec.  Unfortunately I don't want to completely reinstall everything just to fix an over-scan OSD issue.  Any other thoughts?
It is, but it's a maintained and fully up to date one supported by all but one of the original OE devs.

You can switch from one to the other by just dropping the update file from their downloads page into the update folder of the device - no need for a complete reinstall.
I have to disturb that convo Wink

Using Kodis calibration should be the last resort for those issues.

It's most likely an overscan problem which should be fixed at the TV. So please set the calibration to the default settings as it was before and look into the manual of your TV where it has its overscan settings. Most likely those are hidden at the zoom options and for 98% those problems will be solved while selecting the correct zoom option.

Nearly any modern TV should display 1920*1080 natively. So I would really wonder if that wouldn't be the case for you as well,

I highly guess you will have the problem anywhere at your Kodi screens. Try using Estuary and see, if the clock at the top right is 100% visible. I guess it's not because of the overscan problem you have.

Using the calibration will only cause that you will loose native resolution being displayed. With that you shrink the Kodi GUI that it will match the TV screen. But your TV Screen should be able to display the configured resolution natively. Also look if you are able to set the HDMI to something called "PC-mode". That should help as well if available.
I will try this tonight when I get home.  I've had a sneaking suspicion that it was skin related.  Although before a built a new machine I never had this issue.  It is weird that it is just the OSD portion.  Either way I will look at it tonight.
Sorry to dredge up a "dead" post but I actually resolved the issue just now some 3 years later.  For whatever reason my stubbornness didn't want the issue to be the TV so I never looked into it.  Well you guessed it, I changed a setting on my TV (from "set by program" to "Just Scan") and it works the way I need it to now.  Also I just upgraded to LibreELEC and it is better than openELEC if only for just being at the latest version of KODI.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry I didn't listen.
Thread marked solved.