Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confused about Retroplayer and Kodi Leia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, using Retroarch with my Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 LTS and Kodi Krypton did not turn out well. It seems Kodi locked Alsa out, blocking the sound from Retroarch. Only option I guess was to use the Pulseaudio system instead, but of what I have read Pulseaudio does not support all audio-formats in passthrough. So that option was a no-go.

So, I did update my HTPC to Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 and Kodi Leia nightly build. I did this because I mainly wanted to get the RetroPlayer feature in Leia, hoping to solve my sound-problems.

Problem here is that I think I missunderstood the RetroPlayer integration in Kodi Leia. Hence I cannot find Retroplayer at all in my Kodi Leia Nightly build. I've tried to use the Konami Code without no difference, I guess this is not implemented....

I am not sure if I have forgot something (maybe there is a repository-file which needs to be updated?).

Or I am right that the Kodi-team deliberately exclude Retroplayer from nightly-builds? So I need to build Kodi from source, somewhat integrating Retroplayer?
So if I am right, why excluding the biggest feature for Leia?
RetroPlayer was merged in December 2016, just after branching for Leia. Inserting the Konami Code should reveal the "Games" tab in the home window.
Hi @garbear !
I think have had at it enabled without realizing it, though there is no emulators, which I guess you need to install yourself.
So, I tried to test and hack a little, so I downloaded one of your old Linux versions of Kodi, copying the addons to my currently installed Kodi.
It did work, not fully though, hence my emulator did show up and I was able to setup the ROM folder and so on. But I was not able to "enable" the emulator. My current version of Kodi is complaining about incompabilites, not sure what the requirements are, but it seems the 'resource.games.libretro.restricted' is missing, and I cannot find it, maybe it is statically linked somehow, still trying to understand how Kodi and addons works, and their requirements.
Just use a Kodi nightly. My builds are usually just nightly plus the XML change that makes .zip files look like games. My last test build needs the streams branch of game.libretro, whereas nightly just uses theĀ master branch of game.libretro. I suggest compiling libretro cores from source and copying them over.