Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My observations/bugs in the skin:
1. Single widget large is still missing.
2. Skin backup service is still not working.
3. Going into the options like change view type takes very long to options to appear.
4. Slow/sluggish behavior everywhere.
(2019-11-22, 14:38)browned Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-22, 14:23)browned Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-22, 10:36)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]'restore shortcut' will be done after update, if you havent them used there before you can define them via 'edit shortcut' setting.

(which rewrite your shortcut settings into the skin xml/1080 folder , called script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml
depending on your machine it could take a bit longer.

doesnt it restore ?

i did a fresh install yesterday and all was fine.  

I did an upgrade originally, the shortcuts stopped working and did not display art work. I have since deleted the c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi directory and started fresh. Still no smart shortcuts. I notice the file mentioned above is ~250KB in 18.1.13-14, but the 18.1.12 file is ~357KB.

I also noticed the Skin Helper Service Backgrounds supported addon is not in 18.1.13-14 so that would explain why I cannot find the backgrounds I use.

I am on Windows for my testing on Kodi 18.5, with Emby 4.1.16. 

Seems pulling the Script.Skin.Helper.Backgrounds-1.0.33.zip from one of my working systems still on 18.1.12 fixed the smart shortcuts and background issues. However, on a Kodi restart the addon was gone and the problem was back.

did you got marcelveldts beta repo installed ? if not its strictly needed.
(you can install it from my repo in kodi)

i did a quick test (android phone , kodi 18.5 app store)
with
script.skin.helper.backgrounds version 1.0.34
all fine here by skin update.

Quote:section backgrounds
- no issues by current (pre-updated) shortcuts
- no issues if i restore shortcuts to default and use skinhelper section backgrounds (e.g. all movies)

if its an option for you do a fresh install
- deinstall skin (including settings file )close kodi
- install script.skin.helper.backgrounds, from marcelveldts beta repo
- install bingie repo within my repo
(cartman did a good job in update , even if its unrelated to to rotating extra section fanart)
script.skin.helper.service,
script.skin.helper.skinbackup
script.skin.helper.widgets )
- install titan mod again via repo
- set up your section backgrounds in shortcut settings and define your rotation in background settings), may double check the addon settings of sh.backgrounds )

you'll lost all settings, buts worth a try.

(SIDENOTE
script.skin.helper.backgrounds is pretty resource hungry and may not fully up to date code wise , but i still could reproduce a issue on my end)

(2019-11-22, 16:01)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]My observations/bugs in the skin:
3. Going into the options like change view type takes very long to options to appear.

1. i am usure which widget you refer , can you check the picd in
skin.titan.mod.beta.leia/extras/viewthumbs/widget[whatyoulookingfor].jpg
and write here which do you mean.

2. i said before, i cannot do anything there. i am not a python coder.
(on my test devices: android,win7 x 64, win10 x64 i got no issues . the last log i saw was related to write permisions the (? android ?) device kodi was installed on)

3. related to skinhelper.service , i cant do anything there than replace it with another method (but still no time to start that)

4. i cant really utilize that 'report' , sorry
but i suggest avoid skinhelper service where you can
- when use rotating extra fanart, use 'dont use skinhelper' option
- disable autoplay trailer
- dont use skinhelper section backgrounds in generell
(2019-11-22, 19:02)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-22, 14:23)browned Wrote: [ -> ]I did an upgrade originally, the shortcuts stopped working and did not display art work. I have since deleted the c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi directory and started fresh. Still no smart shortcuts. I notice the file mentioned above is ~250KB in 18.1.13-14, but the 18.1.12 file is ~357KB.

I also noticed the Skin Helper Service Backgrounds supported addon is not in 18.1.13-14 so that would explain why I cannot find the backgrounds I use.

Seems pulling the Script.Skin.Helper.Backgrounds-1.0.33.zip from one of my working systems still on 18.1.12 fixed the smart shortcuts and background issues. However, on a Kodi restart the addon was gone and the problem was back.

with

- no issues if i restore shortcuts to default and use skinhelper section backgrounds (e.g. all movies)

(cartman did a good job in update , even if its unrelated to to rotating extra section fanart)
- set up your section backgrounds in shortcut settings and define your rotation in background settings), may double check the addon settings of sh.backgrounds )

(SIDENOTE
script.skin.helper.backgrounds is pretty resource hungry and may not fully up to date code wise , but i still could reproduce a issue on my end)

(2019-11-22, 16:01)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]My observations/bugs in the skin:

1. i am usure which widget you refer , can you check the picd in

(on my test devices: android,win7 x 64, win10 x64 i got no issues . the last log i saw was related to write permisions the (? android ?) device kodi was installed on)

3. related to skinhelper.service , i cant do anything there than replace it with another method (but still no time to start that)

Skin backup work for me.
(2019-11-22, 19:02)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-22, 14:23)browned Wrote: [ -> ]I did an upgrade originally, the shortcuts stopped working and did not display art work. I have since deleted the c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi directory and started fresh. Still no smart shortcuts. I notice the file mentioned above is ~250KB in 18.1.13-14, but the 18.1.12 file is ~357KB.

(you can install it from my repo in kodi)

with

(SIDENOTE

[/quote]

Seems that the Skin helper backgrounds wasn't available in Marcels repo or it just kept removing itself, Installing bingie updated all of the above and added the backgrounds. So it is working as expected now. Strange situation though, having refreshed this install of Kodi 4 or 5 times hoping for a fix it seems the bingie repo did the job. Marcel's repo just wasn't working for backgrounds. My normal repo installs are Emby Beta, Marcels Beta, and your Marduk's repo 1.0.3. Not needed any others until now.
(2019-11-22, 01:42)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-21, 23:07)allanp81 Wrote: [ -> ]"Hide panel background" seems to not change anything anymore. When I go to EPG view, Movies view, TV shows view everything just seems transparent now whereas before it had a solid background unless I change the aforementioned setting.

You have to go to the "skin-setting --> custom color setting" and you choose your color because not all colors are defined
- or you use color theme TitanMod-Ice should be slightly better visible.
- or you have your old color theme setting saved then everything is as you know it. 
Doesn't seem to matter what I do, it doesn't look right. It's either transparent or the colours are too "in your face" for it to look how it used to look.
(2019-11-22, 19:02)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]1. i am usure which widget you refer , can you check the picd in

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

1. I was referring to
Skin settings >
Configure shortcuts >
Edit menu shortcuts >
Widgets >
Widget rows >
*Multiple widgets
*Multiple widgets - Multiple rows
"Here this option is missing
*Single Widget large"

2. I was not knowing that, but can you please suggest me a way to backup only Titan mod skin settings, because I have configured many things in the skin so that I will not lose them.

3. Ok, no problem, I will live with it.

4. I have not enabled Autoplay trailer. I will surely check the options recommended by you.

Thanks again for your good work.
I edit and apologize ...
(2019-11-23, 06:22)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]1. I was referring to
Skin settings >
Configure shortcuts >
Edit menu shortcuts >
Widgets >
Widget rows >
*Multiple widgets
*Single Widget large"

2. I was not knowing that, but can you please suggest me a way to backup only Titan mod skin settings, because I have configured many things in the skin so that I will not lose them.

4. I have not enabled Autoplay trailer. I will surely check the options recommended by you.

ahh.ok.

1. i'll take a look , which homelayout?

2. you can manualy back up them.but you need also manual copy it back to their origin ,when you wanna use

skinsettings

you need to go into

userdata/addondata/
backup the folder skin.titan.mod.beta.leia
and save them, where you want

shortcuts
you need to go into
userdata/addondata/
backup the folder script.skinshortcuts

Quote:@norien , @sanangel
Los iconos se pueden eliminar: configuración / configuración del sistema / configuración de máscara / diseño de la página de inicio / desactivar elementos del menú principal de iconos.

Lo que no sé si puedes quitar la franja del lado izquierdo y hacer que los widgets estén completamente pegados al lado izquierdo de la pantalla ... @mardukL

i dont understand espanol? even if its sounds nice when spoken ;-)

pls keep it english here.

but the home menu has its issues anyway and i try to imrove some things and make the sidebar visibility optional.
@mardukL
Quote:ahh.ok.

2. you can manualy back up them.but you need also manual copy it back to their origin ,when you wanna use

skinsettings

you need to go into

userdata/addondata/

shortcuts
you need to go into
userdata/addondata/

1. I use Simple confluence style homescreen vertical
Correction: There actually there were 4 options
*Multiple widgets
*Single Widget large
*Single widget

2. Thanks, I will do it
hello @mardukL.  I found a small bug in my last and penultimate update.
please look:

IncludesHomeWidgets.xml

Line: 184 --> !string.isequal(skin.aspectratio,16:10) + string.isequal(window.property(widgetstyle),circle)]  ...

change into: --> !string.isequal(skin.aspectratio,16:10) + string.isequal(window.property(widgetstyle),circle) ...
(2019-11-23, 00:31)allanp81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-22, 01:42)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-21, 23:07)allanp81 Wrote: [ -> ]"Hide panel background" seems to not change anything anymore. When I go to EPG view, Movies view, TV shows view everything just seems transparent now whereas before it had a solid background unless I change the aforementioned setting.

You have to go to the "skin-setting --> custom color setting" and you choose your color because not all colors are defined
- or you have your old color theme setting saved then everything is as you know it.   
Doesn't seem to matter what I do, it doesn't look right. It's either transparent or the colours are too "in your face" for it to look how it used to look.  

Then try this color theme: themes.zip

Simply unpack in "\ userdata \ addon_data \ skin.titan.mod.beta.leia \ themes \" and select "Standard_Thema".
Could suit you.
(2019-11-22, 02:00)norien Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 18:36)sanangel Wrote: [ -> ]@mardukL, In beta version 18.1.13, is there any way I can remove the side stripe of the menu icons (as in 1.12)? Could you also tell me if I can edit includedhomewidgets to make the sources of the argument of the movie / series on the main screen?

Did you ever figure out how to remove the side stripe menu icons? 
The icons can be deleted: configuration / system configuration / mask configuration / homepage design / deactivate items from the main icon menu.

What I don't know if you can remove the strip from the left side and make the widgets completely glued to the left side of the screen ... @mardukL
(2019-11-23, 12:52)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-23, 00:31)allanp81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-22, 01:42)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to go to the "skin-setting --> custom color setting" and you choose your color because not all colors are defined

Simply unpack in "\ userdata \ addon_data \ skin.titan.mod.beta.leia \ themes \" and select "Standard_Thema".
Could suit you. 

Yes, that's much nicer but the main menu "rectangles" now have rounded edges and a much bigger font that again seems different to how it was before. I know I'm being a pain, but I have to take into the WAF (wife acceptance factor) as she just tuts when I say I don't know why it's changed and how to get it back to how it was!
(2019-11-23, 15:31)allanp81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-23, 12:52)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-23, 00:31)allanp81 Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't seem to matter what I do, it doesn't look right. It's either transparent or the colours are too "in your face" for it to look how it used to look.   

Could suit you.   

Yes, that's much nicer but the main menu "rectangles" now have rounded edges and a much bigger font that again seems different to how it was before. I know I'm being a pain, but I have to take into the WAF (wife acceptance factor) as she just tuts when I say I don't know why it's changed and how to get it back to how it was!  

Settings --> Interface --> Skin --> -Theme  --> Skin default (no rounded edges)
Font size is like that.
(2019-11-23, 11:32)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-23, 06:22)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]1. I was referring to
Skin settings >
Configure shortcuts >
Edit menu shortcuts >
Widgets >
Widget rows >
*Multiple widgets
*Single Widget large"

ahh.ok.

skinsettings

you need to go into

userdata/addondata/

shortcuts
you need to go into
userdata/addondata/

Quote:@norien , @sanangel
Los iconos se pueden eliminar: configuración / configuración del sistema / configuración de máscara / diseño de la página de inicio / desactivar elementos del menú principal de iconos.

Lo que no sé si puedes quitar la franja del lado izquierdo y hacer que los widgets estén completamente pegados al lado izquierdo de la pantalla ... @mardukL

i dont understand espanol? even if its sounds nice when spoken ;-)

pls keep it english here.

but the home menu has its issues anyway and i try to imrove some things and make the sidebar visibility optional.

I apologize, I have already edited the message. The automatic translation played tricks on me ...