Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to stop Live TV on exit to menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

When watching Live TV, is it possible to stop the playback when going back to the Live TV menu, instead of the video playing on the background?

I have seen suggestions to install the Keymap add-on and map the BACK button to also trigger a STOP action. I don't know whether that works only when using a remote but in any case, I believe this is not a solution, because then it won't be possible for example to open the EPG just to check something and then press BACK to return to the playing channel - that will stop the channel, right?

I've seen this implemented in the skin "Nebula" - it can be enabled in Settings > Skins > Play > Stop playback on return to menu

However, that doesn't seem possible in the default skin (Estuary), and I would prefer using it. So, is it possible to do in Estuary? Or is there any add-on that can do what I want?

P.S. I'm not sure whether I've picked the correct sub-forum to post this. If it is not, I beg a friendly moderator to move it.