Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What is the most fluid media center for the Raspberry Pi 1 B+ ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

What is the fastest media center for raspberry pi 1 b+. OSMC, LibreELEC, others ? (and skin Wink)

Thx !
Fastest to do what?
Highest display rate, quickest changeover in play list, ...
Yes, the most light for the specs of the 1 b+.
Honest answer. It's underpowered. A 3B+ is only £32. You're better off upgrading IMO.
I just want to make a media center for my dad.

I only want to know which one and the lightest
For an existing older rpi and use as media player would pop Libreelec it. As mentioned don't expect blazing fast speed in GUI etc but for starting and then just playing locally stored media it's fine.
(2018-04-15, 13:33)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]For an existing older rpi and use as media player would pop Libreelec it. As mentioned don't expect blazing fast speed in GUI etc but for starting and then just playing locally stored media it's fine.

Yes I only want to have create the playlist and then play the video files.
LibreElec and a light skin like Amber works acceptably on a Pi zero, so should be similar on a 1B+ perhaps.
Amber no exist for v17 ?!
It runs fine under Krypton.

Must admit I've yet to try it under Leia though, and I'm not sure it's being supported any more.

The point was that low power devices like the earlier Pi's need light skins.
Ok, other skin ? thanks !
If you'd like to try the OSMC route, I think the default OSMC skin is one of the most lightweight skins I've seen.  Mind you, I don't *like* it, but it is very lightweight.
Yes, I agree with you.
Get a good powersupply, a Class 10 SD card and overclock it into Turbo Mode and they are perfectly acceptable.  I still use RPI 1s.  They only seem slow when using addons and when booting.
Yes, supply 2A et SD class 10 Lexar and OC at 800Mhz
Pages: 1 2