Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio stutter on new AMD machine. (What does rr mean in codec info?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I just built a new HTPC based on an AMD Raven Ridge 2400g apu. Everything works splendidly, except for Kodi.

About half of the times that I try to play a video (or PVR stream), the audio stutters. It's not file related, because sometimes a certain file works, and the next time I start the same file, it stutters again.

I noticed that when audio stutters, the 'rr' bit in the codec info (ctrtl/alt/O) shows it's not 1.000, but about 1.050. See this screenshot:

When all is OK, that value is 1.00. What does 'rr' mean? What is this value? It's definitely related.

Here is a debug log: https://pastebin.com/4WNwhK1R

Can someone help me please?
you audio stream goes back to the future Big Grin (scnr)
i think that means roundrobin
(2018-04-21, 17:20)skybird1980 Wrote: [ -> ]i think that means roundrobin
 Thanks. Although I don't know what that means in that context. :\

Anyway, I found that the culprit seems to be my USB DAC/amp. (NAD C390DD).

It worked splendidly with my previous HTPC over USB, also with Windows 10, but apparently this new machine does not like it. If I play videos with audio over HDMI (into my TV), then all stutters are gone. I tried to change drivers, changed cables, changed USB port, tried Kodi Leia, but all of that did not work. I have now ordered a S/PDIF connector that plugs into my motherboard (because unfortunately, it has no external S/PDIF connectors. Didn't know I might need it!) Hopefully that helps.